Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheat Sheet
07-13-2013, 09:50 AM,
Cheat Sheet
@mdavis19

The not in Idaho or Utah was the latest clue he gave on the today show…..Make whatever excuse you need to…..if at all possible go to Canyonlands you will not be sorry. Also, the entrance to Arches is right there on the north end of Moab. If you don’t do anything else but drive through Arches and then visit Dead Horse Point State Park it is well worth the trip……Dead Horse Point is about 30 miles west of Moab and overlooks Canyonlands. Take 191 north out of Moab until you get to 313, it takes you to Dead Horse Point. All of what I have described is paved and very easy driving…….All of the “looking in the canyon down” shots on Dal’s website I shot from Dead Horse Point Park……I’m usually not very pushy but I’m pushing you to go there if at all possible.

@Don Johnson

I agree with you about the KISS (keep it simple stupid) attitude. But there sure have been a lot of searches done by some very smart, very determined people, and they have not found it……..what are we missing?
07-13-2013, 07:04 PM,
Cheat Sheet
Thanks for the advice, Goofy. I have been to Arches once already. I just had to see it after reading Desert Solitaire as a kid. But I didn't have time to go to Canyonlands on that trip. You are the second person in the last week to tell me I need to go see Dead Horse Point. So I will, when I can. Thanks again.
07-13-2013, 10:59 PM,
Cheat Sheet
I also highly recommend Canyonlands. I found it more amazing than the Grand Canyon. If you like that sort of thing, awe inspiring natural landscapes, you just can't beat it. You could spend a lot of time with Moab as a base, discovering the area surrounding it.

I spent a week trying to locate a potential search spot to justify a trip back to Moab before Forrest told us it's not in Utah. But really, you don't need any more reason to visit than just to visit.
07-16-2013, 01:54 PM,
Cheat Sheet

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from peacemakerol on June 24, 2013, 11:28 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from Boo on June 24, 2013, 10:32 pm</b>

Since we're on the subject, can someone clear up the quote attributed to Forrest Fenn about a child being able walk up to the treasure? Thanks, Boo.
</div>

Hi Boo,

Here's one with the link to Dal's site:

"Hi Mr. Fenn,

I wonder if you could tell me if it’s at a place that my boys and I would be able to go to that’s not too risky of a place (ie: the side of a cliff). I haven’t even read your book yet. I’m already planning a trip though to Yellowstone with my family."

<b>"Patty, the treasure is where an elderly man put it so I suppose your kids would be in a safe place if they found it. f"</b>

http://dalneitzel.com/2013/02/11/1251/

Peacemaker

</div>
</div>

The "child can get to it" is also a MarkD 2nd-hand attribution.

<b>he has also told me (and my group) that our kids could literally walk to it, pick it up (assuming strength) and walk away</b>

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/cache-...ost2981642
07-16-2013, 04:40 PM,
Cheat Sheet
My goodness, these things can get confusing! I was scratching my head, trying to decide what to do with this new info from ThrillChaser. It's scary to take 2nd hand phrases and hope they are accurate. As Ms. Stephanie points out, maybe that's not what Forrest said, or meant, at all. I guess that's one reason why we all gather here, to get to the bottom of things as we wade through all the hearsay. I'm going to put it way back in the "Maybe" pile.

The whole "A child could walk up to it" statement, real or myth, has a lot of bearing on how I proceed with my search, maybe to others as well. On my last hunt, I passed up a interesting crevasse, thinking there would be no way a child could, or would, get in there. Now I'm wondering if I should've spent more time looking down in there and around there. Thanks for the responses ThrillChaser and Steph. Boo
07-19-2013, 11:10 AM,
Cheat Sheet
Stephanie,

When you visited Forrest's home do you recall what type of vehicles he used? I was kind of interested to see if he had a truck or some other off-rode vehicle he uses to get to San Lazaro. Thanks Don
07-19-2013, 04:26 PM,
Cheat Sheet
Where did I read he drives a Jeep Cherokee?
07-19-2013, 06:27 PM,
Cheat Sheet

<b>Quote from tomwhat on July 19, 2013, 5:26 pm</b>

Where did I read he drives a Jeep Cherokee?
</div>

Hi tomwhat,

That was on Dal's blog. There was a series of photos taken recently with Forrest around town (remember the one with him pointing at a map of NM on the wall?) and there was one showing his license plate with the Purple Heart. If I remember correctly it was on a Jeep Cherokee. I just looked for it, but couldn't remember which section it was in. Hope this helps.

Peacemaker
07-19-2013, 10:46 PM,
Cheat Sheet
If ever in doubt of the accuracy and authenticity of a quote or statement attributed to FF and you just can't find the answer or reconcile it for yourself, you can always email FF with a very specific question regarding the statement and he will answer (or at least has in the past). He may just say "yes" or "no" and "good luck", but you may get some clarification. Clearly he isn't going to give away anything more than what he has already said or written and if you ask for more than that then you'll be deserving of whatever answer you get.
07-21-2013, 01:40 AM,
Cheat Sheet
I would feel like I'm wasting his time if I emailed him about something like what kind of car he drove. I worry he would email me back "Seriously? Go worry about something important."