Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bracelet - clue/hint?
02-08-2014, 08:36 AM,
Bracelet - clue/hint?
@chunks, thanks. I responded.
02-08-2014, 08:42 AM,
Bracelet - clue/hint?
@Wolf I always believe that he gave the bracelet to someone long ago and when they passed away he got the bracelet back and in the heat of the passion he put the bracelet in the chest. After thinking about it and the sentimental value of the beacelet that he would like it back.
02-08-2014, 08:50 AM,
Bracelet - clue/hint?
The primary principle to presenting subtle clues is there needs to be a very convincing cover story. Obviously he has done that, now what it the underlying hint? Think Tea with Olga!

The Wolf
02-08-2014, 09:35 AM,
Bracelet - clue/hint?
Tea with Olga has me wondering not about the tea but about adding room in the back also like in TTOTC he shows pictures of adding rooms in the back of there house
02-08-2014, 09:46 AM,
Bracelet - clue/hint?
But what would be a metaphor for room addition
02-08-2014, 09:57 AM,
Bracelet - clue/hint?

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from The Wolf on February 8, 2014, 8:50 am</b>

The primary principle to presenting subtle clues is there needs to be a very convincing cover story. Obviously he has done that, now what it the underlying hint? Think Tea with Olga!

The Wolf
</div>

Tea With Olga got me to Home of Brown, at least how I interpreted it. Reading and re-reading Tea With Olga, one cannot but wonder why Forrest wrote red, green, and black before each tea sitting. I am sure that he does not remember exactly what type of tea they drank on each occasion.

One can interpret these tea colors to Green Lake, Black Lake, and Red River (all in the Enchanted Circle), but I believe that there is a much more subtle underlying hint to this (as with the entire poem). Initially, when I was really green to the chase, I used these as part of my solves. The solution just isn't going to be that easy.
02-08-2014, 10:37 AM,
Bracelet - clue/hint?
chunks - you are exactly correct - it will never be that easy or obvious, but your initial statement is exactly what perplexes me
02-08-2014, 10:56 AM,
Bracelet - clue/hint?
The Wolf,

Glad you are back in the game, but you probably never left. When I was a lurker I really enjoyed reading many of your posts, maybe it's just time to return the favor. Without giving away too much on this forum, the colors black, red, and green are paramount in what I believe Home of Brown to be. I took the canyon down and came to 19 possible directions. One direction has this Home of Brown as the focal point of the area......hope that is not too much or maybe just enough. But then again, what do I know?.....I've been searching 50+ times with nothing but great times to rememberSmile
02-08-2014, 11:22 AM,
Bracelet - clue/hint?
I believe the bracelet theory has much merit. Not necessarily for the exact starting point but for one very similar to it.

I have said this before, but I just believe all these "hints" Forrest is giving out are leading us to answer clues, not as a directive for the final resting place.
02-08-2014, 11:35 AM,
Bracelet - clue/hint?
Chunks,

Thank you for your kind comments, my intention was always to get people more involved and do not be afraid about giving it away. I had left as it was necessary for me to totally clear my mind and start fresh. I don't know if I will ever search again but it is fun to try and figure it out or help someone along the way. I have spent a significant amount of time over the past 6 weeks to find a solution. I actually have 3 or 4, as I think it is important to have options except this time it is all on the same WWWH. I too have the dilemma at the HOB, too many options as I figured FF would certainly provide.

I won't give away too much as I know that many feel that is unfair even though I know it would not be a real issue. Nora's recent comment is a testament to that. I might give my continental divide solution away though just for fun! Those that know me will chuckle at that!

The Wolf

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how much for the bracelet? doodlebug 44 2,128 06-15-2018, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  does mr fenn want his bracelet back? jamesbrohamalambage 29 2,290 12-23-2017, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Shadetree
  HOB is a hint not a clue? monkeyking 6 983 12-17-2017, 06:03 PM
Last Post: timebandit
  The Bracelet tarryscant2017 15 2,841 07-22-2017, 08:41 PM
Last Post: tarryscant2017
  Dragon Coat Bracelet DaisyMae 11 4,882 08-19-2016, 12:50 AM
Last Post: deb
Big Grin bracelet inreturn for ? jamesbrohamalambage 34 14,130 03-07-2016, 12:19 PM
Last Post: onecorgi