Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first (un)solve
09-25-2017, 07:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-25-2017, 08:00 PM by jerryd.)
My first (un)solve
Disclaimer: I have not had a chance to visit this area. I am from Colorado (Denver) originally, but I am stuck in Las Vegas at the moment with no time to travel. Hope this gives some ideas to the rest of you even if it may not be the place to search. Or maybe it is a worthwhile area to look.

I arrived at a starting point in Delta Colorado by taking WWWH as the first clue. The Uncompahgre river ends in Delta where it coverges into the Gunnison River. The word "Uncompahgre" is derived from the Ute indian word, unca-pah-gre, which means hot water spring.

Taking this convergence of rivers down (Hwy 50) west, you will come to a turnoff for Escalante Canyon. Not far but too far to walk.(roughly about 9 miles). This is 650 Road heading south. Running along side of this road is Escalante Creek. The translation of Escalante is, "to climb", so you will be traveling "up your creek". A short distance after you turn onto 650 Road you come to a fork. Left takes you up to the Ute Petroglyphs and straight takes you to the "put in" for the class V upper section of the creek for Whitewater rafting. The Ute Petroglyphs which overlook the creek from above, have several panels of etchings. The put in is also below this area. One visitor noted a tipee and horses which indicated that they were in fact Ute drawings. From the pictures of the site I was able to identify several Indian Braves on horseback. Could this be the home of Brown? A tipee I guess could be considered an indian home. The rocks that house these relics could certainly be the permanent home of the Ute (Brown). They would also be considered a blaze.

A few clues that tie into this area.

If you are Brave and in the wood- the indian brave petroglyphs. A tipee was made of wooden poles.

I give you title to the gold- I borrowed this from someone else but it seems to fit here- I give UTE IDOL to the gold. You might find a Ute Idol amongst these petroglyphs.

There will be no paddle up your creek- Yes because you will be driving on the road and the class V is too dangerous for most of us. But you will certainly be traveling up (Escalante) your creek.

Anyway, just food for thought. Probably way off the mark but it may give someone another viewpoint for their own solve.