Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
If the chest were found, would you want to know the location, the solve or both?
07-29-2018, 02:00 PM,
If the chest were found, would you want to know the location, the solve or both?
Given the content of the more recent Q & A's on Jenny's site, I've formed the opinion that the end of the Chase is near and I am preparing myself to move on.

As I do this, I've asked myself whether or not I would want to know the location of the chest or the solution or, both?

If the location of the chest were revealed, would the solution be obvious or would I spend time trying to figure out how the solution was derived? Or, would I simply move on?

If the solution were provided, then would the location also be provided? Wouldn't they go hand in hand? Would I NEED to know or would I simply move on?

How would I feel if I were so very far off with my own solve? A lot of very smart people have tried to solve the poem, so I guess I would be in good company.

If the solution proved to be close to my own area, would I be able to laugh about how I just missed it or would I be angry with myself for not seeing what another saw? Would I feel that any words I posted gave the finder the final key to solve the poem? Would I feel entitled to some share? Would I be gracious in coming in second, perhaps tied with many?

Would I accept the end of this chapter in my history and look forward to the next?

My answers, I already know. I wonder how you all feel.

Peace,

Inohury
07-29-2018, 02:14 PM,
RE: If the chest were found, would you want to know the location, the solve or both?
If you know the solution, you'll probably know the location too. There clues point to names and places.

If it ends this summer I will be terribly disappointed. i put a lot of time into over the past year or so, it would have been a waste.

If it turned out that I were far off, that would be fine because I chose an area for a reason and I put all my chips in on that place. If it turns out to be close to my area, that would be a little more disappointing because maybe I should have tried a little harder.
07-29-2018, 02:51 PM,
RE: If the chest were found, would you want to know the location, the solve or both?
(07-29-2018, 02:31 PM)question Wrote: As I do this, I've asked myself whether or not I would want to know the location of the chest or the solution or, both?

Hmm, it seems to be an "all public" or "completely private" proposition. There's no in-between. To answer your question, I gots to know lol.

If the location of the chest were revealed, would the solution be obvious or would I spend time trying to figure out how the solution was derived? Or, would I simply move on?

I would definitely try to figure it out.

If the solution were provided, then would the location also be provided? Wouldn't they go hand in hand? Would I NEED to know or would I simply move on?

If the solution were provided, then the exact location may not be necessarily known.

How would I feel if I were so very far off with my own solve? A lot of very smart people have tried to solve the poem, so I guess I would be in good company.

Relieved!

If the solution proved to be close to my own area, would I be able to laugh about how I just missed it or would I be angry with myself for not seeing what another saw? Would I feel that any words I posted gave the finder the final key to solve the poem? Would I feel entitled to some share? Would I be gracious in coming in second, perhaps tied with many?

No, the laughter would come much later ;-). We've all helped each other out, so I hope the finder rewards those people who helped them achieve a breakthrough in their solution.

Would I accept the end of this chapter in my history and look forward to the next?

Yes, celebration is in order for everyone!

Peace,

Inohury

Great questions Inohury. Whoever the finder may be, I hope that they see FF as wise counsel because he has thought through much of this.

Great answers, question!
07-29-2018, 02:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2018, 03:03 PM by paulb.)
(07-29-2018, 02:00 PM)inohury Wrote: Given the content of the more recent Q & A's on Jenny's site, I've formed the opinion that the end of the Chase is near and I am preparing myself to move on.

As I do this, I've asked myself whether or not I would want to know the location of the chest or the solution or, both?

Peace,

Inohury

The chase is over. There is no fanfare. The chest lies not far from the plaza in Santa Fe. It has been there for over a hundred years, and will remain there for even longer.
It is the Cathedral of St Francis of Assisi, and it has been found by me.(see my recent post).
why they couldn't get closer than 200 feet;and a lot of other things

Fenn will not end the chase , the end only comes with his death. The spirit of the chase will remain in all of us and in those we pass it on to.
07-29-2018, 09:44 PM,
(07-29-2018, 02:59 PM)paulb Wrote:
(07-29-2018, 02:00 PM)inohury Wrote: Given the content of the more recent Q & A's on Jenny's site, I've formed the opinion that the end of the Chase is near and I am preparing myself to move on.

Peace,

Inohury

The chase is over. There is no fanfare. The chest lies not far from the plaza in Santa Fe. It has been there for over a hundred years, and will remain there for even longer.
It is the Cathedral of St Francis of Assisi, and it has been found by me.(see my recent post).
why they couldn't get closer than 200 feet;and a lot of other things

Fenn will not end the chase , the end only comes with his death. The spirit of the chase will remain in all of us and in those we pass it on to.
I know the answer to the "200" ft and it has nothing to do with 200 feet or ft. Might want to make that .2 ft... For now. People is more than one or in this case at least two have been that close.
07-30-2018, 07:55 AM,

Peace,

Inohury

I don't get it. I know why the chase is over. (Now that we've reviewed the pictures and thought about the site we think it might have been taken last year.)

But why are YOU so adamant that the chase is going to be over? What inside perspective do you have?
07-30-2018, 08:54 AM,
(07-30-2018, 07:55 AM)jurassic Wrote:

Peace,

Inohury

I don't get it. I know why the chase is over. (Now that we've reviewed the pictures and thought about the site we think it might have been taken last year.)

But why are YOU so adamant that the chase is going to be over? What inside perspective do you have?

I do not have any "inside perspective". But I would match my insight/perspective against any Searcher...

...a question for you, Jurassic:

If Mr. Fenn has indicated that he would let the community know as soon as the chest has been retrieved and he has not done so to this point in time, why are YOU so adamant in your proclamation that the chest must have been in the spot to which you married the clues?

Without the chest surfacing, no one can know for certain.

On another note, when I worked for one company a long time ago, I would hold meetings in a conference room that had a whiteboard that was close to the door. In the lower right-hand corner of that whiteboard, I would write the names of each attendee. As each person entered the room, I would ask them to put a check next to their name, as I had done. When the last person entered and checked his/her name and sat down, I would thank them for coming to the meeting and, as I gave the purpose of the meeting, I would explain that the check mark they made was symbolic of their "checking their egos at the door".

There was no place for ego in that room, just as I see there is no place for ego here.

If you've read my posts, you know my interpretation of the recent Q & A's. It is MY opinion.

Each is welcome to his/her own opinion of the Chase and of anyone's posts regarding the Chase, but expressing those opinions may not necessarily sway another from his/her own. We can agree to disagree.

Each person will find his/her way. My hope is that all who have joined the Chase will be able to reflect positively on their experiences. That a few have lost their lives certainly brings sorrow, as any life lost would. But realization that they may have died in pursuit of their dream speaks to the powerful passion that can drive the human spirit.

Peace,

Inohury
07-30-2018, 09:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-30-2018, 09:35 AM by trigace.)

Peace,

Inohury

The chase for some IS over.....because they are at a dead end brought on by their failed solve and false assumptions. They can't accept the fact that the chest could actually be somewhere other than at their solve location, even after they've proved it so themselves.

The blaze isn't orange paint splattered on rocks nor is it an old forest fire burn area. The chest isn't a church. A rainbow isn't light coming through stained glass windows. A post with ff carved on it wasn't put there by Forrest Fenn. You cannot identify a 10 inch square box on the ground from Google Earth. Indulgence has nothing to do with Church practices. WWWH has nothing to do with the temperature of water. Assisi has nothing to do with the chase.

Only one treasure searcher has been within 200 feet of the chest. Many more people, some of them searchers, have been within 500 feet of the chest. No one has posted about the correct blaze. No one has said what most of Fenn's stories and statements actually refer to. No one has posted even one correct clue.

Only a few are thinking like Fenn thinks relating to the clues and hints. Those who make videos and give interviews about their "great" solves are usually further away from a true solve than anyone. But they certainly know how to tell a good story.

But just remember, after all I've just said, it's only my opinion.

Oh, and by the way, the treasure chest is definitely still hidden out there.
These are all just my ideas. I hope no one uses them.
07-30-2018, 10:13 AM,
(07-30-2018, 09:29 AM)trigace Wrote: Only one treasure searcher has been within 200 feet of the chest. Many more people, some of them searchers, have been within 500 feet of the chest. No one has posted about the correct blaze. No one has said what most of Fenn's stories and statements actually refer to. No one has posted even one correct clue.

This is astonishing. And in my opinion it's true. Think about it, in 8 years no one has posted one correct clue.

I think some people have posted bits and pieces about the stories in the book, but for the most part I think that posters miss the point of the stories and how he does the hints.

I suspect some people are finding hints and are working towards correct solves, but they are not posting about those things.
07-30-2018, 01:09 PM,
(07-30-2018, 09:29 AM)trigace Wrote:

Peace,

Inohury

The chase for some IS over.....because they are at a dead end brought on by their failed solve and false assumptions. They can't accept the fact that the chest could actually be somewhere other than at their solve location, even after they've proved it so themselves.

The blaze isn't orange paint splattered on rocks nor is it an old forest fire burn area. The chest isn't a church. A rainbow isn't light coming through stained glass windows. A post with ff carved on it wasn't put there by Forrest Fenn. You cannot identify a 10 inch square box on the ground from Google Earth. Indulgence has nothing to do with Church practices. WWWH has nothing to do with the temperature of water. Assisi has nothing to do with the chase.

Only one treasure searcher has been within 200 feet of the chest. Many more people, some of them searchers, have been within 500 feet of the chest. No one has posted about the correct blaze. No one has said what most of Fenn's stories and statements actually refer to. No one has posted even one correct clue.

Only a few are thinking like Fenn thinks relating to the clues and hints. Those who make videos and give interviews about their "great" solves are usually further away from a true solve than anyone. But they certainly know how to tell a good story.

But just remember, after all I've just said, it's only my opinion.

Oh, and by the way, the treasure chest is definitely still hidden out there.
Agree, 100%, except one, that no one has posted anything correct about any of the clues. I believe it was you who said that the voice of my writing approaches Major Fenns more so than any others. These times are when I am cryptically showing hints in the manner he does. I also am the only who had posted the true answer to one of the time stamps and is related to hoB. Save this post to know the truth later. I, of course, am my own victim of the worse case of Cry Wolf ever lol.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  found the chest; done with the chase paulb 10 1,540 07-16-2018, 02:26 PM
Last Post: FennMaster
  Last Night, I Found A Chest! DL167 7 1,467 02-17-2018, 10:40 PM
Last Post: will197532
  Chest Found Claim SharkWheel 15 3,242 11-29-2017, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Mindy
  Forrest Tells You The Chest's Location Shark 0 748 11-15-2017, 12:25 AM
Last Post: Shark
  Will the chest be found in the 2018 search season? The Count 6 2,008 11-04-2017, 12:02 AM
Last Post: The Count
  Will the chest be found 2017 search season? The Count 24 10,311 09-07-2017, 12:45 PM
Last Post: ROLL TIDE