Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheat Sheet
06-22-2013, 10:54 AM,
Cheat Sheet
Edit 12/22/13: I’ve changed some things around and added some. Some folks wanted the sources; while I have all the sources I’m a little reluctant to list them because these are just a few of the things Fenn has said that I thought would be helpful to a beginner. There is so much more information that can be learned from researching Fenn and watching the videos. Each searcher has to decide what is important and what is not. I’ve been very careful about what I put on the list; if someone can find something that is incorrect I certainly want to know, and will be more than happy to discuss it.

If you think I should add something to the list let me know....Thanks

<b>What we are taking as fact:</b>

♦Located above 5,000 ft. (Clue #10)

♦No need to dig up the old outhouses, the treasure is not associated with any structure. (Clue #11)

♦The treasure is not in a graveyard (Clue #12)

♦The treasure is not hidden in Idaho or Utah (Clue #13)

♦At least 8.25 miles North of Santa Fe

♦Chest and contents weigh 42lbs. (Fenn said 44lbs. in one email, but has said 42 several other times)

♦Chest is 10x10x5 (he also said 10x10x6) inches and made of Bronze

♦Located in Rocky Mountains north of Santa Fe, NM: Map in "Too Far To Walk"

<b>Fenn has said:</b>

♦There are nine clues in the poem.

♦Start at beginning

♦Don’t go where an eighty year old man couldn’t go

♦Q: Will the poem lead you to the treasure? <i>"Yes if you know where to start."</i>

♦Clues in consecutive order

♦Don’t mess with the poem

♦<i>“Some folks correctly mentioned the first two clues to me in an email and then they went right past the other seven, not knowing that they had been so close”.</i>

♦People have been within 500’ of the treasure

♦He never said it was buried (he never said it wasn’t)

♦<i>"The person who finds the treasure will have studied the poem over and over, and thought, and analyzed and moved with confidence. Nothing about it will be accidental".</i>

♦<i>"I said on the Today show that the treasure is not associated with any structure. Some people say I have a desire to mislead. That is not true. There are no notes to be found or safety deposit boxes to be searched. The clues can lead you to the treasure, and it will be there waiting when you arrive."</i>

♦Q: Are there clues in the book? <i>"Yes, because the poem is in the book."</i>

♦Q: Are there subtle hints in the book? <i>"Yes, if you can recognize them."</i>

♦ <i>"All of the information you need to find the treasure is in the poem. The chapters in my book have very subtle hints but are not deliberately placed to aid the seeker. Good luck in the search."</i>
06-22-2013, 11:33 AM,
Cheat Sheet
I'm going to add things here that might not meet the strict Goofy criteria ;-) (saying that respectfully)

The chest is “exposed” to rain and snow, and could be scorched in a forest fire. (This was reported by Tony from Newsweek and I believe he has given some wrong information. This I believe I've heard before though, so I wanted to add it).
06-22-2013, 12:02 PM,
Cheat Sheet
Edit 12/23/13:

Sorry to be so persnickety Steph……Can anyone tell me where he said we didn’t need any tools to find the chest?………I’ve always thought that was important but couldn’t find out where it came from. The tools quote is from Stephan “The Pants-less Pirate” on Dals blog…….is that the only source of information on needing tools?

Stephan The Pants-less Pirate

http://dalneitzel.com/2012/04/05/stephan...the-blaze/

<i>Just so all you seekers know, me and the lads did not dig beneath that thar tree of ours. A mysterious fellow named “f” once sent us a curious poem, part of which said somethin’ like: “…while fools argue about the quest, he won’t even need a tool, as he carries out the chest.”</i>
06-22-2013, 12:03 PM,
Cheat Sheet
Well done Goofy - I have noticed your posts in the past and this is a good way to have one stop shopping with an updated list.

Shaun's site also has a similar list and thus this page with both references should just about cover the facts: http://www.creationeer.co.uk/forrestfennfacts.html
06-22-2013, 12:46 PM,
Cheat Sheet
Thanks Wolf…….I hadn’t seen Shaun’s site before, I enjoyed reading about the stuff he has done. I’m amazed at how many really smart and imaginative folks are looking for the treasure. It has been very interesting talking to some of them.

Then again Fenn did say he figured the guy that would find the treasure would be a redneck from Texas with 12 kids that just lost his job and threw his bedroll in the back of the truck to go searching (it seems the guy gets more kids every time Fenn talks about that). 8O
06-22-2013, 01:27 PM,
Cheat Sheet
I moved it here and it's the only topic that can be put here. I just wanted to have one for sure list that people can trust. I know other people have lists, but I'm not sure how verified they are. People can post under it. I just added your name to moderator as I didn't know if you were able to edit or not. Now you can also help moderate LOL...just if someone spams the place or something if you feel like it. I haven't had to do much.
06-22-2013, 02:34 PM,
Cheat Sheet
Oh wonderful! Thank you GOG!! I love facts and this list is really nice!
06-22-2013, 07:49 PM,
Cheat Sheet
STEPHANIE AND DAL WENT TO MY HOME OF BROWN AND NO PL ACE FOR THE MEEK THAT HAD A MARVELOUS GAZE TARRIED SCANTLY AND NO CHEST!! AM RETURNING AFTER STUDYING POEM AGAIN AND READY TO RESUME SEARCH!!!! STILL ON THE CHASE WITH MOM AND SON.......DAL,, WILL NOT LEAVE ANY STONE UNTURNED UNTIL TROVE IS IN OUR POSSESSION!!! JEN AND STEPH IT IS A HARD RIDDLE TO CRACK ANY SUGGESTIONS? JUDY MS GIRL SEE YOU IN THE FUNNY PAPERS
06-23-2013, 07:54 AM,
Cheat Sheet
If I had suggestions, I'd be out West looking under all those bushes and rocks lol. I'm at home researching and saving my pennies. Have fun today Judy. Love your updates.
06-23-2013, 08:17 AM,
Cheat Sheet
I wish I had some for you!! Can't wait to hear your story!!