Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm bored. I can't watch NFL, and I already have a perfect solve
10-12-2017, 03:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-12-2017, 04:13 PM by crazyfamily.)
(10-12-2017, 12:16 PM)Milan Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 08:36 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: ..I believe this galvanization began with Reagan and the firing of air traffic controllers back in the eighties. Instead of looking for an understanding of what ails us, we just want to blow it off the map. We need to look for the problems and negotiate solutions...

Reagan was a great leader, and got elected in a landslide because he represented the majority of American people who wanted someone to actually do something to fix a bad situation (e.g. give us back the hostages or else, repair our military, etc.).

Same with Trump - half of us voted for him (please spare me the popular vote argument) because at the very least he wants to take real action to solve our common sense problems. In the face of powerful internal enemies (e.g. the media and the Republican swamp) and their silent coup attempts, at least his goals are admirable.

Perhaps you would prefer a leader who out of the gate travels the world apologizing for our colonization-mindset and all the sins of our country for the past 200 years?

>>We need to look for the problems and negotiate solutions...

Like we did with Iran? Like we did with North Korea? Really? I'm still laughing when I recall listening to John Kerry claim the Iran deal was "AN HISTORIC EVENT" - Wow - so out of touch!

You know, Milan, history proves time and again that the majority isn't always right. Like above where you ask, "what if his perception is wrong?" It's always a possibility that one person or another is wrong at any given moment. Hell, maybe millions of 'em are wrong, ALL at the same time. Reagan was surely no Trump, and at least he was a nice guy.

I'm thinking that the Iran Hostage Crisis is not a good example of Reagan's leadership, but you go right ahead. You do remember that people went to prison over that crap, right? That reminds me of a time one of my coworkers tried to explain to me that the only thing that Nixon did wrong was pulling the troops out of Vietnam. I'm still cracking up about that.

razyfamily
10-12-2017, 09:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-12-2017, 09:24 PM by Milan.)
RE: I'm bored. I can't watch NFL, and I already have a perfect solve
(10-12-2017, 03:25 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: ...I'm thinking that the Iran Hostage Crisis is not a good example of Reagan's leadership, but you go right ahead. You do remember that people went to prison over that crap, right?

Mixing up your facts doesn't help your credibility - but I'll let this one slide.

[Edit] Ohhh - you're talking about the hostage exchange from Iran-Contra - ok - nope, I was talking about our hostages when Carter was President.

The only people in prison over the Iran Hostage crisis were the Americans in their own embassy. I'm guessing you're talking about Iran-Contra - no matter - I propose we end this protest discussion - I've grown tired and weak.
10-12-2017, 09:58 PM,
(10-12-2017, 09:21 PM)Milan Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 03:25 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: ...I'm thinking that the Iran Hostage Crisis is not a good example of Reagan's leadership, but you go right ahead. You do remember that people went to prison over that crap, right?

Mixing up your facts doesn't help your credibility - but I'll let this one slide.

[Edit] Ohhh - you're talking about the hostage exchange from Iran-Contra - ok - nope, I was talking about our hostages when Carter was President.

The only people in prison over the Iran Hostage crisis were the Americans in their own embassy. I'm guessing you're talking about Iran-Contra - no matter - I propose we end this protest discussion - I've grown tired and weak.

Ha! You’re right. I get my republican scandals mixed up all the time. That was the one where Reagan operatives were supposed to have negotiated a delay in the release of the hostages.

Oh well, whatever, never mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buying the Perfect Road Trip Vehicle - Chevy Tahoe glock20 2 908 07-25-2016, 09:54 AM
Last Post: glock20
  800,000 on Terrorist Watch lists?! We allow them to be here!?? glock20 0 395 06-23-2016, 03:00 PM
Last Post: glock20
  Watch, read, donate to historic AZ case 23kachinas 7 2,042 02-05-2016, 06:28 PM
Last Post: HIPS