Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
If the chest were found, would you want to know the location, the solve or both?
07-30-2018, 01:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-30-2018, 01:47 PM by crazyfamily.)
If the chest were found, would you want to know the location, the solve or both?
(07-30-2018, 01:09 PM)DeeepThnkr Wrote:
(07-30-2018, 09:29 AM)trigace Wrote:
(07-30-2018, 07:55 AM)jurassic Wrote:
(07-29-2018, 02:00 PM)inohury Wrote: Given the content of the more recent Q & A's on Jenny's site, I've formed the opinion that the end of the Chase is near and I am preparing myself to move on.

As I do this, I've asked myself whether or not I would want to know the location of the chest or the solution or, both?

If the location of the chest were revealed, would the solution be obvious or would I spend time trying to figure out how the solution was derived? Or, would I simply move on?

If the solution were provided, then would the location also be provided? Wouldn't they go hand in hand? Would I NEED to know or would I simply move on?

How would I feel if I were so very far off with my own solve? A lot of very smart people have tried to solve the poem, so I guess I would be in good company.

If the solution proved to be close to my own area, would I be able to laugh about how I just missed it or would I be angry with myself for not seeing what another saw? Would I feel that any words I posted gave the finder the final key to solve the poem? Would I feel entitled to some share? Would I be gracious in coming in second, perhaps tied with many?

Would I accept the end of this chapter in my history and look forward to the next?

My answers, I already know. I wonder how you all feel.

Peace,

Inohury

I don't get it. I know why the chase is over. (Now that we've reviewed the pictures and thought about the site we think it might have been taken last year.)

But why are YOU so adamant that the chase is going to be over? What inside perspective do you have?

The chase for some IS over.....because they are at a dead end brought on by their failed solve and false assumptions. They can't accept the fact that the chest could actually be somewhere other than at their solve location, even after they've proved it so themselves.

The blaze isn't orange paint splattered on rocks nor is it an old forest fire burn area. The chest isn't a church. A rainbow isn't light coming through stained glass windows. A post with ff carved on it wasn't put there by Forrest Fenn. You cannot identify a 10 inch square box on the ground from Google Earth. Indulgence has nothing to do with Church practices. WWWH has nothing to do with the temperature of water. Assisi has nothing to do with the chase.

Only one treasure searcher has been within 200 feet of the chest. Many more people, some of them searchers, have been within 500 feet of the chest. No one has posted about the correct blaze. No one has said what most of Fenn's stories and statements actually refer to. No one has posted even one correct clue.

Only a few are thinking like Fenn thinks relating to the clues and hints. Those who make videos and give interviews about their "great" solves are usually further away from a true solve than anyone. But they certainly know how to tell a good story.

But just remember, after all I've just said, it's only my opinion.

Oh, and by the way, the treasure chest is definitely still hidden out there.
Agree, 100%, except one, that no one has posted anything correct about any of the clues. I believe it was you who said that the voice of my writing approaches Major Fenns more so than any others. These times are when I am cryptically showing hints in the manner he does. I also am the only who had posted the true answer to one of the time stamps and is related to hoB. Save this post to know the truth later. I, of course, am my own victim of the worse case of Cry Wolf ever lol.

Notice how cryptically the Spam is placed in these rice balls.
[Image: 2bb1ddb6bcc5334e4b7db430444ed9fe.jpg]

razyfamily
07-30-2018, 01:40 PM,
RE: If the chest were found, would you want to know the location, the solve or both?
The larger question is, how much would you pay to find out the answer?
07-31-2018, 09:22 AM,
RE: If the chest were found, would you want to know the location, the solve or both?
(07-29-2018, 02:00 PM)inohury Wrote: I do not have any "inside perspective". But I would match my insight/perspective against any Searcher...

...a question for you, Jurassic:

If Mr. Fenn has indicated that he would let the community know as soon as the chest has been retrieved and he has not done so to this point in time, why are YOU so adamant in your proclamation that the chest must have been in the spot to which you married the clues?

Without the chest surfacing, no one can know for certain.

On another note, when I worked for one company a long time ago, I would hold meetings in a conference room that had a whiteboard that was close to the door. In the lower right-hand corner of that whiteboard, I would write the names of each attendee. As each person entered the room, I would ask them to put a check next to their name, as I had done. When the last person entered and checked his/her name and sat down, I would thank them for coming to the meeting and, as I gave the purpose of the meeting, I would explain that the check mark they made was symbolic of their "checking their egos at the door".

There was no place for ego in that room, just as I see there is no place for ego here.

If you've read my posts, you know my interpretation of the recent Q & A's. It is MY opinion.

Each is welcome to his/her own opinion of the Chase and of anyone's posts regarding the Chase, but expressing those opinions may not necessarily sway another from his/her own. We can agree to disagree.

Each person will find his/her way. My hope is that all who have joined the Chase will be able to reflect positively on their experiences. That a few have lost their lives certainly brings sorrow, as any life lost would. But realization that they may have died in pursuit of their dream speaks to the powerful passion that can drive the human spirit.

Peace,

Inohury

I understand. Truth is, that I am not in front of a camera very often. And a mirror is not a 3-d reflection of my body. And it can't show me my external persona which certain features can be easily seen by others, but hidden from me.

I am not aware of the notion that it was ego coming across, because I am focused on just existing as I am. But if it's that obvious to you and not not to me, I will just have to assume that I need to consider what you're saying as an observation of a facet of my presence.

On one hand, a tiger is a tiger. It may have beauty and grace in the way it moves. But there's nothing more terrifying or menacing when watching it attack people or baby animals. It's a symptom of what it is.

Steve Jobs, Donald Trump, Tom Cruise, Ghandi, Arnold Schwarzenegger...what drove them if not ego? If everything is well and good, what purpose do you have to do better, or strive for the top of a mountain? If everything in your life is in a satisfied state, how can you justify your ambition? Or, need to collect 'things' to try to fill that void.

Maybe the emptiness some feel inside, that can never be filled...maybe it's insecurity. Maybe it's fear. Perhaps it's a loss, and they find or associate an activity to try to fill the gap in.

I will consider what you've said. Perhaps ego is blinding me to other opportunities.
07-31-2018, 09:16 PM,
@inohury , you better now w/ this latest MW Featured Question?

MM
Have you ever solved a $50,000 arm chair treasure hunt, went to the exact spot it was at in Hot Springs, Arkansas to retrieve it, look at the exact rock it was under, and then decide to instead walk over it on two different occasions? Well, I have.
07-31-2018, 09:19 PM,
(07-31-2018, 09:16 PM)minotaur_moreno Wrote: @inohury , you better now w/ this latest MW Featured Question?

MM

Much better. Thank you for asking!

Peace,

Inohury
07-31-2018, 11:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-31-2018, 11:13 PM by minotaur_moreno.)
(07-31-2018, 09:19 PM)inohury Wrote:
(07-31-2018, 09:16 PM)minotaur_moreno Wrote: @inohury , you better now w/ this latest MW Featured Question?

MM

Peace,

Inohury

@Inohury, we might be in trouble, again!!!

July 13th - July 19th - 6 days
July 19th - July 24th - 5 days
July 24th - July 28th - 4 days
July 28th - July 31st - 3 days

Today's post...

"and one day say’ “why didn’t I think of that” when the true solve is revealed?"

That Would Mean:

Thursday, August 2nd - 2 days
Friday, August 3rd - True Solve Is Revealed!!!!

https://youtu.be/ObWrdYQ_6xY

Smile

MM
Have you ever solved a $50,000 arm chair treasure hunt, went to the exact spot it was at in Hot Springs, Arkansas to retrieve it, look at the exact rock it was under, and then decide to instead walk over it on two different occasions? Well, I have.
08-02-2018, 09:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-02-2018, 09:56 AM by jurassic.)
(07-29-2018, 02:00 PM)inohury Wrote: Given the content of the more recent Q & A's on Jenny's site, I've formed the opinion that the end of the Chase is near and I am preparing myself to move on.

As I do this, I've asked myself whether or not I would want to know the location of the chest or the solution or, both?

If the location of the chest were revealed, would the solution be obvious or would I spend time trying to figure out how the solution was derived? Or, would I simply move on?

If the solution were provided, then would the location also be provided? Wouldn't they go hand in hand? Would I NEED to know or would I simply move on?

How would I feel if I were so very far off with my own solve? A lot of very smart people have tried to solve the poem, so I guess I would be in good company.

If the solution proved to be close to my own area, would I be able to laugh about how I just missed it or would I be angry with myself for not seeing what another saw? Would I feel that any words I posted gave the finder the final key to solve the poem? Would I feel entitled to some share? Would I be gracious in coming in second, perhaps tied with many?

Would I accept the end of this chapter in my history and look forward to the next?

Peace,

Inohury

I've had a lot of time to consider things. Since I've had all this time in the last year to think my thoughts were:
1) How do we keep it going?
2) How do we lower the risk so that people don't take things too far? We can't save everyone, but can more be done?
3) There are channels like Gypsies Kiss, Cowlazars, etc. How do we not disrupt them?
4) Even if the chase was technically over, how can we sustain it? Re-implant? Divide and implant? Raise money and put new artifacts out there?

It's a mute point, but...Had I found the chest, my original thoughts were:

1) Don't tell anyone the location. This would've made re-implantation possible and maintain the relevance of the poem. It also would prevent peoples close call 'gotchyas' and not made those folks feel as bad. I would consult with Fenn family to see where their thoughts are on this subject.

2) Since the original location would have not been compromised; I simply would have divided some contents of the chest and raise money for new contents and would've devised a way to disperse new chest(s) or containers at additional locations. (With lower value per container, but still high enough to drive peoples ambitions.)

3) Try to make the original location a bit of a hub for some of the finds to accelerate things. But take a portion and leave it in areas completely unrelated to the area.

4) Not compromise my identify so that I could work without risking the project.

But as it stands,

I got there and there was no chest. So I had no choice but to defend my position wherever possible. It was to reveal the location as I did. Again, people are shaking their fists, but I am standing strong on my work and my convictions. I didn't make a 100 trips. I didn't land on the spot by mistake.

The only mistake I made, is obvious to everyone at CC; I said the same thing last year that I said this year. What I didn't know last year was understanding the blaze(s) and the fact TIMING played a critical role. Timing is the reason why after years and years it wasn't found.

You cannot find what you cannot see. Logic is going to reveal at least, at the very least, that I am in the right area. Even if I was too late, or it was a decoy. But I digress, I have the data and others don't. To them it's black and white. It's the way a lot of Americans think. But life isn't black and white, it's often gray. It's complicated. It's convoluted.

The money. The valuables in the chest...
Yes, OK. I thought about that too. I really did. But if there was a $100K voucher in the chest for me it would've been worth it. Street credit? I would've found a way to monetize that.

Look, money isn't a huge issue because I can start companies right now if I wanted to. I have the expertise and the strategy to knockout facebook and google in a fell swoop. (not bring them down, but produce a robust competitor). I can capitalize on their mistakes...the mistakes they continue to make to this day. But I am tired. And maybe lazy. I don't feel like building a company over the next 10 years and miss the baby and toddler years of my children. I will probably need to do this anyway, because I feel as though I should be doing more than I am doing.

People, just get crazy over THINGS. Money, stuff, BS.

The more stuff you own, the more it owns you...
...you are not your khakis...nor the contents of your wallet...

I see in the fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential and I see squandering. God d@mn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables, slaves with white collars, advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of the history man, no purpose or place, we have no Great war, no Great depression, our great war is a spiritual war, our great depression is our lives, we've been all raised by television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars, but we won't and we're slowly learning that fact. and we're very very pissed off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zngeSzH3cFk
08-02-2018, 10:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-02-2018, 10:52 AM by DeeepThnkr.)
Andrew, I have a large JF "drawn" at my spot also. Smile

An drew jef, and drew je ef. Andrew jef

Good bye guys, I will start another but will take a year to build it. It's been fun, thanks for all the fish

And the most American things out there r baseball and pie.
08-02-2018, 11:04 PM,
(08-02-2018, 09:55 AM)jurassic Wrote:

Peace,

Inohury

I've had a lot of time to consider things. Since I've had all this time in the last year to think my thoughts were:
1) How do we keep it going?
2) How do we lower the risk so that people don't take things too far? We can't save everyone, but can more be done?
3) There are channels like Gypsies Kiss, Cowlazars, etc. How do we not disrupt them?
4) Even if the chase was technically over, how can we sustain it? Re-implant? Divide and implant? Raise money and put new artifacts out there?

It's a mute point, but...Had I found the chest, my original thoughts were:

1) Don't tell anyone the location. This would've made re-implantation possible and maintain the relevance of the poem. It also would prevent peoples close call 'gotchyas' and not made those folks feel as bad. I would consult with Fenn family to see where their thoughts are on this subject.

2) Since the original location would have not been compromised; I simply would have divided some contents of the chest and raise money for new contents and would've devised a way to disperse new chest(s) or containers at additional locations. (With lower value per container, but still high enough to drive peoples ambitions.)

3) Try to make the original location a bit of a hub for some of the finds to accelerate things. But take a portion and leave it in areas completely unrelated to the area.

4) Not compromise my identify so that I could work without risking the project.

But as it stands,

I got there and there was no chest. So I had no choice but to defend my position wherever possible. It was to reveal the location as I did. Again, people are shaking their fists, but I am standing strong on my work and my convictions. I didn't make a 100 trips. I didn't land on the spot by mistake.

The only mistake I made, is obvious to everyone at CC; I said the same thing last year that I said this year. What I didn't know last year was understanding the blaze(s) and the fact TIMING played a critical role. Timing is the reason why after years and years it wasn't found.

You cannot find what you cannot see. Logic is going to reveal at least, at the very least, that I am in the right area. Even if I was too late, or it was a decoy. But I digress, I have the data and others don't. To them it's black and white. It's the way a lot of Americans think. But life isn't black and white, it's often gray. It's complicated. It's convoluted.

The money. The valuables in the chest...
Yes, OK. I thought about that too. I really did. But if there was a $100K voucher in the chest for me it would've been worth it. Street credit? I would've found a way to monetize that.

Look, money isn't a huge issue because I can start companies right now if I wanted to. I have the expertise and the strategy to knockout facebook and google in a fell swoop. (not bring them down, but produce a robust competitor). I can capitalize on their mistakes...the mistakes they continue to make to this day. But I am tired. And maybe lazy. I don't feel like building a company over the next 10 years and miss the baby and toddler years of my children. I will probably need to do this anyway, because I feel as though I should be doing more than I am doing.

People, just get crazy over THINGS. Money, stuff, BS.

The more stuff you own, the more it owns you...
...you are not your khakis...nor the contents of your wallet...

I see in the fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential and I see squandering. God d@mn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables, slaves with white collars, advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of the history man, no purpose or place, we have no Great war, no Great depression, our great war is a spiritual war, our great depression is our lives, we've been all raised by television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars, but we won't and we're slowly learning that fact. and we're very very pissed off.

Jurassic, you have put forward one of the most interesting reads to date.
It leaves me in deep thought as to how would the treasure disrupt the life, and will I give in to temptation and let it lead me to a life that is foreign to me.
I prefer a simple quiet life, and I hope I am strong enough and smart enough to keep control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zngeSzH3cFk
08-03-2018, 01:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-03-2018, 02:02 PM by jurassic.)
(07-31-2018, 11:12 PM)minotaur_moreno Wrote:
(07-31-2018, 09:19 PM)inohury Wrote:

MM

Peace,

Inohury

@Inohury, we might be in trouble, again!!!

July 13th - July 19th - 6 days
July 19th - July 24th - 5 days
July 24th - July 28th - 4 days
July 28th - July 31st - 3 days

Today's post...

"and one day say’ “why didn’t I think of that” when the true solve is revealed?"

That Would Mean:

Thursday, August 2nd - 2 days
Friday, August 3rd - True Solve Is Revealed!!!!

https://youtu.be/ObWrdYQ_6xY

Smile

MM
[Image: giphy.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  found the chest; done with the chase paulb 10 1,540 07-16-2018, 02:26 PM
Last Post: FennMaster
  Last Night, I Found A Chest! DL167 7 1,467 02-17-2018, 10:40 PM
Last Post: will197532
  Chest Found Claim SharkWheel 15 3,242 11-29-2017, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Mindy
  Forrest Tells You The Chest's Location Shark 0 748 11-15-2017, 12:25 AM
Last Post: Shark
  Will the chest be found in the 2018 search season? The Count 6 2,008 11-04-2017, 12:02 AM
Last Post: The Count
  Will the chest be found 2017 search season? The Count 24 10,311 09-07-2017, 12:45 PM
Last Post: ROLL TIDE