Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheat Sheet
06-26-2013, 01:31 PM,
Cheat Sheet
First let me say thank you to GOG for posting all that info together. Very helpful when consolidated like that.

Now I'm beginning to wonder if we (I) have been conducting our searches based on misgivings about information given out by Mr. Fenn. Some of these statements seem to have evolved into something else as they get passed along. Like that game we played as kids, where you whisper something to the first person, it gets passed along, and has become something totally different when it gets to the end person. I've been told the chest is not on the side of a cliff, that you don't need a rope to retrieve it, it's not in a dangerous place, etc, but now I'm wondering how many of these (facts?) are incorrect conclusions of simple statements given by Mr. fenn. Please accept that I mean no disrespect to anyone who has repeated any of these statements in question, we are all just working with what we have, and inference and interpretation is necessary to play this game. I'm just starting to think that some of the accepted "gospel" may be turning into "gossip" as we continue with our quest.

I'm starting to expand my searches to places where I think an 80 year old Forrest Fenn could go, or even "place" the chest. Not any old 80 year old man, mind you, but Mr. Fenn himself. And what about lowering the chest down some hole or crevasse? Can anyone think of any actual info given by Mr. Fenn that would exclude doing that? Maybe Mr. Fenn did use a rope to aid him in getting down, and back up, from some hidey hole. Am I all wet on this idea? As long as I believe he was physically able, can anyone see how this does not fit into any of the information given? I would love to hear feedback. Thanks, Boo.

06-26-2013, 03:00 PM,
Cheat Sheet
Hi Boo, I've been around since early on and have seen exactly what you have.....that information gets changed little by little. That is why I like Goofy's list. I know for a fact that those are facts and that's why I wanted just one place where that list can be and Goofy will add to it as things are heard...but only if they are direct from Forrest.

I don't see any reason it can't be in a hole or is it possible a well(is that a structure?). That wouldn't require any climbing or anything strange like that. I actually searched a well that was down by Manby Springs. It was being used as a fireplace(blaze). I remember how he said that bronze can only be changed if it gets to a certain temperature. So I figured if it was down in the ashes(remember talking about Olgas ashes?)maybe 3 feet...that he'd know that no one would just come across it and wouldn't we be surprised that everyone sat around that fire looking right at where it was? I only cleaned it out probably a foot down...
06-26-2013, 03:16 PM,
Cheat Sheet
You’re welcome Boo…….Glad you like it.

You are correct……lots of gossip out there. It doesn’t help any that Forrest seems to make contradictory or different statements at times. I think some of the gossip comes from the need to grab onto something each searcher thinks is solid ground; and then insisting they are correct. The poem is very vague and can fit just about anywhere; so it’s logical to try to narrow down where the poem leads. Some use cryptography, anagrams, the book, other meanings of words, some ignore the parts of the poem that doesn’t fit their spot and search anyway.

Forrest has chosen to participate in the chase by giving out additional clues, making statements in speaking engagements and interviews, and responding to emails. Is he leading or misleading, is he speaking “technically” or in general? Everything is arbitrary and depends how each individual interprets what is said; leading to more confusion.
06-26-2013, 06:13 PM,
Cheat Sheet
Well goofy, hopefully you will have more to add to your post after tomorrow morning (fingers crossed).

The reason I brought this subject up is because I have been using the "A child could walk up to it" comment as a litmus test during some of my searches. When I see a potential good spot, I ask myself, "Could a child get to that spot"? Or, "Would a parent allow his/her child to walk to it"? "Is it safe enough for a child to get there"? I realize I've been blowing what was actually said by Fenn way out of proportion, and perhaps passing up good spots because of what I THOUGHT Forrest said. In fact, I passed on a really good spot last week, due to going by hearsay, instead of writing down what was actually said, word for word.

Dangit! Now I have to go back to that spot someday to check out what I passed up. I will definitely print out the fact list from Goofy, and use the back for extra notes. Thanks to all who humored me. Boo
06-26-2013, 06:18 PM,
Cheat Sheet
Ok, make that more info to add after Friday morning. Just read yet another clue delay. Blah.
06-29-2013, 07:16 PM,
Cheat Sheet
Hey all,

First time poster here. I read the facts and had a question if anyone could point me to the answer that would be so cool.

1. The reference about being 8.25 miles North of Sante Fe. Where did this come from?

06-29-2013, 07:27 PM,
Cheat Sheet
http://mountainwalk.org/2012/04/16/forre...-surveyor/

Hi John, It comes from Richard's blog a while back. Forrest commented on Richard's story below in the comments section. I believe Dal did clarify that it was Forrest who said that. Some people questioned it, because his name had a typo.
06-29-2013, 07:32 PM,
Cheat Sheet
Thanks!!!!
06-29-2013, 07:33 PM,
Cheat Sheet

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from JohnRicko on June 29, 2013, 8:16 pm</b>

Hey all,

First time poster here. I read the facts and had a question if anyone could point me to the answer that would be so cool.

1. The reference about being 8.5 miles North of Sante Fe. Where did this come from?

</div>

Hi JohnRicko,

This came from a post made by Forrest on Richard Saunier's "Mountainwalk" blog back on 4/17/13. See link below:

http://mountainwalk.org/2012/04/16/forre...-surveyor/

Don't worry about him typing "Forrwst Fenn". Dal e-mailed him and Forrest verified that it was just a typo. It's more just Forrest busting Richard's chops and having some fun with him IMO. You'll notice the first line which kind of sums it up when he says to harken back to 1620 and mentions passing telephone poles, which obviously didn't exist at that time.

My personal opinion is it's nothing, but some are trying to find secret codes and coordinates in all of the numbers and other significance to every word he wrote, which is typical, but usually a big waste of time. IMHO.

Peacemaker
06-29-2013, 08:20 PM,
Cheat Sheet
Cool just read it. It reminds me of the horseshoe how-to on p135, then the 7th cavalry then to Custer then to Sheridan then to the article about his vacations to night sweats to ohh my - I've said too much. lol