Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Poem Purist Perspective
05-22-2018, 09:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-22-2018, 09:36 AM by realistrealist.)
RE: Poem Purist Perspective
(05-21-2018, 11:46 PM)easternOHsteve Wrote: Yes Beavertooth; my interpretation was to station the TC on the right under the HOB... I think. But also, it refers to a military idea which also gave me the original reason I am searching a particular area (from My War for Me)... It just focused me to a certain area where all the hints just began to fall into place right there... It required I locate a 4WD because I could not walk all the way (the MS really restricts my walking distance in daylight hours)... I can now "drive" to within 1200' flat walk to the spot I wanted to search last fall... For someone that is physically fit, the walk could be made in and back, all in BLM, in about 6-8 hours... The little flat map on your desk does not give justice to your real-world walk in the wilderness (with fallen trees, valleys, mountains, lightning, rain and cold nights, lol)
realistrealist, you do excellent work. This thread should be read thoroughly by everyone; this breakdown does fit the poem (and my search area) very well...Thanks...

Thanks mate, best of luck!

As a side note, I just realized something that makes sense with Junction Butte (or one of the Junction's being where the chest is) forming an "X" mark for the final four clues. The semi-colon acts as a con'junction' in the stanza. (I'm bad at English so I'm a little over 50% sure that's right).
05-22-2018, 10:13 AM,
(05-22-2018, 09:35 AM)realistrealist Wrote: As a side note, I just realized something that makes sense with Junction Butte (or one of the Junction's being where the chest is) forming an "X" mark for the final four clues. The semi-colon acts as a con'junction' in the stanza. (I'm bad at English so I'm a little over 50% sure that's right).

Sorry, but I can't resist:

Anna Sheffer
April 25, 2018 8:13 am

If you’re a, ’80s or ’90s kid, chances are you grew up watching (or maybe even streaming) Schoolhouse Rock. With its cartoon characters and catchy tunes, the series taught many of us the fundamentals of grammar and math in a way we’ll never forget. We learned about a man named Lolly who sells adverbs, listened to the woes of the loneliest bill on Capitol Hill, and of course, discovered the function of a conjunction with the classic “Conjunction Junction.” Even long after we left school, these songs stayed with us, and listening them now takes us right back to that “first day of school” feeling.

But sadly for those who remember the series fondly, today, April 25th, the show’s creator, Bob Dorough, passed away at the age of 94. Although his exact cause of death hasn’t been released, Dorough’s granddaughter, Corin Wolf, told CNN that her grandfather had been diagnosed with cancer.

Apart from his loved ones, the jazz musician is survived by his songs. Schoolhouse Rock originally aired on ABC from 1973 to 1985 and was revived in the ’90s. And many of the program’s songs are still used in classrooms today, meaning that thousands of people have heard Dorough’s compositions. One of the most memorable of the show’s songs is “Conjunction Junction,” which, with its jazzy, syncopated rhythm, is one of the most enduring earworms of all time. And who can forget the classic video, featuring boxcars with conjunctions like “but” and “or” painted on the sides?

Lyrics:

" Conjunction Junction, what's your function?/ Hooking up words and phrases and clauses/ Conjunction Junction, how's that function?/ I've got three favorite cars that get most of my job done/ Conjunction Junction, what's their function?/ I've got and, but, and or/ They'll get you pretty far

And!/ That's an additive, like this and that/ But!/ That's sort of the opposite/ Not this but that/ And then there's Or. O-R/ When you have a choice like this or that/ And, but, and or get you pretty far!

Conjunction Junction, what's your function?/ Hooking up two boxcars and making 'em run right/ Milk and honey, bread and butter, peas and rice/ (Hey that's nice)/ Dirty but happy, digging and scratchin'/ Losing your shoe and a button or two/ He's poor but honest, sad but true/ Boo-hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo!

Conjunction Junction, what's your function?/ Hooking up two cars to one/ When you say something like this choice/ Either now or later/ Or no choice:/ Neither now nor ever/ (Hey that's clever)/ Eat this or that, Grow thin or fat/ Never mind, I wouldn't do that/ I'm fat enough now!

Conjunction Junction, what's your function?/ Hookin' up phrases and clauses that balance, like:/ Out of the frying pan and into the fire/ He cut loose the sandbags/ But the balloon wouldn't go any higher/ Let's go up to the mountains or down to the seas/ You should always say, "Thank you"/ Or at least say "Please!"

Conjunction Junction, what's your function?/ Hookin'-up words and phrases and clauses/ In complex sentences like:/ "In the mornings, when I am usually wide awake, I love to take a walk through the gardens and down by the lake, where I often see a duck and a drake, and I wonder /as I walk by just what they'd say if they could speak, although I know that's an absurd thought."

Conjunction Junction, what's your function?/ Hookin'-up cars and making them function/ Conjunction Junction, how's that function?/ I like tying up words and phrases and clauses

Conjunction Junction, watch that function!/ I'm going to get you there if you're very careful/ Conjunction Junction, what's your function?/ I'm going to get you there if you're very careful"
05-22-2018, 11:43 AM,
(05-22-2018, 11:24 AM)realistrealist Wrote: Also, the blaze stanza is very interesting.

Substitute what you think is meant by found with another definition (construct or base (a principle or other abstract thing) according to a particular principle or grounds.) and you can end up with "If you've been wise and constructed the blaze, look quickly down."
found:
transitive verb
: to melt (a material, such as metal) and pour into a mold
05-22-2018, 11:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-22-2018, 02:34 PM by realistrealist.)
(05-22-2018, 11:43 AM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(05-22-2018, 11:24 AM)realistrealist Wrote: Also, the blaze stanza is very interesting.

Substitute what you think is meant by found with another definition (construct or base (a principle or other abstract thing) according to a particular principle or grounds.) and you can end up with "If you've been wise and constructed the blaze, look quickly down."
found:
transitive verb

Many definitions:

1 : to take the first steps in building
2 : to set or ground on something solid
3: to begin or create
4: bring into being

Synonyms:
begin, organize, raise, form, launch, create, plant, construct, start, settle, erect, initiate, establish, fashion (Fenn the architect?)

It you've drawn the correct conclusion and constructed the blaze, look quickly down.

Believe there'd have to be a physical blaze as well though. Perhaps the first two lines of the blaze stanza refer to cross and second two lines refer to physical blaze.

His answers regarding the blaze correspond to a physical item, and a few seem to be referring to an "X" mark to a degree. His radial response and single item response for instance; "A radial line is a line passing through the center of a circle, cylinder or sphere. The correct "direction" of the radial line is from the radius point to a point on the arc or circle. This applies to its use in surveying."
05-22-2018, 03:16 PM,
(05-22-2018, 11:49 AM)realistrealist Wrote:

found:
transitive verb

Many definitions:

Synonyms:
begin, organize, raise, form, launch, create, plant, construct, start, settle, erect, initiate, establish, fashion (Fenn the architect?)

It you've drawn the correct conclusion and constructed the blaze, look quickly down.

Sorry, I thought you were looking for the correct one. Smile
05-22-2018, 04:38 PM,
(05-22-2018, 03:16 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:

found:
transitive verb

Many definitions:

Synonyms:

You are getting warm; but IMO you must tie it to hoB at the borders... The blaze is just a reference point; you see it as you top the hill. Then look quickly down. The reference of the TC location was given in the earliest hint... f said something about he didn't throw a radial on the blaze or something like that. If you find the 'first' hint, and find wwwh, hoB, etc. then you are on you way to the exact spot... IMO There are still three spots to look for when I get to the area because the first hints all fall under hoB... The most glaring one is at 10,200'. I can't keep my fingers from wickedly working, lol Curiously, another falls at 10,000... BOTG and my stupid cane is the only answer...
Thanks realistrealist for all your hard work and actually assistance to we the crazy chasers...
just saying ss
05-22-2018, 05:20 PM,
(05-22-2018, 04:38 PM)easternOHsteve Wrote:
(05-22-2018, 03:16 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:

found:
transitive verb

Many definitions:

Synonyms:

You are getting warm; but IMO you must tie it to hoB at the borders... The blaze is just a reference point; you see it as you top the hill. Then look quickly down. The reference of the TC location was given in the earliest hint... f said something about he didn't throw a radial on the blaze or something like that. If you find the 'first' hint, and find wwwh, hoB, etc. then you are on you way to the exact spot... IMO There are still three spots to look for when I get to the area because the first hints all fall under hoB... The most glaring one is at 10,200'. I can't keep my fingers from wickedly working, lol Curiously, another falls at 10,000... BOTG and my stupid cane is the only answer...
Thanks realistrealist for all your hard work and actually assistance to we the crazy chasers...

Sounds like you have a unique solve Smile Might want to hold onto it!

If the nouns in stanza 3 are reference points, this is what I come up with and it appears are viewable from Junction Butte.

Blaze - Calcite Springs - "High-grade optical calcite was used in World War II for gun sights, specifically in bomb sights and anti-aircraft weaponry" hint at crosshair you draw and Forrest dropping bombs (there are other interesting items in that chapter, but going in a tangent)

Marvel gaze - Nymph Springs

Look quickly down - Specimen Parking Spot, Ridge

I don't think there's anything hidden here as there can only be 9 clues.
05-22-2018, 08:11 PM,
(05-22-2018, 08:01 PM)realistrealist Wrote: And Icebox Canyon was the canyon down. Cold air descends down.

Done for a few weeks if not more - good luck y'all.

Excellent work! Thanks for sharing. Not my area, but you have put a lot of thought into it. Really good work!
05-26-2018, 06:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-01-2018, 08:48 AM by realistrealist.)
1. WWWH - Warm Creek, Park County
• Park defined as "bring to a halt and leave temporarily"
• Creek synonymous with waters
• “It” is Beartooth Highway

2. Canyon down - Ice Box Canyon (Fenn said to get back inside the box)
• The idea here appears to be down = colder (dense cold air descends)
• Box defined as "put in or provide with a box" - take it in the box

3. Not far, but too far to walk - Pebble Creek (Fenn said he wanted to be a golfer)
• The idea here appears to be the idiom "a stone's throw away"
• Stone's throw away defined as short distance; a relatively short distance. Example: John saw Mary across the street, just a stone's throw away. Philadelphia is just a stone's throw away from Camden, New Jersey.
• Pebble defined as "a small stone made smooth and round by the action of water or sand"

4. Put in below the home of Brown - Lamar Ranger Station
• Station is defined as "put in or assign to a specified place for a particular purpose, especially a military one"
• Ranger is defined as "a mounted soldier"
• Lamar Ranger station is the former home of Gary Brown
• Lamar Ranger station is the first ranger station you'd encounter below the home of Mt. Brown (Montana)

5. From there it's no place for the meek - Tower Junction
• Junction is defined as "a point where two or more things are joined"
• From is defined as "indicating the point in space at which a journey, motion, or action starts"
• Meek is defined as "quiet, gentle, and easily imposed on; submissive"
• Tower is defined as "a place of defense; a protection"
• Tower is no place for the meek

6. The end is ever drawing nigh - Slough Creek
• Ever is defined as "at any time; always"
• Slough is defined as "a situation characterized by lack of progress or activity"
• If you're always ("ever") approaching the end, you're barely making any progress – Zeno paradox

7. There’ll be no paddle up your creek - Rainy Lake
• Up the creek without a paddle means "be in severe difficulty or trouble, especially with no means of extricating oneself from it"
• A rainy day is "a time of need or trouble"
• Lost (Lake/Creek) is defined as "unable to find one's way; not knowing one's whereabouts"
• Believe the correct clue here is referring to Rainy Lake as it leads to Junction Butte

8. Just heavy loads and water high - Buffalo Ford (Skippy’s Ford Model A crashed in stream as a result of a Buffalo)
• Buffalo is defined as "a heavily built wild ox with backswept horns"
• Ford is defined as "a shallow place in a river or stream allowing one to walk or drive across"
• Need waders to fly fish in the waters at Buffalo Ford

9. If you’ve been wise and found the blaze - X marks the spot - likely a large stone/beneath tree in the area - Junction Butte - Specimen Road Pull-off (Fenn said hoB would lead straight to the treasure) – stanza is pointing out all the landmarks you can see from the Butte
• Wise hinting at "drawing" the right conclusions and "drawing" the map
• Found has a few definitions, one of which is "to set up or establish on a firm basis or for enduring existence; to lay the lowest part of (a structure) on a firm base or ground" with synonyms "construct, create, erect, establish, form, initiate, launch, organize, plant, raise, settle"
• The idea here is that you are drawing the blaze from what you've learned
• Chest potentially located between blaze and Specimen pull-off
• Have views of Nymph Spring (marvel gaze), Specimen Ridge (look, “quest to” = cuesta), Frederick Peak (go in peace), Calcite Spring (wise/blaze – metamorphic rock), Specimen Trail Pull-Off (look quickly down)

For anyone that still thinks it's not in Yellowstone, I have to wonder why. It's very likely Stephanie searched Buffalo Ford years ago and walked right by it; just as many others have. Many have searched Pebble Creek, Icebox Canyon, and Slough Creek. It was just never fully put together (it still may not be completely - didn't link the Just/So's into the solve).

https://imgur.com/a/TAwETWl

What are housed in nature museums? https://www.dmns.org/science/integrative...llections/
05-26-2018, 06:48 PM,
(05-26-2018, 06:36 PM)realistrealist Wrote: 1. WWWH - Warm Creek, Park County
• Park defined as "bring to a halt and leave temporarily"
• Creek synonymous with waters
• “It” is Beartooth Highway

2. Canyon down - Ice Box Canyon (Fenn said to get back inside the box)
• The idea here appears to be down = colder (dense cold air descends)
• Box defined as "put in or provide with a box" - take it in the box

3. Not far, but too far to walk - Pebble Creek (Fenn said he wanted to be a golfer)
• The idea here appears to be the idiom "a stone's throw away"
• Stone's throw away defined as short distance; a relatively short distance. Example: John saw Mary across the street, just a stone's throw away. Philadelphia is just a stone's throw away from Camden, New Jersey.
• Pebble defined as "a small stone made smooth and round by the action of water or sand"

4. Put in below the home of Brown - Lamar Ranger Station
• Station is defined as "put in or assign to a specified place for a particular purpose, especially a military one"
• Ranger is defined as "a mounted soldier"
• Lamar Ranger station is the former home of Gary Brown
• Lamar Ranger station is the first ranger station you'd encounter below the home of Mt. Brown (Montana)

5. From there it's no place for the meek - Tower Junction
• Junction is defined as "a point where two or more things are joined"
• From is defined as "indicating the point in space at which a journey, motion, or action starts"
• Meek is defined as "quiet, gentle, and easily imposed on; submissive"
• Tower is defined as "a place of defense; a protection"
• Tower is no place for the meek

6. The end is ever drawing nigh - Slough Creek
• Ever is defined as "at any time; always"
• Slough is defined as "a situation characterized by lack of progress or activity"
• If you're always ("ever") approaching the end, you're barely making any progress – Zeno paradox

7. There’ll be no paddle up your creek - Rainy Lake
• Up the creek without a paddle means "be in severe difficulty or trouble, especially with no means of extricating oneself from it"
• A rainy day is "a time of need or trouble"
• Lost (Lake/Creek) is defined as "unable to find one's way; not knowing one's whereabouts"
• Believe the correct clue here is referring to Rainy Lake as it leads to Junction Butte

8. Just heavy loads and water high - Buffalo Ford (Skippy’s Ford Model A crashed in stream as a result of a Buffalo)
• Buffalo is defined as "a heavily built wild ox with backswept horns"
• Ford is defined as "a shallow place in a river or stream allowing one to walk or drive across"
• Need waders to fly fish in the waters at Buffalo Ford

9. If you’ve been wise and found the blaze - X marks the spot - likely a large stone/beneath tree in the area - Junction Butte - Specimen Road Pull-off (Fenn said hoB would lead straight to the treasure) – stanza is pointing out all the landmarks you can see from the Butte
• Wise hinting at "drawing" the right conclusions and "drawing" the map
• Found has a few definitions, one of which is "to set up or establish on a firm basis or for enduring existence; to lay the lowest part of (a structure) on a firm base or ground" with synonyms "construct, create, erect, establish, form, initiate, launch, organize, plant, raise, settle"
• The idea here is that you are drawing the blaze from what you've learned
• Chest potentially located between blaze and Specimen pull-off
• Have views of Nymph Spring (marvel gaze), Specimen Ridge (look, “quest to” = cuesta), Frederick Peak (go in peace), Calcite Spring (wise/blaze – metamorphic rock), Specimen Trail Pull-Off (look quickly down)

For anyone that still thinks it's not in Yellowstone, I have to wonder why. It's very likely Stephanie searched Buffalo Ford years ago and walked right by it; just as many others have. Many have searched Pebble Creek, Icebox Canyon, and Slough Creek. It was just never fully put together.

https://imgur.com/a/TAwETWl
https://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/F...t/ASDXASDZ

What are housed in nature museums? https://www.dmns.org/science/integrative...llections/

GREAT Work! By far, one of the best solves I've read.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Perspective EnigmaticThree 0 473 07-11-2017, 04:17 PM
Last Post: EnigmaticThree
  Are you a purist, or a hypocrit? Tony 38 19,164 01-09-2016, 05:15 PM
Last Post: Tony