Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finding Fenn and Taxation
03-02-2014, 12:13 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from mdavis19 on March 2, 2014, 12:05 pm</b>

Corporations are owned by people and made up of people. So that is part of the justification for treating them like people. Some people forget that and act as if corporations are machines or some sort of totally alien entities, but they are really just collections of people, and people have rights. As for CEO pay, that doesn't bother me. If I want to to make CEO pay, I'll apply for a job as a CEO. If I want a ditch digger's pay, I'll apply for a ditch digger's job. Let's face it, burger flippers and broom pushers of the world aren't ever going to be worth more than minimum wage. But a guy who makes decisions about the day to day operation of a multi-billion dollar corporation is going to be very well compensated for it, and deservingly so. A guy who's biggest decision is whether or not he put enough mustard on the bun, isn't going to be very well compensated, at least not if you aren't willing to pay $100 for a burger.

mdavis19
</div>

KOCH Brothers ? http://business.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/1...nsequences

T. Boone Pickens ?

Sheldon Adelson ?

Single Person PAC's ? The One-Person Funded Super PAC: How Wealthy Donors Can Skirt Campaign Finance Restrictions

George Carlin Banksters, Corporations and the American Dream

03-02-2014, 12:25 PM,

<b>Quote from SantaFe on March 2, 2014, 12:13 pm</b>

KOCH Brothers ?

</div>

George Soros?

Seriously, what's the beef? These are just people with strong political views who also happen to have money. A lot of people posting right here in this thread also hold very strong political views. The only difference is that we don't have money. But if each of us were to suddenly have a few billion dollars dropped on us to spend as we wish, who among us wouldn't spend at least some of it to affect the sort of political and social change we feel the country needs? We'd all become no better (or worse) than the Koch Brothers and George Soroses that we love to hate.

mdavis19
03-02-2014, 12:29 PM,

<b>Quote from mdavis19 on March 2, 2014, 12:25 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from SantaFe on March 2, 2014, 12:13 pm</b>

KOCH Brothers ?

</div>

George Soros?

Seriously, what's the beef? These are just people with strong political views who also happen to have money. A lot of people posting right here in this thread also hold very strong political views. The only difference is that we don't have money. But if each of us were to suddenly have a few billion dollars dropped on us to spend as we wish, who among us wouldn't spend at least some of it to affect the sort of political and social change we feel the country needs? We'd all become no better (or worse) than the Koch Brothers and George Soroses that we love to hate.

mdavis19</div>
</div>

[embed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijyeCI-Z53k[/embed]
03-02-2014, 12:35 PM,
03-02-2014, 12:37 PM,
Carlin is wrong. If anyone owns us it is the Chinese, who have been loaning us the money so we could live beyond our means for decades now. Sooner or later the note is going to come due.

mdavis19
03-02-2014, 12:44 PM,

<b>Quote from mdavis19 on March 2, 2014, 12:37 pm</b>

Carlin is wrong. If anyone owns us it is the Chinese, who have been loaning us the money so we could live beyond our means for decades now. Sooner or later the note is going to come due.

mdavis19
</div>

Agree with NORA.

U.S. Corporations used to have RUSSIAN & CHINESE SPYS..., now we just OUTSOURCE ( CHINA, INDIA ) there... save FOREIGN GOVT's the trouble of planting SPYS in U.S. corporations... ( Russia does a lot of SW Outsourcing... and mischief, stolen credit-cards )

INDIA is next, INDIA and RUSSIA are already sharing 5th Generation FIGHTER JET technology...

[Image: Russian_Air_Force_Sukhoi_T-50_Aoki-2-386x256.jpg]

AMERICAN JETS, nope, RUSSIA / INDIA Jets.

http://thediplomat.com/2013/11/india-pus...velopment/

03-02-2014, 12:51 PM,

<b>Quote from SantaFe on March 2, 2014, 11:29 am</b>

Can you imagine if a CEO's Salary were CAPPED at 10-Times their Lowest Paid worker ?

</div>

Santa Fe

I came up with that very thought several years ago during the presidential campaign discussions on wage discrepancy and business taxation.

03-02-2014, 12:53 PM,
I came up with a business tax idea where companies could completely eliminate their taxes which would encourage and allow companies to relocate back to the US, hire more people, hire more US citizens, pay higher wages and provide more benefits, keep wages in the US, improve the economy, reduce property tax, improve products, grow the business, and bring some manufacturing back to the US. And we could get all this without reducing the tax revenues. In fact the revenues would go up and thus reduce the deficit.

If we reduce the greed motivators, eliminate and simplify most laws, simplify taxes, educate and control our children (parentally), remove profitability from our government system, take the rich out of office, and keep our money in our country, we could be on our way to success.

Change the tax system for business and citizens. Eliminate private banking. Eliminate the stock market. Go back to pensions, prevent business from stealing from them and eliminate 401k garbage (automatic with elimination of the stock market). Stop the rich from holding public offices. Bring the vote back to the people (less reliance on political “representation”). Eliminate the political parties. Eliminate or regulate the hell out of the insurance scams (companies). Remove the majority of law suit ability. Require US citizenship to own a US based business. Require US citizenship for owning property. Stop sending money abroad to thankless countries (keep our tax dollars in the US). Tax foreign products. Require all critical systems and commodities (electric, fuels, communications, housing, health service, food, and water) to be truly and completely non-profit. Cap sales tax and property tax. Eliminate death tax… Damn… I could go on and on…

Yes, I even have a very workable guest worker program that would be completely self sufficient, practically eliminate illegal immigration, increase tax revenue, reduce taxpayer services provided to non citizens, and would not take away jobs from US citizens who are willing to do them (physically and mentally able homeless people would get them first).

Sadly, this stuff will never happen tho…. So I will end my fruitless political rants and go back to Thing.

03-02-2014, 12:53 PM,

<b>Quote from timberwolf on March 2, 2014, 12:51 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from SantaFe on March 2, 2014, 11:29 am</b>

Can you imagine if a CEO's Salary were CAPPED at 10-Times their Lowest Paid worker ?

</div>

Santa Fe

I came up with that very thought several years ago during the presidential campaign discussions on wage discrepancy and business taxation.</div>
</div>

Romney would have choked on that if you included the Cleaning Staff at BAIN Capital...

03-02-2014, 02:30 PM,
I think you guys fail to understand that the one that is making the most money around here is the Federal Reserve bank. It is a private owned bank and all our money if from them on the bank notes of gold that is at a depository. They make the choice how the country is run by the federal reserve rate and everything trickles from there. This also influence futures in stock markets as well as gas cause gas is not determined by OPEC it is base upon futures so it's not politics that run our government but if you track the dollar down to its core then you can understand how screwed we really are.