Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things no one considers
09-17-2018, 10:35 AM,
RE: Things no one considers
(09-16-2018, 06:51 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: You don’t suppose that my ovaltine remark is an indication that I know exactly what it says in TTOTC?

razyfamily

But do you know exactly what it means? Do you know what object on the ground is in the shape of an oval and is mounted "on something"? And that it is at a "key" location?
"Sometimes treasures are not gold, sometimes riches are not gold, sometimes a trove is not gold, and sometimes even gold is not gold."
09-17-2018, 10:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-17-2018, 10:45 AM by crazyfamily.)
Things no one considers
(09-17-2018, 10:35 AM)trigace Wrote:
(09-16-2018, 06:51 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: You don’t suppose that my ovaltine remark is an indication that I know exactly what it says in TTOTC?

razyfamily

But do you know exactly what it means? Do you know what object on the ground is in the shape of an oval and is mounted "on something"? And that it is at a "key" location?

Please see post #32. I'm not interested in interpreting things that are proposed by other searchers.

razyfamily
09-17-2018, 05:11 PM,
(09-16-2018, 10:05 AM)trigace Wrote: You need Google Earth to see the Big Pitcher. The pitcher has a handle and also looks like a cup or a bell.

"And I swear that cup all but covered her whole face."
"For Whom the Bell Tolls."

Fenn has a bell attached to the top of a wooden post sitting in his backyard.

Fenn said something like, "A good plan can end in a poor execution." If you spell poor as "pour" it can refer to a pitcher or cup pouring out its liquid. The big pitcher image, as viewed from the direction of the clue solution, shows the pitcher on its end, with the handle straight up in a pouring position.

You need the "big picture" of Google Earth to see the many other images Fenn describes in the search area. Even a good map won't show many of them.

maybe big picture could be a tall picture

like maybe 6 feet 6 inches give or take

09-17-2018, 05:24 PM,
You need the "big picture" of Google Earth to see the many other images Fenn describes in the search area. Even a good map won't show many of them.

Yes
09-17-2018, 07:06 PM,
(09-17-2018, 05:11 PM)Chris Yates Wrote:
(09-16-2018, 10:05 AM)trigace Wrote: You need Google Earth to see the Big Pitcher. The pitcher has a handle and also looks like a cup or a bell.

"And I swear that cup all but covered her whole face."
"For Whom the Bell Tolls."

Fenn has a bell attached to the top of a wooden post sitting in his backyard.

Fenn said something like, "A good plan can end in a poor execution." If you spell poor as "pour" it can refer to a pitcher or cup pouring out its liquid. The big pitcher image, as viewed from the direction of the clue solution, shows the pitcher on its end, with the handle straight up in a pouring position.

maybe big picture could be a tall picture

like maybe 6 feet 6 inches give or take

The "big pitcher" in my area is over 800 feet long by 400 feet high. It also looks like a bell
"Sometimes treasures are not gold, sometimes riches are not gold, sometimes a trove is not gold, and sometimes even gold is not gold."