ChaseChat - Forrest Fenn's Forum
Searching in Colorado - Printable Version

+- ChaseChat - Forrest Fenn's Forum (http://www.chasechat.com)
+-- Forum: Forum (http://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Colorado (http://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Searching in Colorado (/showthread.php?tid=662)

Pages: 1 2

Searching in Colorado - HankJonesJr. - 11-26-2013

Hey all! This room has kind of died down, so I thought I'd get it going again. Some time ago, I posted about my Glenwood Springs search. Well, I no longer believe that the chest is there. Here was my solution:

WWWH: Glenwood Hot springs

Take Glenwood Canyon down, not too far, to the Grizzly Creek exit.

(Another HOB would have been the Molly Brown Suite at old Glenwood hotel. The river is

directly below that so you would put raft, or Cayak in there).

From there it's no place for the meek:

You would go to the left (Nigh) and head up Deadhorse canyon.

It's a 2 mile hike, so you would be taking heavy loads up to "water high",

which I believed to be HANGING LAKE! Beautiful, by the way. Well worth the hike.

If' you've been wise and found the blaze: I thought the blaze may have been a flame-

shaped cave that is up there and is in most photos of the lake.

Look quickly down: I thought the chest may have been in the crystal-clear water and you

would have to jump in to get it.

Anyway, as I said, I don't believe it's there any longer. It was a great hike though, and very challenging. If you ever get a chance to go, I highly advise it. Also, head west on I-70 to Rifle and check out Rifle Falls. We found that even more impressive.

So I am working on some new solutions in Colorado. I have a few ideas around Idaho Springs and as far south as the Great Sand Dunes (could Forrest have burried in the sand??). I would like to colaborate with someone here and share some ideas. I have always thought it could be in CO because Forrest never mentions it - at least not that I've seen. If you would like to chat privately about this, email me at Ziggz45@yahoo.com. I am happy to share some info in this forum, but if there are too many hands in the pot, there may not be any gold left!! Good luck hunting all!

Searching in Colorado - Guest - 11-27-2013

Hi Frank Jones. I sent you an email. Hope you received it.

Searching in Colorado - Dr-Mid-Nite - 11-29-2013

Anyone exploring the Black Canyon (and the Painted Wall)?

Searching in Colorado - Guest - 11-29-2013

Not yet.

RE: Searching in Colorado - EndOfOurSearching - 07-20-2016

The San Juans and Southern Colorado are a lovely part of the state; one I've spent many days in. Great fishing, great attractions, and some of the best scenery in the country. I could definitely see Forrest laying down his bones, and his treasure, in this beautiful state.

RE: Searching in Colorado - JuanChristopherSummit - 07-20-2016

I have thought the same thing. The San Juans, especially their blood red sunsets across the valley, always put me at peace. It is certainly a beautiful place, but I don't see what connection Mr. Fenn has there.

Seems like he would want to lay down his bones closer to where he lives. Maybe somewhere he's more familiar with? Somewhere with more personal significance?

RE: Searching in Colorado - EndOfOurSearching - 07-20-2016

It can be difficult to say what is significant to Forrest. For all we know, it could be a favorite fishing hole of his, something that reminds him of his childhood back in Temple, or even a beautiful, grassy clearing spotted from his plane, just like the one he made a promise too back in Laos.

RE: Searching in Colorado - Golddustpeak - 07-20-2016

I still do not understand why everyone chooses Colorado.
I'm NOT seeing it in the poem or TTOTC.
Please help me understand.......

Searching in Colorado - Kpro - 07-20-2016

(07-20-2016, 07:52 PM)Golddustpeak Wrote: I still do not understand why everyone chooses Colorado.
I'm NOT seeing it in the poem or TTOTC.
Please help me understand.......

Agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Searching in Colorado - JuanChristopherSummit - 07-20-2016

(07-20-2016, 07:03 PM)EndOfOurSearching Wrote: It can be difficult to say what is significant to Forrest. For all we know, it could be a favorite fishing hole of his, something that reminds him of his childhood back in Temple, or even a beautiful, grassy clearing spotted from his plane, just like the one he made a promise too back in Laos.

That is true. He has 80 years worth of experiences and only talked about a couple dozen stories in the book. Who knows how much time he could have spent there. The other states in the search area - NM, MT, and WY - are all talked about in the book. Seems like Mr. Fenn might be throwing us off the chase by NOT talking about Colorado.