Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People like Sacha Johnston
07-19-2018, 02:00 PM,
People like Sacha Johnston
Here's an article about Sacha Johnston:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/...re-rockies

She has been on over 125 trips.
Wait, what! 125!
Oh, right because she lives in the search area.

I bring this up because I truely believe this chase was designed to be a local one.
Not someone from out of the country.
Not someone from New York or any other state outside of the Rockies.

Here's an example of someone, who lives in the search area, has done over 100 trips and come up empty. We know several people in the same position, all empty.
What shot does someone from Rhode Island have when they can only make one or two trips?
07-19-2018, 02:30 PM,
RE: People like Sacha Johnston
We don't know what shot a person from Rhode Island has because we don't know what the heck the poem is getting at.

If it is straight forward directions (start at wwwh and drive down a canyon etc), then the locals have a big advantage. If there is some local lore or secrets in the poem, then they again have an advantage. But if it is a tricky riddle or other device to unlock, then anyone anywhere should have an equal shot.
07-19-2018, 03:22 PM,
I believe the person who is able to get the lines to cross will be someone from outside the area; someone with limited knowledge of the Rocky Mountains who will not have a bias toward any particular spot.

The important trait of this person will be the ability to objectively review his/her data and accept or dismiss their potential solution based on merit of the solution.

Ego has not place in this game.
07-19-2018, 03:26 PM,
I haven’t looked at a map in months, except to Google Earth my search area
07-19-2018, 05:10 PM,
Filmggguy, I think anyone, anywhere in the world has a chance to solve the riddle, and go, with confidence to get it. I really don't believe it takes 125 botg, nor 1255, nor 1233255, to find it. If only takes one clue, the most important clue to find it. The last one.
07-19-2018, 05:48 PM,
And that’s why Forrest has made this a World hunt.
07-19-2018, 06:51 PM,
I heard there's a guy in Ohio with some original ideas, and might be getting the upper hand. Ohio ain't 2 close to the Rockies.

"When the velocity of progress increases beyond a certain point, it becomes indistinguishable from crisis." --Owen Barfield

"Will work for smoothies." --NC
07-19-2018, 07:09 PM,
I hope he finds it soon.
07-19-2018, 07:48 PM,
lol, @NC but it's not impossible by any stretch.
just saying ss
07-19-2018, 09:16 PM,
(07-19-2018, 05:48 PM)Riddlemethat Wrote: And that’s why Forrest has made this a World hunt.

In a way this is incorrect.
When the book first released it was only sold in one location, no? Did anyone heard about this before Fenn got on Good Morning America? (Answer: Very, very few).
What does the book say? In the mountains north of Santa Fe (NM).
So Forrest has made this a New Mexico hunt.

Only after he got on TV, only after the popularity grew that he said its in the Rockies, that he made this a world hunt.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If True, Sacha's Latest Quotes Change the Game... minotaur_moreno 37 1,847 1 hour ago
Last Post: trigace
  Sacha wakes up. crazyfamily 26 2,124 10-11-2018, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth