Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheat Sheet
07-29-2013, 06:06 PM,
Cheat Sheet
Jeep pic:

Edit:

Hmmm. Direct links to images don't seem to work. 24th pic down on this page:

http://dalneitzel.com/2013/04/16/on-the-hunt/

07-30-2013, 12:33 AM,
Cheat Sheet
Hi All! I seem to recall a mention of where Forrest's daughters live. Does anyone remember that, maybe saved the link?? I've searched everywhere and can't find it. Much obliged!
07-30-2013, 07:16 AM,
Cheat Sheet
Thrillchaser, the link did not work for me but thank you for the information. I did find a picture of Forrest's Jeep in the picture section at Wildstones.com. I do remember the purple heart license plate mentioned by peace maker but not the vehicle. I tried to look on Dal's two years of information blog but sometimes that is almost like looking in the Library of Congress. My curiosity about the vehicle was whether it was a beat up trail banger or something you did not want many dings on the sides of the doors. Since the vehicle is newer looking I am guessing that may rule out driving down narrow trails with branches sticking out. Small thinking on my part but it helps me.

Have a good day.

Don
07-30-2013, 02:05 PM,
Cheat Sheet
Horses for courses. Forrest may have a nice newer Jeep to drive around town, and an old beater for trail work. I'm half Forrest's age, and I like my air conditioning and heated seats in the daily driver. But I wouldn't take my nice rig out to get dented and beat if I was exploring.
08-03-2013, 06:04 PM,
Cheat Sheet

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Colokid on July 23, 2013, 8:22 am</b>

Can anyone supply a link to quote attributed to F that goes: "Don't over think it". This is one of those statements that sounds familiar but can't place where he actually said it. Also, just a suggestion for the Cheat Sheet, supplying links to the source of F's actual statements would be a great addition. Thanks.
</div>

I've been looking for this too. On Dal's blog there is a post by Dal in Mar '13 that says something to the effect, "Remember, Forrest recently said 'Don't overthink it'" implying that it may have happened earlier this year.
10-02-2013, 07:37 PM,
Cheat Sheet

<b>Quote from clinger on June 24, 2013, 10:41 pm</b>

<b>You won't need any gear, not a shovel, not ropes, not scuba, ect. nothing but your hands & maybe a flash light.</b> I think one of the statements was something to the effect of if you knew where it was at, your kid could walk right up to it and get it.

Clinger
</div>

Can you let me know the source of not needing gear, etc.

thanks
02-16-2014, 12:00 PM,
Cheat Sheet

<b>Quote from Boo on July 16, 2013, 5:40 pm</b>

My goodness, these things can get confusing! I was scratching my head, trying to decide what to do with this new info from ThrillChaser. It's scary to take 2nd hand phrases and hope they are accurate. As Ms. Stephanie points out, maybe that's not what Forrest said, or meant, at all. I guess that's one reason why we all gather here, to get to the bottom of things as we wade through all the hearsay. I'm going to put it way back in the "Maybe" pile.

The whole "A child could walk up to it" statement, real or myth, has a lot of bearing on how I proceed with my search, maybe to others as well. On my last hunt, I passed up a interesting crevasse, thinking there would be no way a child could, or would, get in there. Now I'm wondering if I should've spent more time looking down in there and around there. Thanks for the responses ThrillChaser and Steph. Boo
</div>
He told my group that. At his kitchen table.
02-16-2014, 02:02 PM,
Cheat Sheet
Cheat sheets worked wonders for me, every time I was in a solution I would goto my cheat sheet and if I could debunk it I would start all over.