Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheat Sheet
06-24-2013, 10:28 PM,
Cheat Sheet

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Boo on June 24, 2013, 10:32 pm</b>

Since we're on the subject, can someone clear up the quote attributed to Forrest Fenn about a child being able walk up to the treasure? How about the statement that it is not in a dangerous place? I'd like to know if these are actual statements by Fenn, and can anyone give the exact quotes? It means a lot to me in how and where I look. I've found some really good spots, but I keep telling myself either a child couldn't get there, or it is too dangerous to get there. Thanks, Boo.

Hi Boo,

Here's one with the link to Dal's site:

"Hi Mr. Fenn,

I wonder if you could tell me if it’s at a place that my boys and I would be able to go to that’s not too risky of a place (ie: the side of a cliff). I haven’t even read your book yet. I’m already planning a trip though to Yellowstone with my family."

<b>"Patty, the treasure is where an elderly man put it so I suppose your kids would be in a safe place if they found it. f"</b>

06-24-2013, 11:03 PM,
Cheat Sheet
Thanks Peacemaker. Still an ambiguous answer, but I'll accept it at face value. Besides, I have to, I can't go repelling down steep inclines like when I was in the Marines. Or can I? Well probably, but it's that getting back up that poses a problem. I thought flying cars were supposed to be invented by now. Dang! Boo
06-25-2013, 06:01 AM,
Cheat Sheet

Nice photo! On initial quick glance I would guess either Quemado Falls or possibly Frijoles Falls.

The Wolf
06-25-2013, 11:25 AM,
Cheat Sheet
Beautiful photo!!
06-25-2013, 01:10 PM,
Cheat Sheet

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from admin on June 25, 2013, 2:07 pm</b>

Very pretty photo!

As for Forrest saying that a child could walk to it and pick it up. I think it was said somewhere and Forrest told me to say he did not say that. I totally can't remember where that happened...but I do remember him saying that he did not say a child could walk over and pick it up. That's of course not to mean they couldn't...but he wanted to make sure that he didn't say it...I guess to the person who posted it.

It would have to be a pretty strong child to just walk over and pick up a 42 lb chest. LOL Wink
06-26-2013, 07:57 AM,
Cheat Sheet
That's what I was thinking. A very strong child!
06-26-2013, 01:31 PM,
Cheat Sheet
First let me say thank you to GOG for posting all that info together. Very helpful when consolidated like that.

Now I'm beginning to wonder if we (I) have been conducting our searches based on misgivings about information given out by Mr. Fenn. Some of these statements seem to have evolved into something else as they get passed along. Like that game we played as kids, where you whisper something to the first person, it gets passed along, and has become something totally different when it gets to the end person. I've been told the chest is not on the side of a cliff, that you don't need a rope to retrieve it, it's not in a dangerous place, etc, but now I'm wondering how many of these (facts?) are incorrect conclusions of simple statements given by Mr. fenn. Please accept that I mean no disrespect to anyone who has repeated any of these statements in question, we are all just working with what we have, and inference and interpretation is necessary to play this game. I'm just starting to think that some of the accepted "gospel" may be turning into "gossip" as we continue with our quest.

I'm starting to expand my searches to places where I think an 80 year old Forrest Fenn could go, or even "place" the chest. Not any old 80 year old man, mind you, but Mr. Fenn himself. And what about lowering the chest down some hole or crevasse? Can anyone think of any actual info given by Mr. Fenn that would exclude doing that? Maybe Mr. Fenn did use a rope to aid him in getting down, and back up, from some hidey hole. Am I all wet on this idea? As long as I believe he was physically able, can anyone see how this does not fit into any of the information given? I would love to hear feedback. Thanks, Boo.

06-26-2013, 03:16 PM,
Cheat Sheet
You’re welcome Boo…….Glad you like it.

You are correct……lots of gossip out there. It doesn’t help any that Forrest seems to make contradictory or different statements at times. I think some of the gossip comes from the need to grab onto something each searcher thinks is solid ground; and then insisting they are correct. The poem is very vague and can fit just about anywhere; so it’s logical to try to narrow down where the poem leads. Some use cryptography, anagrams, the book, other meanings of words, some ignore the parts of the poem that doesn’t fit their spot and search anyway.

Forrest has chosen to participate in the chase by giving out additional clues, making statements in speaking engagements and interviews, and responding to emails. Is he leading or misleading, is he speaking “technically” or in general? Everything is arbitrary and depends how each individual interprets what is said; leading to more confusion.
06-26-2013, 06:13 PM,
Cheat Sheet
Well goofy, hopefully you will have more to add to your post after tomorrow morning (fingers crossed).

The reason I brought this subject up is because I have been using the "A child could walk up to it" comment as a litmus test during some of my searches. When I see a potential good spot, I ask myself, "Could a child get to that spot"? Or, "Would a parent allow his/her child to walk to it"? "Is it safe enough for a child to get there"? I realize I've been blowing what was actually said by Fenn way out of proportion, and perhaps passing up good spots because of what I THOUGHT Forrest said. In fact, I passed on a really good spot last week, due to going by hearsay, instead of writing down what was actually said, word for word.

Dangit! Now I have to go back to that spot someday to check out what I passed up. I will definitely print out the fact list from Goofy, and use the back for extra notes. Thanks to all who humored me. Boo
06-26-2013, 06:18 PM,
Cheat Sheet
Ok, make that more info to add after Friday morning. Just read yet another clue delay. Blah.