Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
This Seasons’s Braggarts
05-16-2018, 11:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-16-2018, 01:31 PM by Bet.)
This Seasons’s Braggarts
The Chase has no shortage of braggarts. They are starting to crash and burn. With the new site and all the cheerleading and zeal....looks like these searchers are falling harder than past newbies. Rah Rah stands out for all of her mocking of other searcher’s ideas. We have listened to her smug arrogance for months....
Looks like she is now running around a sagebrush flat like a chicken with her head cut off.....finding old shoes, maybe they are buster browns, and old cars. At least go somewhere that’s beautiful or where you might at least find an arrowhead or two. Nothing like the school of hard knocks to sober up these searcher’s delusions of grandeur.

Someone posted a recap on another blog. It made me laugh so reposting it here.

“Fenn punted Mike Davis faster than predicted. He just came back empty handed claiming he really wasn't searching (starting to sound like Seannm). Well at least excuses makes him feel better. Maybe someone should tell him Mount Rushmore isn't in the Rockies. That ends all hope for Harry's band of women hating losers. All of them struck out looking at Fenn's change-up!
nmc - out
Seannm - out and never in the ball park
njfl - out
Harry - out
Presby - never really in
Davis - out
Ricky - out
Geydelkon - out to lunch
RahRah - out

And that is the ball game for Harry's hitless homies, Fenn is riding a no hitter into the seventh inning with the Mighty Mindy stepping into the on deck circle, who will win that much anticipated battle? Stay tuned this summer for the eighth inning.”

Adding to the Braggart List.
RT - to busy posting to go out
Iron Will - out for weiner dog therapy
OH - down but not out
05-16-2018, 12:14 PM,
RE: This Seasons’s Braggarts
(05-16-2018, 11:46 AM)Bet Wrote: The Chase has no shortage of braggarts. They are starting to crash and burn. With the new site and all the cheerleading and zeal....looks like these searchers are falling harder than past newbies. Rah Rah stands out for all of her mocking of other searcher’s ideas. We have listened to her smug arrogance for months....
Looks like she is now running around a sagebrush flat like a chicken with her head cut off.....finding old shoes, maybe they are buster browns, and old cars. At least go somewhere that’s beautiful or where you might at least find an arrowhead or two. Nothing like the school of hard knocks to sober up these searcher’s delusions of grandeur.

Someone posted a recap on another blog. It made me laugh so reposting it here.

“Fenn punted Mike Davis faster than predicted. He just came back empty handed claiming he really wasn't searching (starting to sound like Seannm). Well at least excuses makes him feel better. Maybe someone should tell him Mount Rushmore isn't in the Rockies. That ends all hope for Harry's band of women hating losers. All of them struck out looking at Fenn's change-up!
nmc - out
Seannm - out and never in the ball park
njfl - out
Harry - out
Presby - never really in
Davis - out
Ricky - out
Geydelkon - out to lunch
RahRah - out

And that is the ball game for Harry's hitless homies, Fenn is riding a no hitter into the seventh inning with the Mighty Mindy stepping into the on deck circle, who will win that much anticipated battle? Stay tuned this summer for the eighth inning.”

I don't like the anger at Harry's but for the most part I don't short sell anyone there. Presby is very sharp. He cracked one of the hints by what I consider to be "pure thought" which completely blew me away. I cracked it, (IMHO), by finding the place on the map. Presby cracked it by reading and reasoning. I was highly impressed by that.
05-16-2018, 12:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-16-2018, 12:26 PM by Bet.)
I agree they are a smart group, but after all the crap they have posted about women they deserve some shade cast their way. Plus, their heads have gotten so big they are at risk of imploding, or exploding which they just may after reading this, lol
05-16-2018, 12:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-16-2018, 12:27 PM by dude here.)
Have any of them revealed their search areas? That would be useful.

I don't take RahRah's posts as mocking or arrogant. She comes across as someone who is (was) confident in her solve without talking down to others.

The ones that annoy me are those who post in riddles. Like they are Forrest Fenn reincarnated or something. I have enough trouble deciphering what Mr F wrote. I don't need to solve someone else's riddles about riddles.
05-16-2018, 12:44 PM,
"He cracked one of the hints by what I consider to be "pure thought" which completely blew me away. I cracked it, (IMHO), by finding the place on the map. Presby cracked it by reading and reasoning. I was highly impressed by that."

What is the likelihood you crack "it" compared to just thinking you cracked it but actually haven't????

Any proof behind officially saying you've cracked it or just speculation and hope?
05-16-2018, 01:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-16-2018, 01:59 PM by Bet.)
(05-16-2018, 01:14 PM)question Wrote:
(05-16-2018, 01:04 PM)realistrealist Wrote: Absolutely, positively, 1000%!

Jaja

CC is still the best. That newer forum it's like everyone's singing Kumbaya until your ears bleed.

I completely agree. People need to be told how insane some of their ideas are. We had one on here recently who wanted to search a mine and contact members of Fenn’s family. Some serious red flags here. I hope he abandoned these crazy ideas, but people at least told him he was crazy.

(05-16-2018, 12:44 PM)heyoka Wrote: i went botg three times this season each one inching closer and closer to where I started. I got to private land and turned back. i was kinda upset when I got back this last time. being upset did me no good. i think i figured it out but so does everyone else. i still cant say my solve is wrong. i think that is what has been bothering me the most.

i do feel i have figured out

But tarry scant with marvel gaze

which ultimately leads me right straight to something...
maybe i will get lucky and all of this hard work will pay off.

im done bickering i have enough of that in my RL

RT
Iron Will
Oh!

Will add these three. Don’t want to leave anyone out.
those guys are worthy of being added to Harry's list if we are making a list. I wouldn't want those three to feel left out.
05-16-2018, 01:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-16-2018, 10:16 PM by Bet.)
(05-16-2018, 12:41 PM)heyoka Wrote: where are you searching Bet? you have any trips planned for botg? just curious. please dont be offended by my asking that.

I searched once this season with a child that wanted to go. Have searched 8 times, but not actively searching currently. May take a few hikes this summer....I look at it more as vacations and exploring nature. I keep me eyes open so you never know. Last botg I found a man with an axe and 18 stumps, and came home with an awesome arrowhead.

Where are you searching?
05-16-2018, 01:54 PM,
dude_here mentioned those who post in riddles. Last year I almost commented on someone’s comment, Stop trying to sound like Mr. Fenn because (A.) You’re not any good at it, and (B.) The job is already taken. (And if something should change concerning the job opening up, refer back to (A.)
The right blaze..
05-16-2018, 02:00 PM,
(05-16-2018, 01:54 PM)whatiff Wrote: dude_here mentioned those who post in riddles. Last year I almost commented on someone’s comment, Stop trying to sound like Mr. Fenn because (A.) You’re not any good at it, and (B.) The job is already taken. (And if something should change concerning the job opening up, refer back to (A.)

Lol, good advice.
05-16-2018, 02:21 PM,
(05-16-2018, 12:44 PM)filmguy Wrote: "He cracked one of the hints by what I consider to be "pure thought" which completely blew me away. I cracked it, (IMHO), by finding the place on the map. Presby cracked it by reading and reasoning. I was highly impressed by that."

What is the likelihood you crack "it" compared to just thinking you cracked it but actually haven't????

Any proof behind officially saying you've cracked it or just speculation and hope?

Yes. There is rigorous statistical proof. By "proof" I don't mean "certainty". I mean "evidence in support of". I started off treating all 160+ counties equally likely. When I was finished there was one clear winner. I used 3 different methods to rank the counties. The same county came in first every time. Park & Fremont counties in WY run a distant second and third, in that order. There is no confirmation bias. All counties were treated identically. If my starting area is incorrect it is because Forrest employed large scale misdirection which is entirely possible, but I'm guessing he didn't do that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weather/Seasons/Mystical Places/Animals Folklore Mindy 2 460 04-19-2018, 05:54 PM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  Seasons LostFound 16 5,939 10-18-2015, 02:53 PM
Last Post: John Brown