Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets KEEP it REAL!
08-10-2018, 03:25 PM,
Lets KEEP it REAL!
I agree, John, but it doesn’t rule out the possibility as he also said that he’ll always consider the place to be his alone.

razyfamily
08-10-2018, 04:10 PM,
RE: Lets KEEP it REAL!
@cf
"There are 654,885,389 acres of land in he United States that are owned by the American people. That is what the federal government admits is "public property." And the population of this great country is 313,914,040. After doing the math, I learn that my allotment is exactly 2.086 acres. Now if I wanted to secret a can of Dr. Pepper under a rock..." f
"The spot where I hid the treasure was in my mind from the time I first started thinking about the chase. It is special to me and there was never another consideration. I was going to make it work no matter what. In my reverie I often find myself stealing away to that place and I will always consider it to be mine." f
I am not sure he really is saying it is "his" in the sense that noone else knows about its location. He says that many have been within 500' of it (and searchers have been within 200' of the location). It really does not sound like the area is unknown to anyone else but him, IMO...
just saying ss
08-10-2018, 04:13 PM,
(08-10-2018, 03:25 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: I agree, John, but it doesn’t rule out the possibility as he also said that he’ll always consider the place to be his alone.

razyfamily

We're on the same page.
08-10-2018, 07:59 PM,
(08-10-2018, 12:46 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: You may as well ask me if I love the air. I don’t know but, I certainly am an appreciator of nature. “Leave no trace” is a rhetorical statement not intended to be taken literally. For instance it is not feasible for you to not leave a footprint somewhere or a dry fly snagged high on a tree limb, left by your back cast. But I agree with the philosophy of the phrase. I dislike seeing beer cans scattered around when I am fantasizing that I am the only person who has ever been in that spot.

razyfamily

I dont believe that quote means what you are implying that it means. I do not hear ff saying that beer cans were in his "special spot", i.e. where he hid the treasure, but wherever he is in the wilderness. His answer was to a question about LNT. And he replies that he does not like to see beer cans strewn about when he is in the wilderness, fantasizing that no one else has been to that particular location. But that does not mean "that spot" refers to the location where he hid the treasure.
08-11-2018, 11:14 AM,
There are hundreds of beer cans near my location. My canyon has a big body of water. I am searching in nm. I have only one home of Brown and it has nothing to do with fish or Indians, it's a town. My exact spot is about 500ft from the road.
08-12-2018, 03:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-12-2018, 04:22 PM by paulb.)
(08-09-2018, 06:37 PM)finditkeepit Wrote: This special place is dear to him and he "NEVER CONSIDERED ANYWHERE ELSE".

How has this guy wrote numerous books about his life and people are still throwing darts at the wall.....

The truth is that it CAN be anywhere...but its not. Its either in the west yellowstone/yellowstone/wyoming area OR down in NM near some of the indian artifacts/Indian special places/fishing spots 8.25 miles N of Santa Fe.

Could it be in colorado? Sure but its not.
Could it be in northern MT? Sure but its not.

If you have the mindset of "it could be anywhere out in those mtns" you dont have a chance at finding it anyway. The only people who will find this chest are people who are confident in areas/places.

Are you telling me that this guy wrote books about his life in depth but never mentioned the area of his secret hiding spot? Of course he did! It is in yellowstone area or N NM....

One thing fenn cant escape is that he is human just like us.
He thinks just like you and I.
Hes clever but he is just attached to his childhood memories, late parents, greatest memories, relationships, successes JUST LIKE YOU AND I. Its that or Indian people in NM. That is it.

Everyone is more concerned about a national park law and not the blatantly obvious. Let me fill you all in.... fenn said "the finder will have MORE than a few decisions to make" and he said that with a clever look on his face like they will be torn on what to do when they find it...... If its on some piece of BLM property or public then why wouldnt the finder just take it and he/she would have ZERO decisions to make... Wherever the chest is at...its going to be a controversy.

Read very carefully --- "I was determined to hide it here no MATTER WHAT" is what fenn said. Have you ever thought that fenn would STILL hide it on federal land because its his "most dear place in his heart". Fenn lived on the edge and was shot down twice, lived through crazy stuff and you think government land would deter him from putting his chest in a place that he HAD to put it because it was so special? Absolutely not.

"I would suggest the finder keep quiet for 30 days"...What does this mean to you??

I do not know the exact location so dont confuse me with someone claiming they have the exact location and just blowing smoke. Just be logical, SIMPLIFY.

- Fenn said he hates seeing beer cans in his spot...its near a body of water
- Fenn said to leave your partner in the car...its near a road/parking spot
- People have figured out 2 and passed right by the other 7...odds are that the final 7 are close proximity to each other
- Fenn said there is ONLY ONE home of brown!

All I ever see on every forum/video/FB group is the SAME OLE STUFF... Everyone is trying to figure out what it ISNT instead of what it IS.

How could there be beer cans? Think about it...Do beer cans just float out in the middle of nowhere? Most likely not....it is probably in close vicinity of a campground or somewhere with people.

"More than several people have been to WWWH and did not know they were there" How could fenn say that confidently?

There are so many more questions that people never even talk about that could be huge.......

Lets start talking about the important stuff and lets find this thing...

Whos with me????!!!!! Lets start answering important questions and not stuff like making a crossword puzzle out of the words in the book and biblical deciphers.....

Make a rebuttal, make a suggestion....why would we leave someone in a car waiting? Why would beer cans be there? Do we cross water? Why? Why would we need to make a few decisions? Why should we wait 30 days?

I just want someone to find this sucker! Lets get to the bottom of it.....!

Ready go!

Fenn also just called out A Gypsys Kiss and said that the chest can be found with JUST THE POEM..... If you had just the poem would you need to see a "hidden" picture in the books?...The answer is no......

Post facts.....questions....

I believe it is in Santa Fe.It is the only place Fenn would want to rest forever.As someone else has pointed out Fenn is wealthy and has no business in Santa Fe. He could have moved any where on earth, and if this spot was so special he would have moved there already.

Santa Fe is where he brought his family, he wanted to start over, forget the war, he started two businesses , the second, the Gallery ,was enormously successful. He raised his daughters there and probably volunteered for local commissions and maybe even coached a bit of little league. He is fascinated by native american culture , the Spanish settlers, and the pioneers and mountain men that came from the east. He believes he is one of them, a pioneer of Santa Fe and he wishes to spend eternity at the great banquet table of history with them.

If you are 8.25 miles north of Santa Fe the chest is hidden.

"It's in the mountains somewhere north of Santa Fe" . The north of Santa Fe, the part with most of the history and cultural diversity that Fenn loves, is in the mountains somewhere. I know because Fenn includes it on his map.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets Assume. .. SidnCharley 580 150,360 06-17-2018, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Mindy
  Lets Just Get Down To It imsunbuddynow 30 7,419 03-14-2017, 12:24 PM
Last Post: Woody Bogg
  Lets focus... romeofoxtrot 34 16,416 06-19-2016, 12:02 PM
Last Post: romeofoxtrot
  Lets just relax and enjoy life. true north 1 706 07-26-2015, 09:39 PM
Last Post: true north
  Tarry Scant...? lets revisit this... glock20 7 3,243 01-25-2015, 10:15 AM
Last Post: njfl
  Lets take a poll,what state do you think the chest is in? pidmt 66 16,123 06-05-2014, 12:24 AM
Last Post: chunks