Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheat Sheet
06-23-2013, 10:20 AM,
Cheat Sheet
Judymw,

I'm from Mississippi and completed a couple of searches 2 weeks ago.. No chest, but Like you still studying the poem. Had other theories but didn't get to check them out because kids wanted to do other things also.. but a fun trip. We're from Pontotoc. Good luck and Wishing you to be rich, from WishIwasRich.
06-24-2013, 09:32 PM,
Cheat Sheet
Since we're on the subject, can someone clear up the quote attributed to Forrest Fenn about a child being able walk up to the treasure? How about the statement that it is not in a dangerous place? I'd like to know if these are actual statements by Fenn, and can anyone give the exact quotes? It means a lot to me in how and where I look. I've found some really good spots, but I keep telling myself either a child couldn't get there, or it is too dangerous to get there. Thanks, Boo.
06-24-2013, 10:01 PM,
Cheat Sheet
That answer is all I need Clinger, thanks. Here's photo of one example I found while out and about. I only went down the side of this waterfall because I saw a cord tied around the last tree that is accessable going down. You can see a pool where the water hits, and in this pool is a stretched out rope. You can't see it in the pic, partly due to that limb in the way. And yes, it's as dangerous as it looks, but I'm just a tad nuts. Anyway, I briefly thought that Fenn could have lowered the chest down with a 200 foot rope, then let the rope go down the waterfall. It was like, "Well, what if"? But the only way to get down there is with mountain climbing gear and a lot of experience. Definitely not where a kid could go, so I ruled it out. It was just a brief thought.

However, if anyone is familiar with this area, you may be able to figure out where that rope most likely came from. It's a sad story, and actually made my eyes tear up a little while I was balancing above the waterfall. I won't give it away at this point, but it does add a sense of realism to the search. Boo.

[Image: du2g5-015.JPG]
06-24-2013, 10:28 PM,
Cheat Sheet

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Boo on June 24, 2013, 10:32 pm</b>

Since we're on the subject, can someone clear up the quote attributed to Forrest Fenn about a child being able walk up to the treasure? How about the statement that it is not in a dangerous place? I'd like to know if these are actual statements by Fenn, and can anyone give the exact quotes? It means a lot to me in how and where I look. I've found some really good spots, but I keep telling myself either a child couldn't get there, or it is too dangerous to get there. Thanks, Boo.
</div>

Hi Boo,

Here's one with the link to Dal's site:

"Hi Mr. Fenn,

I wonder if you could tell me if it’s at a place that my boys and I would be able to go to that’s not too risky of a place (ie: the side of a cliff). I haven’t even read your book yet. I’m already planning a trip though to Yellowstone with my family."

<b>"Patty, the treasure is where an elderly man put it so I suppose your kids would be in a safe place if they found it. f"</b>

http://dalneitzel.com/2013/02/11/1251/

Peacemaker

06-24-2013, 11:03 PM,
Cheat Sheet
Thanks Peacemaker. Still an ambiguous answer, but I'll accept it at face value. Besides, I have to, I can't go repelling down steep inclines like when I was in the Marines. Or can I? Well probably, but it's that getting back up that poses a problem. I thought flying cars were supposed to be invented by now. Dang! Boo
06-25-2013, 06:01 AM,
Cheat Sheet
Boo,

Nice photo! On initial quick glance I would guess either Quemado Falls or possibly Frijoles Falls.

The Wolf
06-25-2013, 11:25 AM,
Cheat Sheet
Beautiful photo!!
06-25-2013, 01:07 PM,
Cheat Sheet
Very pretty photo!

As for Forrest saying that a child could walk to it and pick it up. I think it was said somewhere and Forrest told me to say he did not say that. I totally can't remember where that happened...but I do remember him saying that he did not say a child could walk over and pick it up. That's of course not to mean they couldn't...but he wanted to make sure that he didn't say it...I guess to the person who posted it.
06-25-2013, 01:10 PM,
Cheat Sheet

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from admin on June 25, 2013, 2:07 pm</b>

Very pretty photo!

As for Forrest saying that a child could walk to it and pick it up. I think it was said somewhere and Forrest told me to say he did not say that. I totally can't remember where that happened...but I do remember him saying that he did not say a child could walk over and pick it up. That's of course not to mean they couldn't...but he wanted to make sure that he didn't say it...I guess to the person who posted it.
</div>

It would have to be a pretty strong child to just walk over and pick up a 42 lb chest. LOL Wink
06-26-2013, 07:57 AM,
Cheat Sheet
That's what I was thinking. A very strong child!