Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Richard Eeds, The Voice of Santa Fe
06-13-2018, 05:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-13-2018, 05:58 AM by heyoka.)
Richard Eeds, The Voice of Santa Fe
So, I was going back over some old material when I found this.

9/14/2015 2nd Appearance

This interview reveals a lot more than I realized initially. At about 21 minutes after 10 o'clock here...
Forrest Fenn: author, gallery owner, fighter pilot, treasure burier, polem rider...
f says, "Oh no, I never said I buried the treasure. I said that I hid it."
eeds: oh good point that's right could be in a cave
f interrupts, "That doesn't mean it isn't buried, I just didn't want to give that as a clue."

Give what as a clue exactly? It being in a cave?

f: "It's not enough that you're pretty good, you have to be lucky."
eeds: "You have to be lucky."
f: "That's what's most important."

Why aren't we already discussing this?

"That's right, just need to find the right person."
My right is his left, talking in person.

"And it was from that archival material that I've been able to write these books."
Too bad we can't clear this up. These books, he's talking about the Taos artists, but which books in particular??

The most overlooked statement ever made by Forrest Fenn:

Eeds: "How long did you have that gallery?"

listen gooder than usual to this
Fenn: "Seventeen years, I started it in 1972 and I sold it in 1988. I'm not very good with geography, how many years is that?"(laughter)"

f mentions later, "I had a rule:.."
Why, How, What particular area of geography helps someone continue to remember something they feel strong enough about to consider it a rule? And why aren't ANY of these numbers correct? I bet his rule is a good one to live by...

"The mind that becomes soiled in youth can never again be washed clean. I know this by my own experience, and to this day I cherish an unappeased bitterness against the unfaithful guardians of my young life, who not only permitted but compelled me to read an unexpurgated Bible through before I was 15 years old. None can do that and ever draw a clean sweet breath again on this side of the grave." -- Mark Twain
ɐʞoʎǝɥ
06-13-2018, 12:59 PM,
RE: Richard Eeds, The Voice of Santa Fe
Something to live by.? Wanna elaborate your conclusion.
06-13-2018, 01:11 PM,
I didn't get much out of it. No locations or anything like that.
06-13-2018, 01:41 PM,
Unless a “rule” is considered a cave. Or a definition of rule is a cave a outcropping or something similar you lost me? Heyoka your kinda out there. Wanna give us an explanation. I wanna buy what your selling.
06-13-2018, 03:26 PM,
He said 17 then gave a difference of 16 but meant 15. I guess I should have transcribed the entire conversation. What difference does it make how much effort you invest if luck is the most important? Arithmetic confused with Geography??? He did say, "But a comprehensive knowledge of geography might help." If basic math skills are what he considers geography then no wonder we have overcomplicated the equation all this time. If you are looking for a location in other peoples posts then Google Casa Moreno, NM; Stomach and Kidney Trouble Spring in Valle Caldera; or my personal favorites Leaf Water, Riana, Palisade Ruins. I would never share the actual location of the True Tsiping Site due to the sensitivity of the atmosphere and importance to the Tanoan and Keresan cultures.

I enjoy locating sites that Bandelier, Wheeler, Douglas, Nelson, and Lee admit to not being successful at locating. I'm going to eventually acquire enough archival material of my own relating to C.F. Lummis, Fray Angelico Chavez, and the pueblos prior to the discovery of Sandia and Chaco Canyon. After all, San Lazaro and that one site are the only sites not excavated or even mentioned since 2009-2010ish. Who, if following the patriarchy tradition of the settlers involved, would f pass certain significant possessions? Especially if the immediate family has little to no interest in grampas collection of stuff they see everyday?
ɐʞoʎǝɥ
06-13-2018, 04:13 PM,
I assume from this post you live In the southern region of the US. So can you say where your search or solve areas are? I’m curious.
06-13-2018, 04:40 PM,
US 666, 85, 466
ɐʞoʎǝɥ
06-13-2018, 05:32 PM,
Arroyo Seco what a blow out wow
06-14-2018, 12:32 AM,
You researched the call letters of the radio station?
ɐʞoʎǝɥ
06-14-2018, 01:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-14-2018, 01:48 AM by heyoka.)
Yes I see that the location is a much more significant place than the treasure alone. I'm suggesting equivalent or grander than Chaco. The location is no longer what it was and those people are long gone as of 2012. But also the weight of those what? If you see something I don't then we both applied ourselves either way. Are you willing to accept the fact that call letters for a radio station are subjective and meaningless when applied using my method? Are you willing to share your thoughts ?

Gawdy Bewts
ɐʞoʎǝɥ

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Richard Saunier Beavertooth 8 1,520 04-25-2018, 09:42 AM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Richard Eeds Radio/Moby Dickens/West YS Stories knighterrant 12 5,667 09-16-2016, 08:29 AM
Last Post: azuredeb
  Richard Saunier James Perotti 5 2,316 08-03-2016, 08:49 PM
Last Post: sandra-in-missouri
  Another tidbit...Richard Wetherell? romeofoxtrot 11 5,970 06-03-2016, 02:29 PM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  Santa Iron , Santa Fe..nn Hammertime 0 1,098 04-12-2016, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Hammertime
  The Thrill of the Voice Larsonist 31 14,512 12-12-2015, 12:18 AM
Last Post: superfly