ChaseChat - Forrest Fenn's Forum
Sacha wakes up. - Printable Version

+- ChaseChat - Forrest Fenn's Forum (http://www.chasechat.com)
+-- Forum: Forum (http://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Sacha wakes up. (/showthread.php?tid=10978)

Pages: 1 2 3

Sacha wakes up. - crazyfamily - 10-07-2018

Originally posted at Hairy’s Crack Lounge, Sacha copied it below in comment #7.

Let’s see if he gives her the same response he gave me when I called him out on his editing of video that omitted a very revealing comment from Forrest. What was it I was saying about integrity...?

razyfamily

RE: Sacha wakes up. - Chris Yates - 10-08-2018

it's dog eat dog out there

https://i.postimg.cc/7LV5sc9b/dogs.gif

RE: Sacha wakes up. - Andrew Jef - 10-08-2018

(10-07-2018, 11:29 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Posted at Hairy’s Crack Lounge.

Let’s see if he gives her the same response he gave me when I called him out on his editing of video that omitted a very revealing comment from Forrest. What was it I was saying about integrity...?

razyfamily

If you aren't interested in the chase, you might want to spend some time in your
local library. There is a lot of useful information there, but it might not very well
feed anyone's "scandal" addiction.

Sacha wakes up. - Mindy - 10-08-2018

(10-07-2018, 11:29 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Posted at Hairy’s Crack Lounge.

razyfamily

Are you talking about Toby and Shelley? I don’t want to click your link, CF. I’m doing well staying away from that viper pit. Can you summarize what Sacha said?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sacha wakes up. - crazyfamily - 10-08-2018

That is Yates link. It's much too much to summarize with any detail.

Basically, seems some people are upset with certain YouTube channel operators and asked her to be honest about what goes on behind the scenes. She says "FennTubers" have been begging viewers for money, hounding Forrest for words and using any morsels from him for some competitive edge. Even bugging him to appear on their channel. Forrest has implemented a no-YouTuber policy.

Sacha admits making "some" money selling chase related goods, but never asked anyone for donations.

razyfamily

RE: Sacha wakes up. - fundamental design - 10-08-2018

That’s a hot mess. I’m sure many searchers predicted that hot mess. Not the flip side of the Chase one would want to strive for.

RE: Sacha wakes up. - intheknow - 10-08-2018

The point of my post is that many of the YouTubers are only doing shows to extract clues, information, and money out of all of you. Also, there is a lot of backstabbing, undermining, and shade throwing among the YouTube circle.

If you are ok with lining others' pockets for doing nothing, then ignore this post.

I am copying and pasting the post here, so that you are not all required to go to another site to read it. Everything below is copied and pasted as it was written.

You better fill up your drink and grab some popcorn.

Buckle up Buttercup. It's about to get bumpy in here.

I have had several people message me and say that I owe it to the chase community to be honest about what goes on behind the scenes in the Fenntuber circle. I have been thinking about this, and I have mixed feelings on it. On one hand, I don't like to snitch. On the other, I definitely don't like people being taken advantage of. What follows is all true. No names have been included, to protect the innocent. Any inferences you make to any individuals living or dead are not going to be confirmed or denied.

Let me start by saying that I have made money on the chase....sort of. Many of you know that I used to have a website several years ago selling chase-related items. I did sell the items for a profit, for about a year. However, all the profit I made from the website went back into the chase. I spent some of the money on searching for Randy. I spent the rest on Fennboree - more than $6000 for the one year I organized it. I gave away items to every person that attended, and more that couldn't. In reality, I lost a lot of money doing that business, and never actually 'turned a profit'. During my time on YouTube, I shared a lot of my research, and even some of my actual clues, with all of you. I have shared my sources and links, and even some of my information about Forrest. I gave up the map of my search area, even. I have NEVER asked anyone in the community for a donation for my own pocket, and would rather live on the street than take anything from any of you that I did not earn. I have NEVER been paid to do an interview or movie. Those have all been on my dime, including the expense of searching.

Forrest Fenn has run a negative balance since he came up with the idea to do this chase. He hasn't made one red cent.

To some of the Fenntubers, you are not people. You are subscribers and viewers. You are a nameless hash mark, only counted towards the ultimate goal of 1000 (or whatever goal) subscribers , and monetization. When they ask you to donate, it is always 'to help bring you more quality content.' But, what quality content are they bringing you? Some of them just read words from the poem or TTOTC. But, they didn't create that content, Forrest did. They take something that someone else made, recite it, and call it quality content. Then, they stick commercials in it every 3 minutes so they can get a few more dollars out of it. Then, they ask you to donate, and they give you multiple ways to do so. What's worse, is many of them give out WRONG information, both by accident and intentionally. They misquote Forrest, and they claim to know 'facts' that are not facts at all.

Let's Google the word Donate: give (money or goods) for a good cause, for example to a charity.

None of the money you 'donate' goes to any good cause, unless it is specified (like the J Diggins raffle was). It all goes into someone's pocket. Do you know what they do with that money? They buy new cameras to make themselves prettier, and better lighting to hide the wrinkles, and new computers for video streaming and gaming. I would not call any of those good causes. Are you in the habit of giving people your hard-earned money so that they can be buy themselves frivolous things?

Every time someone streams a chase-related event, it is not to 'be nice to the chase community'. It is so that you are forced to see it on their channel, increasing their number of viewers, and the number of commercials they can play, and so they can make more money (off of you).

Not all Fenntubers are like this. Some of them genuinely enjoy doing what they do for you guys. They do their best to bring you good content, and to make a fair and welcoming place for all. They don't ask for your money, donations, information, or clues.

How can you determine who is which? Well, I would say first to start by looking in the comments section of the video you are watching. Are they asking for a donation? Is it the first link under the video? Do they request a superchat donation, just to hear your questions and pretend like you exist for a moment? Do they claim your donation is to 'bring you more quality content'? Do they tell you ANY of their own interpretations of information or clues, or do they only ask for yours?

Some of the Fenntubers have outright harassed Forrest for words and information, just so that their shows can get more views. He had to institute a 'No Youtubers' rule because these people were relentless in their efforts. They want Forrest to be on their show, answer questions, and give tidbits of info. Sometimes, it isn't for money, but because they want to rub it in the face of other YouTubers. There is a lot of manipulation, back-stabbing, and rumor spreading that goes on between the Fenntubers themselves. There are cliques, factions, bullies, and megalomainacs (a person who is obsessed with his or her own power). I have seen at least one budding YouTuber be run off by another, more experienced set.

When you give them money, it is not a donation - it is a handout. If you like giving handouts, then you can continue doing so. If you want to give someone else your information so that they have a better chance to find the chest, please feel free to do so. I am not telling anyone what to do, I am just informing you of what actually goes on, so that you can make your own informed decisions about whom to support.

Don't believe anything you see on YouTube. It is like reality TV. It is scripted for entertainment and monetary value only. Any actual good information that may arise from viewing is purely accidental.

Finally, no one should ever listen to me. I am not an expert in anything, except in where the treasure isn't. I got about 300 places where it isn't.

Don't forget to Subscribe, Like, and Share....and click on the link below to donate.

Sacha

P.S. I did this in Harry's because I know that this is going to piss a lot of people off, but I know it won't get deleted or blocked here. But, let me point out that not one of my former fellow Fenntubers has asked me once how I am doing, messaged me to see if I am ok, or even pretended to care, since I left the community. Except Sean Martinez (and Ally Jeffs too). He is a pretty stand-up guy.

Sacha wakes up. - Mindy - 10-08-2018

(10-08-2018, 08:21 AM)intheknow Wrote: The point of my post is that many of the YouTubers are only doing shows to extract clues, information, and money out of all of you. Also, there is a lot of backstabbing, undermining, and shade throwing among the YouTube circle.

If you are ok with lining others' pockets for doing nothing, then ignore this post.

I am copying and pasting the post here, so that you are not all required to go to another site to read it. Everything below is copied and pasted as it was written.

You better fill up your drink and grab some popcorn.

Buckle up Buttercup. It's about to get bumpy in here.

I have had several people message me and say that I owe it to the chase community to be honest about what goes on behind the scenes in the Fenntuber circle. I have been thinking about this, and I have mixed feelings on it. On one hand, I don't like to snitch. On the other, I definitely don't like people being taken advantage of. What follows is all true. No names have been included, to protect the innocent. Any inferences you make to any individuals living or dead are not going to be confirmed or denied.

Let me start by saying that I have made money on the chase....sort of. Many of you know that I used to have a website several years ago selling chase-related items. I did sell the items for a profit, for about a year. However, all the profit I made from the website went back into the chase. I spent some of the money on searching for Randy. I spent the rest on Fennboree - more than $6000 for the one year I organized it. I gave away items to every person that attended, and more that couldn't. In reality, I lost a lot of money doing that business, and never actually 'turned a profit'. During my time on YouTube, I shared a lot of my research, and even some of my actual clues, with all of you. I have shared my sources and links, and even some of my information about Forrest. I gave up the map of my search area, even. I have NEVER asked anyone in the community for a donation for my own pocket, and would rather live on the street than take anything from any of you that I did not earn. I have NEVER been paid to do an interview or movie. Those have all been on my dime, including the expense of searching.

Forrest Fenn has run a negative balance since he came up with the idea to do this chase. He hasn't made one red cent.

To some of the Fenntubers, you are not people. You are subscribers and viewers. You are a nameless hash mark, only counted towards the ultimate goal of 1000 (or whatever goal) subscribers , and monetization. When they ask you to donate, it is always 'to help bring you more quality content.' But, what quality content are they bringing you? Some of them just read words from the poem or TTOTC. But, they didn't create that content, Forrest did. They take something that someone else made, recite it, and call it quality content. Then, they stick commercials in it every 3 minutes so they can get a few more dollars out of it. Then, they ask you to donate, and they give you multiple ways to do so. What's worse, is many of them give out WRONG information, both by accident and intentionally. They misquote Forrest, and they claim to know 'facts' that are not facts at all.

Let's Google the word Donate: give (money or goods) for a good cause, for example to a charity.

None of the money you 'donate' goes to any good cause, unless it is specified (like the J Diggins raffle was). It all goes into someone's pocket. Do you know what they do with that money? They buy new cameras to make themselves prettier, and better lighting to hide the wrinkles, and new computers for video streaming and gaming. I would not call any of those good causes. Are you in the habit of giving people your hard-earned money so that they can be buy themselves frivolous things?

Every time someone streams a chase-related event, it is not to 'be nice to the chase community'. It is so that you are forced to see it on their channel, increasing their number of viewers, and the number of commercials they can play, and so they can make more money (off of you).

Not all Fenntubers are like this. Some of them genuinely enjoy doing what they do for you guys. They do their best to bring you good content, and to make a fair and welcoming place for all. They don't ask for your money, donations, information, or clues.

How can you determine who is which? Well, I would say first to start by looking in the comments section of the video you are watching. Are they asking for a donation? Is it the first link under the video? Do they request a superchat donation, just to hear your questions and pretend like you exist for a moment? Do they claim your donation is to 'bring you more quality content'? Do they tell you ANY of their own interpretations of information or clues, or do they only ask for yours?

Some of the Fenntubers have outright harassed Forrest for words and information, just so that their shows can get more views. He had to institute a 'No Youtubers' rule because these people were relentless in their efforts. They want Forrest to be on their show, answer questions, and give tidbits of info. Sometimes, it isn't for money, but because they want to rub it in the face of other YouTubers. There is a lot of manipulation, back-stabbing, and rumor spreading that goes on between the Fenntubers themselves. There are cliques, factions, bullies, and megalomainacs (a person who is obsessed with his or her own power). I have seen at least one budding YouTuber be run off by another, more experienced set.

When you give them money, it is not a donation - it is a handout. If you like giving handouts, then you can continue doing so. If you want to give someone else your information so that they have a better chance to find the chest, please feel free to do so. I am not telling anyone what to do, I am just informing you of what actually goes on, so that you can make your own informed decisions about whom to support.

Don't believe anything you see on YouTube. It is like reality TV. It is scripted for entertainment and monetary value only. Any actual good information that may arise from viewing is purely accidental.

Finally, no one should ever listen to me. I am not an expert in anything, except in where the treasure isn't. I got about 300 places where it isn't.

Don't forget to Subscribe, Like, and Share....and click on the link below to donate.

Sacha

P.S. I did this in Harry's because I know that this is going to piss a lot of people off, but I know it won't get deleted or blocked here. But, let me point out that not one of my former fellow Fenntubers has asked me once how I am doing, messaged me to see if I am ok, or even pretended to care, since I left the community. Except Sean Martinez (and Ally Jeffs too). He is a pretty stand-up guy.

Thanks, Sacha. I agree with everything you said, pretty much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sacha wakes up. - crazyfamily - 10-08-2018

(10-08-2018, 08:21 AM)intheknow Wrote: The point of my post is that many of the YouTubers are only doing shows to extract clues, information, and money out of all of you. Also, there is a lot of backstabbing, undermining, and shade throwing among the YouTube circle.

I've never been okay with this and have called out those guys several times for various things. Forrest seemed to encourage this kind of stuff in the past simply by participating. Honestly, I started to think that making money from nothing was part of the lesson plan...it's The Thrill of the Chase!

American culture is money - plain and simple. What was it Forrest said about being born too late for the internet? Something about making money selling paintings. BTW, great story about Banksy's self destructing artwork. Some think the piece could be worth 50% more after the shredding...now that's what I call performance art!

razyfamily

RE: Sacha wakes up. - fundamental design - 10-08-2018

@intheknow, I’m not sure if your write up makes it clear if you are no longer gonna do any Fenntuber shows, as a host or guest. I saw where you said during your time on YouTube and I wasn’t sure. Not judging either way, just curious where you see yourself going on that path going forward. Thank you!