Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
A google search interesting find
08-11-2017, 11:20 PM,
This was an interesting read. Ive heard only a snippet about this story.

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topi...5MF-bQug-E
08-12-2017, 12:47 AM,
RE: A google search interesting find
If my memory serves me right, this crap resulted in the cost to the US tax payers, about a million, 2 suicides, and comunity services by one, and maybe a 40 thou. fine. They didn't like Fenn cause he stood up for the rights of the American people, and overempowering government. This is my opinion after researching this issue.
08-12-2017, 08:16 AM,
That really sucks. Nobody should be negative about Fenn, he has been nothing short of wonderful for hiding this treasure and giving us all a chance to find it. I guess I just found it interesting that the comments and stories written were done in 2009, well before Fenn ever hid the chest.
08-12-2017, 08:28 AM,
You can find several articles on that topic this one is interesting that in brings in both incidents the one from the 90's and 09. I've done a lot of research on the topic and honestly he would of faced the same indictment as everyone else in the 09 incident if it wasn't for his ace up his sleeve, which was San Lazero pueblo. His ownership of that property allowed him to acquire artifacts in a legal way. The big link here to the chase is the close proximity in time that the chest could of been hidden to the 09 raid. Some would think it's odd to hide that much in value recently after the FBI raided his house looking for items of a similar nature.

down with the evil twin

08-12-2017, 08:55 AM,
(08-12-2017, 08:28 AM)The Count Wrote: You can find several articles on that topic this one is interesting that in brings in both incidents the one from the 90's and 09. I've done a lot of research on the topic and honestly he would of faced the same indictment as everyone else in the 09 incident if it wasn't for his ace up his sleeve, which was San Lazero pueblo. His ownership of that property allowed him to acquire artifacts in a legal way. The big link here to the chase is the close proximity in time that the chest could of been hidden to the 09 raid. Some would think it's odd to hide that much in value recently after the FBI raided his house looking for items of a similar nature.
Yes I find that intriguing also. Do you think Fenn had his treasure in his vault during the raids? And did they search his vault and were any of the items in the chest a point of interest for law enforcement? It does make me wonder.
08-12-2017, 09:05 AM,
(08-12-2017, 08:55 AM)OjoDude Wrote:
(08-12-2017, 08:28 AM)The Count Wrote: You can find several articles on that topic this one is interesting that in brings in both incidents the one from the 90's and 09. I've done a lot of research on the topic and honestly he would of faced the same indictment as everyone else in the 09 incident if it wasn't for his ace up his sleeve, which was San Lazero pueblo. His ownership of that property allowed him to acquire artifacts in a legal way. The big link here to the chase is the close proximity in time that the chest could of been hidden to the 09 raid. Some would think it's odd to hide that much in value recently after the FBI raided his house looking for items of a similar nature.
Yes I find that intriguing also. Do you think Fenn had his treasure in his vault during the raids? And did they search his vault and were any of the items in the chest a point of interest for law enforcement? It does make me wonder.
I found info that pertains to your questions but I feel its best for you to find the info yourself and make a judgment of your own.

down with the evil twin

08-12-2017, 09:58 AM,
IMO f was ahead of his time. He was collecting before it was cool.
If f only cared about money he wouldn't be such a hoarder. What's your take
on all this Mindy?
08-12-2017, 12:43 PM,
Somehow the chest is related to the Government involvement. Much like the story behind Teachers with Ropes and "do not touch." I would imagine that Fenn believes that history should be shared with the people, not locked up. The Government has made plenty of mistakes of their own, ones that are much more dangerous than Indian artifact transactions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
08-12-2017, 10:01 PM,
Yeah, like trying to wipe out the whole Native population so they couldn't make any more of that dam pottery they so try to protect from 'the people'.
08-12-2017, 11:20 PM,
(08-12-2017, 10:01 PM)5GIRLS Wrote: Yeah, like trying to wipe out the whole Native population so they couldn't make any more of that dam pottery they so try to protect from 'the people'.

Bingo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interesting find Jasper 13 2,067 09-19-2017, 10:31 PM
Last Post: jdigginsz
  To find Fenn's Treasure You must find his Totem Canyon First! ItsAllMine 22 5,029 01-04-2017, 06:26 PM
Last Post: imsunbuddynow