Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
“My God!”
07-08-2018, 01:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-08-2018, 01:28 AM by DeeepThnkr.)
RE: “My God!”
Poem: the word "that" is used to point to a specific "I". That I. This I or That I? This vs that: "this" refs close, "that" refs further away than "this". So which I is the furthest from the I in line 17? Line one I? I'd say look to poem: As I have gone... Well, it can't be line one I cause it's already gone, unless it is hinting at a reorder. Or its not an "I" in the poem or even an "I" at all. It may be an EYE. Which eye? Well I'm done repeating myself. Pick the right eye and you may be left with an answer. Is there a link to the My God statement or more importantly a date? The only god he mentions by name is Thor. Old Nordic word meanings, Thursday, the ore(there=the air/err), etc....

Though line 17/18 is also saying this "so why is it that I must ABANDON my trove?" Abandoned property laws. This will be one of the clues that narrow down the search area. Why is it a clue must narrow down? The end is EVER drawing nigh= a spiral/narrowing down. 9 steps and each one gets you closer and closer till your close enough. Makes sense to me? Ewe?

So if he really did consult a lawyer(he did at least 3 times and if you Hear anything, here that) and the answers he or we all ready now, then what is it that he did tired? Consulted a lawyer, paid a lawyer, where out his rubber tires? Doesn't make sense with the "now I'm week"Smile Unless what he/we did was read all the answers and now Eye am weak. Reading is hard on the eyes. Weight is that eyes or eye? In a magnifying glass we use one eye. Let's jump back to top of stanza: So why is it THAT eye must go.... If this confuses you, you may be right.
07-08-2018, 05:26 AM,
(07-07-2018, 07:33 PM)Mindy Wrote: From CA Sunday article:

“Well, you don’t know where it is,” he said, grinning. “When somebody finds that treasure chest, everybody’s going to say, ‘My God! Why didn’t I think of that?’”

“My God.”

Who or what is F’s God/god?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With respect to The Chase, I don't believe it's important to know who or what represents Forrest's god. As others have mentioned, the comment in TTOTC, "My church is in the mountains...", is important, IMO. We are curious by nature of course, but I don't believe delving further into F's religious or spiritual tendency provides a searcher any advantage in solving the poem.

IMO, when we say things like "heaven forbid," "my God," or "God bless," it is an indicator of a faith-based belief system (versus evidence-based - I realize this is a contentious issue). I didn't annotate it, but I seem to recall F making a comment in a video, I believe, and it was something like, "I don't know what my god looks like." This would have been a number of years back, and I'm paraphrasing from a questionable memory. My non-judgemental point is he seems to believe in a deity, though he doesn't seem to consider himself religious - at least from the perspective of any organized religion.

IMO, MikeMarcum is on the right track regarding F's comment. Once the solution becomes fully formed in the searcher's mind and s/he proves it is indeed the correct solve, retrospectively it may appear to be quite simple. Simple, yet very creative, IMO.

OO
07-08-2018, 06:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-08-2018, 06:08 AM by mikemarcum878.)
(07-08-2018, 05:26 AM)OmeOmy Wrote:

“Well, you don’t know where it is,” he said, grinning. “When somebody finds that treasure chest, everybody’s going to say, ‘My God! Why didn’t I think of that?’”

“My God.”

With respect to The Chase, I don't believe it's important to know who or what represents Forrest's god. As others have mentioned, the comment in TTOTC, "My church is in the mountains...", is important, IMO. We are curious by nature of course, but I don't believe delving further into F's religious or spiritual tendency provides a searcher any advantage in solving the poem.

IMO, when we say things like "heaven forbid," "my God," or "God bless," it is an indicator of a faith-based belief system (versus evidence-based - I realize this is a contentious issue). I didn't annotate it, but I seem to recall F making a comment in a video, I believe, and it was something like, "I don't know what my god looks like." This would have been a number of years back, and I'm paraphrasing from a questionable memory. My non-judgemental point is he seems to believe in a deity, though he doesn't seem to consider himself religious - at least from the perspective of any organized religion.

IMO, MikeMarcum is on the right track regarding F's comment. Once the solution becomes fully formed in the searcher's mind and s/he proves it is indeed the correct solve, retrospectively it may appear to be quite simple. Simple, yet very creative, IMO.

OO
Simple is just as hard to create as something that is hard to create.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

“My God.”

Could this mean ff didn't think of every thing.

07-08-2018, 07:48 AM,
“My God!”
(07-08-2018, 01:11 AM)DeeepThnkr Wrote: Poem: the word "that" is used to point to a specific "I". That I. This I or That I? This vs that: "this" refs close, "that" refs further away than "this". So which I is the furthest from the I in line 17? Line one I? I'd say look to poem: As I have gone... Well, it can't be line one I cause it's already gone, unless it is hinting at a reorder. Or its not an "I" in the poem or even an "I" at all. It may be an EYE. Which eye? Well I'm done repeating myself. Pick the right eye and you may be left with an answer. Is there a link to the My God statement or more importantly a date? The only god he mentions by name is Thor. Old Nordic word meanings, Thursday, the ore(there=the air/err), etc....

Though line 17/18 is also saying this "so why is it that I must ABANDON my trove?" Abandoned property laws. This will be one of the clues that narrow down the search area. Why is it a clue must narrow down? The end is EVER drawing nigh= a spiral/narrowing down. 9 steps and each one gets you closer and closer till your close enough. Makes sense to me? Ewe?

So if he really did consult a lawyer(he did at least 3 times and if you Hear anything, here that) and the answers he or we all ready now, then what is it that he did tired? Consulted a lawyer, paid a lawyer, where out his rubber tires? Doesn't make sense with the "now I'm week"Smile Unless what he/we did was read all the answers and now Eye am weak. Reading is hard on the eyes. Weight is that eyes or eye? In a magnifying glass we use one eye. Let's jump back to top of stanza: So why is it THAT eye must go.... If this confuses you, you may be right.

@deeep, you mentioned Thor as the Norse god.

It’s also interesting to note the two Scandinavian named alligators he used to own.

Elvis and Beowulf.

Elvis is a Scandinavian name that means “all wise.”

Beowulf means “bee wolf,” which is a kenning for “bear.”

Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
07-08-2018, 11:36 AM,
After reading about your kenning idea I thought I had studied all the Nordic kennings, I like the bear, alot. The author of Beowulf is unknown, he is anonymous.
07-08-2018, 11:51 AM,
“My God!”
(07-08-2018, 11:36 AM)DeeepThnkr Wrote: After reading about your kenning idea I thought I had studied all the Nordic kennings, I like the bear, alot. The author of Beowulf is unknown, he is anonymous.

There is sooooo much about Beowulf that is, IMO, important to solving the poem.

So many words F uses has Old Norse origins. Words most people wouldn’t look twice at, like Elvis. People assume he named the alligator after the King of Rock and Roll (rolling rocks—another interesting concept) and maybe he did, but the name meaning just happens to be too words found in the poem:

Elvis = All-wise

From kennings to ceasuras, there are many things to learn from Beowulf.

Mindy's blogs:

07-08-2018, 01:08 PM,
(07-08-2018, 11:51 AM)Mindy Wrote: From kennings to ceasuras, there are many things to learn from Beowulf.

Or Eddie and the Cruisers.

Smile
07-08-2018, 01:15 PM,
(07-08-2018, 11:51 AM)Mindy Wrote:
(07-08-2018, 11:36 AM)DeeepThnkr Wrote: After reading about your kenning idea I thought I had studied all the Nordic kennings, I like the bear, alot. The author of Beowulf is unknown, he is anonymous.

There is sooooo much about Beowulf that is, IMO, important to solving the poem.

So many words F uses has Old Norse origins. Words most people wouldn’t look twice at, like Elvis. People assume he named the alligator after the King of Rock and Roll (rolling rocks—another interesting concept) and maybe he did, but the name meaning just happens to be too words found in the poem:

Elvis = All-wise

From kennings to ceasuras, there are many things to learn from Beowulf.

Wise could be just where you are standing at now you can find the blaze.

07-08-2018, 01:27 PM,
Elvis is at the end. He's sitting at Marvins feet.
"My God" is his father. And he isn't easy to find. Do you have an email that you share Mindy or do you just prefer PM's?
07-08-2018, 03:32 PM,
“My God!”
(07-08-2018, 01:27 PM)Copper Wrote: Elvis is at the end. He's sitting at Marvins feet.
"My God" is his father. And he isn't easy to find. Do you have an email that you share Mindy or do you just prefer PM's?

Copper, you can email me at mindyfausey@yahoo.com

Mindy's blogs: