Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things no one considers
09-14-2018, 08:47 AM,
RE: Things no one considers
(09-14-2018, 07:52 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: Well, I'll have to go back and look at my emails, but at the time it felt like the wording of his announcement applied.

Maybe you were one of the people he told WWWH was not a dam before he made it public?
09-14-2018, 08:49 AM,
Things no one considers
Definitely not, but maybe the straw on the camel. Though, I think I know one of the searchers who was.

razyfamily
09-14-2018, 10:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-14-2018, 10:39 AM by crazyfamily.)
Things no one considers
"Is the Blaze one single object? ~ Scout Around

In a word – Yes
I have received a few hundred emails from searchers who are sure they know what the blaze is. Ideas range from a mark on a tree, a rock, a sign, a fire, the side of a bluff, a waterfall, a spot on the head of a horse, a rainbow, and even a live owl that flew away when it was approached.
As a side note: with summer on the close horizon, searchers should review the rules about being safe in the mountains. f
"

Forrest has essentially confirmed to someone that the blaze is in a word.

Alpenglow is a good word. Afterall, summer is on the close horizon. Just where it needs to be for a nice alpenglow.

And this...
"While it’s not impossible to remove the blaze it isn’t feasible to try, and I am certain it’s still there."

https://dalneitzel.com/2014/09/22/the-ni...ment-53358

This...
"Mr. Fenn,
Which direction does the Blaze face? North, South, East or West? Curious. Foxy

I didn’t take a radial off of the blaze Foxy. I’m thinking it may not be any of those directions. f"

The sun has radials, which direction does the sun shine?

And this..."I just stood there as the sun went behind a cloud."

"The common misconception about alpenglow is that it takes place during sunrise or sunset. You see the horizontal glow on the mountains and you assume it’s caused by the sun rising or setting below the horizon and lighting up the peak you are photographing. However, this brilliant red spectacle is not caused by direct sunlight, but by the first or last light from the solar disk and that light reflecting off water and ice particles in the air." - Adorama Learning Center

"Your effort will be worth the cold."

razyfamily
09-14-2018, 12:00 PM,
Interesting observations about Alpenglow. Thanks.
09-15-2018, 09:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-15-2018, 11:45 AM by Gordon Lightfoot.)
(09-13-2018, 07:57 AM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(09-13-2018, 12:39 AM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote: Most of the "places" that the "clues refer to" did exist when he was a kid.

It all depends on the wording of his poem.....it's his poem.....it's his clues. Now all we just have to do is find out what Fenn is "referring" to.

GF,

You seem to have become Captain Obvious lately. Are you OK?

Of course, I'm okay. Other than my boyfriend giving me the old "heave-ho"........That Dirty Rat!! And, he better not try to ring me!! Not after what he said. Just because I won't fly around the world with him.....everything that is worth anything I have here in Texas....except for the Treasure Box of course.. Smile

Hard Come, Easy Go.
09-15-2018, 01:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-15-2018, 01:44 PM by Becky from WV.)
@crazyfamily - A question in your post #14 on this thread that has had me analyzing some stuff for a few days. You asked: "What’s the big picture?" It seems very odd to me that FF would tell us to look at "the big picture". After all the search for the treasure narrows the "picture" more & more ... until it is a tiny size 10" x 10" x 4". I know it has been mentioned before, but could FF have been referencing a movie (as the "big picture")?

Here's the thing. I was adopted by much older parents so their friends & acquaintances were also from a couple generations prior to mine. Well, anyway, one of my mother's best friends was Clark Gable's half sister. She lived somewhere in OH, near Akron I think. We'd go to visit her when I was very young, but basically what I remember is all the pictures of movie stars on walls, tables, & other places ... & me getting to eat on a high stool pushed up to an ironing board that folded down out of a wall. I thought that was the most exciting thing I'd ever seen ... an ironing board hidden in a wall.

She & my mama would converse freely about the goings-on in Hollywood. You know what I mean, what movies were coming out & who the stars were & what they were doing ... just a bunch of gossip. It always bored me. Even the Christmas cards, letters, & phone conversations back & forth between the two ladies were filled with that nonsense (Spencer Tracy, Katherine Hepburn, Jimmy Stewart, Bette Davis, etc).

But here's the thing. They always spoke about what was happening "in the wood" ... the "wood" (of course) being Hollywood. Gable's half sister (I think they had the same dad.) would speak about him & others being back "in the wood" - meaning that they were working on a new movie (a picture). Back then the films & movies were called pictures.

So, crazyfamily, that's my input on this issue. Please give it some thought & tell me what you think. I know it might sound nutty, but one never knows, does one?
09-15-2018, 05:56 PM,
(09-15-2018, 01:42 PM)Becky from WV Wrote: But here's the thing. They always spoke about what was happening "in the wood" ... the "wood" (of course) being Hollywood. Gable's half sister (I think they had the same dad.) would speak about him & others being back "in the wood" - meaning that they were working on a new movie (a picture). Back then the films & movies were called pictures.

So, crazyfamily, that's my input on this issue. Please give it some thought & tell me what you think. I know it might sound nutty, but one never knows, does one?

Interesting twist on "in the wood". Thought provoking, for sure.

I searched at night with a high-powered ultra-violet flashlight for a couple of years hoping the "blaze" would present itself in my target areas. Why? "Wood glass" was used in the past for making ultra-violet lamps. Ultra-violet was also important to my solves for several other reasons at the time. It's a lot less crowded searching at night, by the way. Except for the bears.

However, I have changed my views as to what the blaze might be. Consequently, I wouldn't recommend my technique for those of you who have decided you are at the right spot and just can't find the "blaze" as a last clue or direction. So don't blame me if you decide to waste money and time on a fruitless night search of your area. Smile
09-15-2018, 08:44 PM,
Things no one considers
(09-15-2018, 01:42 PM)Becky from WV Wrote: @crazyfamily - A question in your post #14 on this thread that has had me analyzing some stuff for a few days. You asked: "What’s the big picture?" It seems very odd to me that FF would tell us to look at "the big picture". After all the search for the treasure narrows the "picture" more & more ... until it is a tiny size 10" x 10" x 4". I know it has been mentioned before, but could FF have been referencing a movie (as the "big picture")?

Here's the thing. I was adopted by much older parents so their friends & acquaintances were also from a couple generations prior to mine. Well, anyway, one of my mother's best friends was Clark Gable's half sister. She lived somewhere in OH, near Akron I think. We'd go to visit her when I was very young, but basically what I remember is all the pictures of movie stars on walls, tables, & other places ... & me getting to eat on a high stool pushed up to an ironing board that folded down out of a wall. I thought that was the most exciting thing I'd ever seen ... an ironing board hidden in a wall.

She & my mama would converse freely about the goings-on in Hollywood. You know what I mean, what movies were coming out & who the stars were & what they were doing ... just a bunch of gossip. It always bored me. Even the Christmas cards, letters, & phone conversations back & forth between the two ladies were filled with that nonsense (Spencer Tracy, Katherine Hepburn, Jimmy Stewart, Bette Davis, etc).

But here's the thing. They always spoke about what was happening "in the wood" ... the "wood" (of course) being Hollywood. Gable's half sister (I think they had the same dad.) would speak about him & others being back "in the wood" - meaning that they were working on a new movie (a picture). Back then the films & movies were called pictures.

Well, it certainly belongs on this thread. I've read a few posts that draw connections to movies, and I've wondered about it briefly. My personal feeling is that Forrest hasn't used other treasure hunt concepts or other stories to disguise his chase.

razyfamily
09-15-2018, 10:58 PM,
Things no one considers
"Some searchers overrate the complexity of the search. Knowing about head pressures, foot pounds, acre feet, bible verses, Latin, cubic inches, icons, fonts, charts, graphs, formulas, curved lines, magnetic variation, codes, depth meters, riddles, drones or ciphers, will not assist anyone to the treasure location, although those things have been offered as positive solutions. Excellent research materials are TTOTC, Google Earth, and/or a good map.f"

Excellent research materials: 1) TTOTC - Forrest's memoir that he says is sprinkled with hints that will help solving the clues. 2) Google Earth - an excellent source for exploring our globe from a birds perspective. Google earth draws from historical data and user input for labels and place names. 3) A good map - what makes a map a good map?

Has anyone ever said make sure you take a good map with you. Excuse me sir, do you have any good maps? Are you coming too my party Saturday night? I'll draw you a good map to my house.

Here's my simple thought. What is a good book? So, a good map is a religious map.

razyfamily
09-16-2018, 02:02 AM,
I think that the Big Picture is = Life.