ChaseChat - Forrest Fenn's Forum
If you find this "X" in your search, ignore it - Printable Version

+- ChaseChat - Forrest Fenn's Forum (http://www.chasechat.com)
+-- Forum: Forum (http://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: New Mexico (http://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: If you find this "X" in your search, ignore it (/showthread.php?tid=1540)

Pages: 1 2

If you find this "X" in your search, ignore it - WhatsinItsPocketses - 09-21-2014

Too tired to haul it back to camp, so I abandoned it across my incorrect blaze. The arms are aluminum bronze embedded in a 10" X 10" block of red cedar.

[Image: r6b78-DSC00145.JPG]

If you find this "X" in your search, ignore it - Project Why - 09-22-2014

Did you leave it next to my footprints. :-)

Camp or motel?

If you find this "X" in your search, ignore it - admin - 09-22-2014

I'm confused. You posted a photo of an X in an obviously non wilderness looking place and you are telling everyone you left it out in the woods somewhere as if it was something Forrest put out there on the correct place and just too heavy for you to bring back? Am I getting that right or no? Not feeling this is on the up and up if that is it. Looks more to me like you work for the NM or Taos office of tourism.

If you find this "X" in your search, ignore it - WhatsinItsPocketses - 09-22-2014

I was confident that I had found the location of TC and made the "X" to mark where it was before I took it. After trudging through considerable undergrowth (Google Maps and reality are different things I found) and weaving through numerous large boulders to get to my blaze, I discovered I was wrong. At this point, I was too hot (80 degrees at the trailhead) and tired, so I left the "X" (right next to Project Why's tracks Smile).kThe point is that the "X" was not and is not the spot.

If you find this "X" in your search, ignore it - deb - 09-22-2014

I found an X too, I didnt leave it. Smile

Maybe he will autograph it for me? LOL

If you find this "X" in your search, ignore it - will197532 - 09-22-2014

That is a cool idea cause I know I would have a ton of X's out in the field by now!

If you find this "X" in your search, ignore it - samsmith - 09-27-2014

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from WhatsinItsPocketses on September 22, 2014, 9:53 am</b>

I was confident that I had found the location of TC and made the "X" to mark where it was before I took it. After trudging through considerable undergrowth (Google Maps and reality are different things I found) and weaving through numerous large boulders to get to my blaze, I discovered I was wrong. At this point, I was too hot (80 degrees at the trailhead) and tired, so I left the "X" (right next to Project Why's tracks Smile).kThe point is that the "X" was not and is not the spot.
</div>

Love those nameses there Pocketses!....Thought that was a given however... Smile

If you find this "X" in your search, ignore it - will197532 - 09-27-2014

Forrest did put a X on the location, page 99 in TTOTC

If you find this "X" in your search, ignore it - Desertphile - 09-27-2014

I don't get it.

If you find this "X" in your search, ignore it - samsmith - 09-28-2014

How's that Will?...

The 3 Distinguished Flying Crosses? The Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry? The drag fins on the 2 bombs(illustration)? Or the cross-hairs of his bombsite?...Seven of them by my count, so what relates to the poem?...How does one choose?...

My choice would be the double X's of the bomb drag fins, though the illustration is by JF and not ff...

I found two in the words of the poem myself, hidden until exposed, and the same words form the double omegas, strange and interesting, what?... Smile