Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much longer can this go on????
04-21-2018, 09:29 PM,
Humans are polluting this earth at an alarming rate. From coal burning to fossil fuels like oil and gas polluting the air...to refineries of all sorts. Deforestation (earth's lungs)..to very little clean fresh water left (Flint, acid rain). Our pipes are old and leady, everyone pollutes if they can get away with it from individuals to big corporations..to countries that don't care...to me, every time I start my car up. Animals of all sorts and plant life are dying off becoming extinct....when will our turn be up?

Climate change....we can now grow tropical fruit in Southern Texas and it's creeping up northward every year.

The ocean currents are slowing down....(not good)

Our oceans are filling up with plastic waste blocking the sun's rays from reaching plant life on the ocean's bottom.

At the rate we are going, something has got to give.

I say, live it up while you can...have hope that today will be a good day, and put your faith in God no matter what happens.
04-21-2018, 09:45 PM,
RE: How much longer can this go on????
Faith is a good thing to have.
04-21-2018, 09:57 PM,
(04-21-2018, 09:29 PM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote: I say, live it up while you can...have hope that today will be a good day, and put your faith in God no matter what happens.

Yeah, live it up because doing anything is expensive and requires admitting we f**ked up, and then commitment to doing something about it. In the absence of doing something, you should put your faith in god. That gets you off the hook for doing something.

I'd say we have a few thousand years at the most.

razyfamily
04-21-2018, 10:53 PM,
(04-21-2018, 09:29 PM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote: Humans are polluting this earth at an alarming rate. From coal burning to fossil fuels like oil and gas polluting the air...to refineries of all sorts. Deforestation (earth's lungs)..to very little clean fresh water left (Flint, acid rain). Our pipes are old and leady, everyone pollutes if they can get away with it from individuals to big corporations..to countries that don't care...to me, every time I start my car up. Animals of all sorts and plant life are dying off becoming extinct....when will our turn be up?

Climate change....we can now grow tropical fruit in Southern Texas and it's creeping up northward every year.

The ocean currents are slowing down....(not good)

Our oceans are filling up with plastic waste blocking the sun's rays from reaching plant life on the ocean's bottom.

At the rate we are going, something has got to give.

I say, live it up while you can...have hope that today will be a good day, and put your faith in God no matter what happens.
Good post, GL.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
04-23-2018, 07:11 AM,
(04-21-2018, 09:57 PM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(04-21-2018, 09:29 PM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote: I say, live it up while you can...have hope that today will be a good day, and put your faith in God no matter what happens.

Yeah, live it up because doing anything is expensive and requires admitting we f**ked up, and then commitment to doing something about it. In the absence of doing something, you should put your faith in god. That gets you off the hook for doing something.

I'd say we have a few thousand years at the most.

razyfamily

A few thousand years sounds very optimistic to me.