Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old quote from Forrest
05-12-2018, 10:47 AM,
RE: Old quote from Forrest
(05-12-2018, 08:50 AM)Gravity Wrote: Thanks for the offer John Brown. That's really generous of you. I'll come back at you if i decide otherwise. I would also pay you some money for doing that for me.

I know my logic had some flaws in the first statement, I'm well aware of that, but nonetheless I am seven years behind on finding every hint in the book(s). The poem otherwise is more straightforward Smile

I don't want any money.

What I can tell you about the books The Thrill of the Chase and Too Far To Walk is that those are the only books that he has said contain clues that will help solve the poem. Using interviews, scrapbooks, etc is a little risky in that he has never said that any of that stuff will help.
05-12-2018, 11:16 AM,
I really appreciate your advise John Brown. Thanks for your help!
05-12-2018, 12:00 PM,
(05-12-2018, 11:16 AM)Gravity Wrote: I really appreciate your advise John Brown. Thanks for your help!

No worries.

I should point out that I read that all that stuff too. I'm not saying that it can't be helpful, just that it might/might not be helpful so I discount it a little. For whatever reason he would not say that Once Upon A While (most recent book) would help. He had Douglas Preston do that for him. I have it, but I've only read it a few times. I think he is doing some trolling in that one. In my opinion old interviews like the one you found are less likely to be him trolling us.
05-13-2018, 06:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-13-2018, 06:08 AM by Gravity.)
I can promise you that I had no intentions of hinting to anything with the use of my words, but you made a good example of why we shouldn't use too much of our time trying to interpret F's quotes Smile

At least you had fun!

Edit: The mistakes I made are because of my stupidity and not to entertain you Big Grin
05-15-2018, 02:24 PM,
Has anyone ever asked Mr. Fenn what his definition of 'halt' is? Or has he ever offered it?
05-15-2018, 03:38 PM,
And what did it mean in the illustration or what did the illustration show?
05-16-2018, 02:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-16-2018, 02:10 PM by Siddhartha.)
(05-15-2018, 03:38 PM)Gravity Wrote: And what did it mean in the illustration or what did the illustration show?

It's a secret, but it's on pages 110-111. There's an illustration of school children crossing a road - in a line/single file - holding a rope. The school mum (Schulmama) raising her hand toward a car to 'halt' (TA-AKWAI-I) so the school children could pass safely.
05-16-2018, 05:13 PM,
I know that picture, but I would never use it as part of my WWWH solve. Anyways thanks for replying Siddhartha!
05-16-2018, 05:19 PM,
(05-16-2018, 05:13 PM)Gravity Wrote: I know that picture, but I would never use it as part of my WWWH solve. Anyways thanks for replying Siddhartha!

Agreed.
And you're welcome Gravity. Good luck with the Chase and have fun!
05-16-2018, 07:32 PM,
Good luck to you too =)

I'm going to open a few threads in the next days with ideas of mine, which I did not read here or on the other forums. I am really looking forward to get honest and intelligent opinions of some users in this forum. My sole goal is to solve the poem and not to retrieve the TC, because I don't care about the money. I just can't stand the thought that I'm not able to solve this "riddle". Big Grin

Maybe I can help someone to solve the poem with my ideas. Thats my goal .

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forrest Quote About Search Area windjc 1 1,973 09-05-2016, 10:30 AM
Last Post: abex