Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That Burnin' Ring
06-07-2018, 06:56 PM,
RE: That Burnin' Ring
(05-30-2018, 05:46 PM)DeeepThnkr Wrote: Ok, here's my read on a few of these: he uses "out OF the window" most of the time but in the one you listed John he drops the "of". Read up on the proper use of OF in relation to Out of the window vs out the window. As you do think about being in the wood. One can look out a window but you can't look out OF a window unless you are IN the glass. The idea of a doorway and a window frame being a HOLE. Romberg's song isn't quoted correctly in book. Where halt is should be stall(f mentions his father rebuilding their house and barn and stalls) and where mar is should be halt. Mar is to mark, but based on what I have found within poem/book and a map the hint is Bolder and Bolder(boulder and boulder) and tells you how he hid the TC. There is an anagram that tells you to meld Romberg song with Fechin but not in those exact words, it uses Brawl song and Fechin plus some other key words. There is a video is connected to Fechin about a man building a stone fence.... The Gypsy fire gives you the Phoenix. It gives you the weak Barn. It may give you the win. His jet wasn't charging the sky and lightning charges the sky so conclusion is lightning isn't heavy loads from poem even though poem suggests as much with Ben F in next line. Heavy loads is weight, wait/linger. Water high is bank/shore. Line 1 a loan in there is a bank/shore. Line 1 Heaven is a shore....

Excellent catch on Stout Hearted Men. Do you have an unambiguous reference for it? This site has both versions both in the written lyrics (typed vs old music book) and in the videos.

https://shepaintsred.com/my-fathers-musi...d-romberg/

I would have said lightning discharges the sky although that isn't entirely clear to me. The good news is that Forrest doesn't know any more about lightning physics than I do.

Your comment about "wisely" is an excellent point.
06-10-2018, 02:17 AM,
Yes on Romberg hint. It draws you back to poem. I don't trip over where to go, though I have a couple times, I am directed there. It seriously is a pictogram puzzle but with ideas instead of pictures at the end. It uses pics at first but that in itself is a hint to the Idea pictogram/metaphor solve. Imo. Not ambiguous how I got there. Ambiguous in how to use it if I assume that my last "place" was right and it's hidden in a rock arch, rock fence, etc. But those exist everywhere. I really really try hard to stay away from mapping this early in. I know we are looking for a place
but I believe the solve will tell me where to go that is tiny and may need only the last clue on-site.
06-10-2018, 05:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-10-2018, 06:25 PM by realistrealist.)
https://genius.com/Jim-diamond-hi-ho-silver-lyrics

Silver was Fenn's "Shetland pony"
The writer of Hi Ho Silver is Scottish. The song is written about his father who was a firefighter and "rescued" him on multiple occasions. The Lone Ranger/firefighter is riding down.
06-10-2018, 06:04 PM,
New poster but been around for a while. Please be kind. The ding dongs over at hoD seem to think they know it all but can’t seem to find a viable WWWH. Lol.

I honestly think that fire,or ring of fire or flame, Blaze, Burning Ring, all has a universal link. I even think that it is part of the Blaze the final resting place. Mr Fenn has bee very deliberate in making sure we see this even from the very beginning. In many images we see.
06-10-2018, 08:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-10-2018, 08:06 PM by John Brown.)
(06-10-2018, 06:04 PM)Kettle Corn Wrote: New poster but been around for a while. Please be kind. The ding dongs over at hoD seem to think they know it all but can’t seem to find a viable WWWH. Lol.

I honestly think that fire,or ring of fire or flame, Blaze, Burning Ring, all has a universal link. I even think that it is part of the Blaze the final resting place. Mr Fenn has bee very deliberate in making sure we see this even from the very beginning. In many images we see.

To my knowledge, the only blaze in the book is on Lightning's face. There are four gratuitous pictures of Lightning and rods. I think the blaze is a very very large forest fire scar that began when lightning struck a tree.
06-11-2018, 12:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-11-2018, 12:55 AM by realistrealist.)
(06-10-2018, 08:06 PM)John Brown Wrote:
(06-10-2018, 06:04 PM)Kettle Corn Wrote: New poster but been around for a while. Please be kind. The ding dongs over at hoD seem to think they know it all but can’t seem to find a viable WWWH. Lol.

To my knowledge, the only blaze in the book is on Lightning's face. There are four gratuitous pictures of Lightning and rods. I think the blaze is a very very large forest fire scar that began when lightning struck a tree.

Here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gut_(coastal_geography)

When he wrote of Skippy killing the flies he mentions the positive to negative energy at the end. He says he has a gut feeling it'll be found this summer and he could go straight to it.

Idea may be a small inlet/hole along a creek that water flows into and out of. During late summer perhaps dry and wet during spring yoyoing. Or maybe he was just saying it's by a small creek.

WRT to the fire: https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/nature/1988firefaqs.htm

In 1988, he was: diagnosed with terminal kidney cancer, sold off his gallery, acquired chest to start filling it up, fires of YNP, and I could swear I read he lost track of some spot, but I can't seem to find what I remember.
06-11-2018, 08:58 AM,
(06-11-2018, 12:15 AM)realistrealist Wrote:
(06-10-2018, 08:06 PM)John Brown Wrote:

Here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gut_(coastal_geography)

When he wrote of Skippy killing the flies he mentions the positive to negative energy at the end. He says he has a gut feeling it'll be found this summer and he could go straight to it.

Idea may be a small inlet/hole along a creek that water flows into and out of. During late summer perhaps dry and wet during spring yoyoing. Or maybe he was just saying it's by a small creek.

WRT to the fire: https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/nature/1988firefaqs.htm

In 1988, he was: diagnosed with terminal kidney cancer, sold off his gallery, acquired chest to start filling it up, fires of YNP, and I could swear I read he lost track of some spot, but I can't seem to find what I remember.

One of the meanings of "quick" as a noun is living, or life. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/quick
That is important among the many meanings of quick are "living" which is the opposite of burnt up, and "fiery, glowing". https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/quick
So if you think the blaze is a forest fire scar then you're stuck. Are you being directed to the living part or the dead part? However, "gut" is also a synonym for the living definition of "quick" which suggests that one is to use the "living" meaning rather than the "fiery" meaning.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lumbers and numbers, a man shall ring a bell to raise the DeeepThnkr 0 206 07-14-2018, 11:37 AM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  Forrest told a story about finding a diamond ring. mikemarcum878 0 269 06-24-2018, 01:04 PM
Last Post: mikemarcum878
  Forrest told a story about finding a diamond ring. mikemarcum878 0 183 06-24-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: mikemarcum878
  Ring my bell Woody Bogg 25 8,655 01-02-2017, 04:11 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Op: Golden Ring Silentfly 8 4,336 07-17-2016, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Silentfly