Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Poem Purist Perspective
06-23-2018, 08:06 AM,
RE: Poem Purist Perspective
(06-23-2018, 04:47 AM)easternOHsteve Wrote:
(06-23-2018, 03:47 AM)heyoka Wrote: Could it be possible to find the place you found with only the poem? What year is your map§??

I did find the area with only the poem. But the hints will save many weeks of searching. Well, ms slows me down a bit, lol... The poem is pretty accurate by itself. In my trip anyway. The hints all solidify the area, the route and the exact spot (on paper at least)... I used Google map and GIS maps. USGS is not absolutely necessary since GE has that function built in. I also found he air traffic map (interactive) to be of assistance...
I did not have money to purchase the books at first; but after a month and three weeks of BOTG and driving around and around and attempts at walking 13 miles, I had to find another way in there... I have purchased a high-clearance pickup with 4WD and the map shows the 4WD roadways among other features...
Fire restrictions and cash depletion are in effect right at the moment. I like the 4th weekend and the week after the 4th as possible BOTG again...
My first year anniversity of finding about the chase is June 30th... My first BOTG was the two weeks of July 4th and next week 2017.
I forgot to relate that the GIS map online is 1985 vintage. They were updated in 1987... I looked at the 1850s maps; but they did not help me (much)...

why did you look at 1850s maps? To my knowledge GE does not have USGS built in. You can get USGS overlays but they are not part of google earth.
06-23-2018, 04:16 PM,
When you are creating history it is always Good to become familiar with ALL the possibilities.
ɐʞoʎǝɥ
06-24-2018, 05:07 PM,
GE gives you the elevation in the right bottom. It nearly replaces the USGS. I do have the USGS maps printed as well.
I found the air traffic maps very beneficial with the hints.
just saying ss

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Perspective EnigmaticThree 0 497 07-11-2017, 04:17 PM
Last Post: EnigmaticThree
  Are you a purist, or a hypocrit? Tony 38 19,607 01-09-2016, 05:15 PM
Last Post: Tony