Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheat Sheet
06-29-2013, 07:16 PM,
Cheat Sheet
Hey all,

First time poster here. I read the facts and had a question if anyone could point me to the answer that would be so cool.

1. The reference about being 8.25 miles North of Sante Fe. Where did this come from?

06-29-2013, 07:32 PM,
Cheat Sheet
Thanks!!!!
06-29-2013, 07:33 PM,
Cheat Sheet

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from JohnRicko on June 29, 2013, 8:16 pm</b>

Hey all,

First time poster here. I read the facts and had a question if anyone could point me to the answer that would be so cool.

1. The reference about being 8.5 miles North of Sante Fe. Where did this come from?

</div>

Hi JohnRicko,

This came from a post made by Forrest on Richard Saunier's "Mountainwalk" blog back on 4/17/13. See link below:

http://mountainwalk.org/2012/04/16/forre...-surveyor/

Don't worry about him typing "Forrwst Fenn". Dal e-mailed him and Forrest verified that it was just a typo. It's more just Forrest busting Richard's chops and having some fun with him IMO. You'll notice the first line which kind of sums it up when he says to harken back to 1620 and mentions passing telephone poles, which obviously didn't exist at that time.

My personal opinion is it's nothing, but some are trying to find secret codes and coordinates in all of the numbers and other significance to every word he wrote, which is typical, but usually a big waste of time. IMHO.

Peacemaker
06-29-2013, 08:20 PM,
Cheat Sheet
Cool just read it. It reminds me of the horseshoe how-to on p135, then the 7th cavalry then to Custer then to Sheridan then to the article about his vacations to night sweats to ohh my - I've said too much. lol
06-29-2013, 10:29 PM,
Cheat Sheet
Nice work, Goofy! This is a great summary, and a great starting spot for anyone starting The Chase. Thanks!
06-29-2013, 10:40 PM,
Cheat Sheet
Goofy? I prefer Winnie of the hundred acre wood.
07-02-2013, 09:24 PM,
Cheat Sheet
Hand in the air! Everyone assumes Santa Fe NM - Has Forrest ever confirmed or specifically stated NM? Or Could it also mean Santa Fe Tx??
07-02-2013, 10:12 PM,
Cheat Sheet

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Little Sparrow on July 2, 2013, 10:24 pm</b>

Hand in the air! Everyone assumes Santa Fe NM - Has Forrest ever confirmed or specifically stated NM? Or Could it also mean Santa Fe Tx??
</div>

Hi Little Sparrow!

Yes Forrest has confirmed that it's Santa Fe, NM. It was in an e-mail response to a searcher that was posted on Dal's blog. I'm having an issue getting the blog to open right now to provide a link, but if you go to dalneitzel.com and click on one of Forrest Gets mail links or whatever they're called, it's in I believe the first batch of e-mail responses.

When he was asked if he meant NM, he said something like: "I never thought of that, but yes, Santa Fe, NM".

Peacemaker
07-13-2013, 07:20 AM,
Cheat Sheet
Goofy Old Guy- nice work on the cheat sheet.

Forrest has stated something like “you will be surprised at the location when it is found”. I keep thinking this over and over. What does he mean by surprised? Does it mean something like I would never have thought to look there or was it so obvious that everyone should have found it?

I tend to think it is the latter. An obvious solution that is not deep in numbers, syllables, astrology, palm reading, postmarks or lava lamps. I think one day when the treasure is found we will all look back and say… golly it was such an easy solution why didn’t I find it.

07-13-2013, 09:01 AM,
Cheat Sheet
Great list, Goofy,

I have a question though. What information do you have that says the treasure isn't in Idaho or Utah? I was thinking about visiting Canyonlands in Utah. If the treasure isn't there, then I'll need a new excuse to go there since I really want to.

mdavis19