Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things no one considers
09-13-2018, 08:53 AM,
RE: Things no one considers
(09-13-2018, 07:57 AM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(09-13-2018, 12:39 AM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote: Most of the "places" that the "clues refer to" did exist when he was a kid.

It all depends on the wording of his poem.....it's his poem.....it's his clues. Now all we just have to do is find out what Fenn is "referring" to.

GF,

You seem to have become Captain Obvious lately. Are you OK?

Gluten Free? Girl Friend?
09-13-2018, 10:50 AM,
Things no one considers
Forrest said...

"They’re contiguous. Uh, I knew where I wanted to hide the treasure chest, so, so it was easy for me to, take, put one foot…put down, put one foot down and then step on it to get to the next foot. That’s what I did. But I, but I changed it over…I don’t know how many times, but I…I, I, I looked up the meaning of words. You know we really don’t know what some of our words mean.

So, Forrest says the clues are contiguous and then goes into an explanation that we don't know what many of our words mean. He wants us to understand contiguous.

For the clues to be contiguous they must have a common thread that connects all of them from beginning to end. Forrest also said that he's heard people say that if they could change their life that they would do everything thing the same. Forrest says that's an idiot thing to say and he would change everything just for the sake of new experiences.

So, he knew where he wanted to hide the treasure, but he changed the poem over the 15 years following his cancer diagnosis. I'm sure his life changed very much over those 15 years. Remember, he said that he got better and ruined the story. He had to change the poem.

Then there's this:

"To answer some questions and save others from being asked, I did follow the clues in the poem when I hid the treasure chest, although I hid it before the poem was complete. (Completed?) f"

Forrest's poem is contiguous because it's a metaphor for his life. The clues are contiguous because they follow the path of his life. He hid the treasure before the poem was completed because he's still alive. So, even though he says you can't start in the middle of the poem and find the chest, the chest is hidden in the middle, or more towards the end of the poem because he's still alive.

razyfamily
09-13-2018, 01:00 PM,
(09-13-2018, 10:50 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: Forrest said...

"To answer some questions and save others from being asked, I did follow the clues in the poem when I hid the treasure chest, although I hid it before the poem was complete. (Completed?) f"

Forrest's poem is contiguous because it's a metaphor for his life. The clues are contiguous because they follow the path of his life. He hid the treasure before the poem was completed because he's still alive. So, even though he says you can't start in the middle of the poem and find the chest, the chest is hidden in the middle, or more towards the end of the poem because he's still alive.

I believe that the word he wants us to understand is the word "complete".
09-13-2018, 01:55 PM,
Things no one considers
Complete what? What’s the big picture?

razyfamily
09-13-2018, 07:43 PM,
(09-13-2018, 01:55 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Complete what? What’s the big picture?

Think of something that the poem refers to as being incomplete at the time he hid the chest. Not the poem itself being completed.

An example, although since ruled out by Forrest, would be if a specific dam were under construction, and he intended to use it as WWWH. If he hid the chest before the dam was finished, the poem would not yet be "complete" in its meaning, because the warm waters were not yet halting.

I have identified something similar that could be important to a solve.
09-13-2018, 08:29 PM,
Things no one considers
Well, let’s hear it.

razyfamily
09-13-2018, 09:10 PM,
(09-13-2018, 08:29 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Well, let’s hear it.

Why? Is everyone giving out their solve clues and hints today?

I explained a concept that is consistent with your thread: "Things no one considers". I gave an example that made it clear. If you're just scrounging for other people's work, I'm not interested.
09-13-2018, 11:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-13-2018, 11:34 PM by crazyfamily.)
Things no one considers
Alright, just thought I'd ask. This is no fishing trip.

Incidentally, a few years back we had a canyon with a sweet blaze that will some day be flooded when the dam is built. If the treasure is there it will definitely be a couple thousand years before it's found. Pretty sure we were part of the leveling of the playing field.

razyfamily
09-14-2018, 05:26 AM,
(09-13-2018, 11:05 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Incidentally, a few years back we had a canyon with a sweet blaze that will some day be flooded when the dam is built. If the treasure is there it will definitely be a couple thousand years before it's found. Pretty sure we were part of the leveling of the playing field.

Why would Forrest rule out dams as WWWH because of a dam that was not yet built?
09-14-2018, 07:52 AM,
Things no one considers
Well, I'll have to go back and look at my emails, but at the time it felt like the wording of his announcement applied.

razyfamily