Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheat Sheet
06-29-2013, 10:29 PM,
Cheat Sheet
Nice work, Goofy! This is a great summary, and a great starting spot for anyone starting The Chase. Thanks!
06-29-2013, 10:40 PM,
Cheat Sheet
Goofy? I prefer Winnie of the hundred acre wood.
06-30-2013, 01:30 AM,
Cheat Sheet

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from JohnRicko on June 29, 2013, 11:40 pm</b>

Goofy? I prefer Winnie of the hundred acre wood.
</div>

He's talking about Goofy who started this thread with the clues...
07-02-2013, 09:24 PM,
Cheat Sheet
Hand in the air! Everyone assumes Santa Fe NM - Has Forrest ever confirmed or specifically stated NM? Or Could it also mean Santa Fe Tx??
07-02-2013, 10:12 PM,
Cheat Sheet

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Little Sparrow on July 2, 2013, 10:24 pm</b>

Hand in the air! Everyone assumes Santa Fe NM - Has Forrest ever confirmed or specifically stated NM? Or Could it also mean Santa Fe Tx??
</div>

Hi Little Sparrow!

Yes Forrest has confirmed that it's Santa Fe, NM. It was in an e-mail response to a searcher that was posted on Dal's blog. I'm having an issue getting the blog to open right now to provide a link, but if you go to dalneitzel.com and click on one of Forrest Gets mail links or whatever they're called, it's in I believe the first batch of e-mail responses.

When he was asked if he meant NM, he said something like: "I never thought of that, but yes, Santa Fe, NM".

Peacemaker
07-13-2013, 07:20 AM,
Cheat Sheet
Goofy Old Guy- nice work on the cheat sheet.

Forrest has stated something like “you will be surprised at the location when it is found”. I keep thinking this over and over. What does he mean by surprised? Does it mean something like I would never have thought to look there or was it so obvious that everyone should have found it?

I tend to think it is the latter. An obvious solution that is not deep in numbers, syllables, astrology, palm reading, postmarks or lava lamps. I think one day when the treasure is found we will all look back and say… golly it was such an easy solution why didn’t I find it.

07-13-2013, 09:01 AM,
Cheat Sheet
Great list, Goofy,

I have a question though. What information do you have that says the treasure isn't in Idaho or Utah? I was thinking about visiting Canyonlands in Utah. If the treasure isn't there, then I'll need a new excuse to go there since I really want to.

mdavis19
07-13-2013, 09:50 AM,
Cheat Sheet
@mdavis19

The not in Idaho or Utah was the latest clue he gave on the today show…..Make whatever excuse you need to…..if at all possible go to Canyonlands you will not be sorry. Also, the entrance to Arches is right there on the north end of Moab. If you don’t do anything else but drive through Arches and then visit Dead Horse Point State Park it is well worth the trip……Dead Horse Point is about 30 miles west of Moab and overlooks Canyonlands. Take 191 north out of Moab until you get to 313, it takes you to Dead Horse Point. All of what I have described is paved and very easy driving…….All of the “looking in the canyon down” shots on Dal’s website I shot from Dead Horse Point Park……I’m usually not very pushy but I’m pushing you to go there if at all possible.

@Don Johnson

I agree with you about the KISS (keep it simple stupid) attitude. But there sure have been a lot of searches done by some very smart, very determined people, and they have not found it……..what are we missing?
07-13-2013, 07:04 PM,
Cheat Sheet
Thanks for the advice, Goofy. I have been to Arches once already. I just had to see it after reading Desert Solitaire as a kid. But I didn't have time to go to Canyonlands on that trip. You are the second person in the last week to tell me I need to go see Dead Horse Point. So I will, when I can. Thanks again.
07-13-2013, 10:59 PM,
Cheat Sheet
I also highly recommend Canyonlands. I found it more amazing than the Grand Canyon. If you like that sort of thing, awe inspiring natural landscapes, you just can't beat it. You could spend a lot of time with Moab as a base, discovering the area surrounding it.

I spent a week trying to locate a potential search spot to justify a trip back to Moab before Forrest told us it's not in Utah. But really, you don't need any more reason to visit than just to visit.