Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wait, so...FF sleeps with searchers?
10-03-2018, 12:17 AM,
RE: Wait, so...FF sleeps with searchers?
it might be helpful to clarify what #MeToo is about.

sexual assault. which is a crime. and which was a crime before #MeToo

and so #MeToo is also about emboldening those who have been victims of this crime to not be afraid to let it be known

sexual assault is certainly something to be outraged about

what #MeToo is not about is people sleeping together or having affairs

personally I don't immerse myself in someone else's sexual affairs and get outraged over it

but if that float's someone else's boat. ok

if someone is a victim of sexual assault, please go to the authorities so the perp faces justice and potentially another victim might be saved

10-03-2018, 12:24 AM,
(10-03-2018, 12:17 AM)Chris Yates Wrote: it might be helpful to clarify what #MeToo is about.

sexual assault. which is a crime. and which was a crime before #MeToo

and so #MeToo is also about emboldening those who have been victims of this crime to not be afraid to let it be known

sexual assault is certainly something to be outraged about

what #MeToo is not about is people sleeping together or having affairs

personally I don't immerse myself in someone else's sexual affairs and get outraged over it

but if that float's someone else's boat. ok

if someone is a victim of sexual assault, please go to the authorities so the perp faces justice and potentially another victim might be saved

Simplistically, on the face of it, it's two consenting adults sleeping with each other. However, there are power dynamics involved here if Fenn were to have sex with female searchers that do indeed raise big ethical concerns.
10-03-2018, 01:23 AM,
As far as I know, the one individual who has claimed to have slept with Fenn stated that it was a true affair on her part, she was in love with him at the time, no quid pro quos were expected, and none were received.

Based on that statement, I concluded it is/was none of my business, and I have not let it affect my opinion of the chase itself. Others have a very different conclusion, including perhaps the searcher involved, although that may have been because of other women who made claims of Fenn flirtations and/or sexual advances that were not fulfilled. Many of those claims have not been fully shared with the chase community, however.

I am not sure why Mindy has emphasized "intent doesn't matter". A large part of our criminal justice system says intent does matter, reflecting our societal beliefs in general. I would argue that Fenn's actions generally are/were intended by him anyway. Maybe he has made a comment that he didn't (Kavanaugh didn't?) intend something that I am not aware of.

On the other hand, it is often said that "the path to hell is paved with good intentions", so lack of intent could well lead in the same direction.

Favoritism, to the extent it exists, does not seem to have resulted in a favored person finding the chest after eight years of searching. Yes, it probably saved favored searchers money and time if they were warned away from an area or recommended to an area. So there may be an uneven playing field for the searchers. If that bothers you, I suggest you don't participate any further. Otherwise, put on your big boy pants or big girl pants and carry on. Life ain't fair.

By the way, I think that Fenn puts some searchers at a disadvantage, whether intentional or not. The most famous instance is where he apparently said that Stephanie had been within 6 feet, adjusted to 12 feet the next day, of the treasure. Later on he stated that it was unlikely that a searcher would be within 12 feet and not find the treasure. Maybe she was within 12 feet, but she would have had to retrace many prior searches, at great cost to find it. In my opinion, Fenn was using double-speak with some other meaning intended, such as "Mark Twain" for 12 feet. So unless you know what he is really saying, his hints can prove meaningless or be deceptive.

The next most famous instance is his communications about White Knight's proposed solution, which uses a Lewis and Clark cipher. White Knight is convinced that Fenn has endorsed his conceptual solution, based on past comments. So WK is completely stuck on his one technique and partial solve. I think he is wrong for a number of reasons (some previously posted) but he won't listen. I think Fenn has made it impossible for WK to move on.
10-03-2018, 01:23 AM,
(10-02-2018, 11:58 PM)HalloweenCandy Wrote:
(10-02-2018, 11:16 PM)dude here Wrote: HC, it's none of your business, but what are you looking for? Details like dates, places, positions, costumes, etc? I don't see how all this could help with your search.

Gosh, "dude"...I don't know. I mean, I just CAN'T IMAGINE, in this day and age with constant accounts of sexual abuses of power by the likes of Les Moonves, Brett Kavanaugh, Harvey Weinstein, etc, why it would matter to a woman if the ringleader of a well-known treasure hunt is taking advantage of female searchers. I just can't fathom why she'd be interested or bring it up at all! After all, it's "none of her business..."

SMH

You're just spreading rumors and making stuff up. How did he "take advantage of female searchers"? If some broad offers to give a guy a bj, how is he taking advantage of her?

He didn't ask you to search for his treasure.
10-03-2018, 04:25 AM,
@HC Don't compare Fenn to any of those other weasels. I doubt if any of those accusations about Fenn are true, but if they are, well then more power to him!
10-03-2018, 08:06 AM,
I think some of the more detailed threads were deleted. I found no reason to doubt what I read. Some fighter jocks actually fit the stereotype.
10-03-2018, 09:47 AM,
Further proof that this chase will never be without scandal.
Question is: If someone was writing a book on the chase would this be something that should be included? If there's a wiki page for Fenn's Treasure, would you include this?

I think it is.
Usually a person isn't a liar and a deceiver in just one thing in life. Typically its weaved in their personality and presents itself in all aspects.
So, if you find someone dishonest about one thing, it could lead to finding they were dishonest about other things.
Could that one thing be the treasure?
Could it be its location?
Some call Fenn a jokester. So, could he have written the poem on opposite day?

I know one thing.
Fenn should have die after releasing the book or should have waited until his death to do so.
The chase is now muddled waters.
10-03-2018, 10:07 AM,
Wait, so...FF sleeps with searchers?
Pyramus:
O grim-looked night! O night with hue so black!

O night, which ever art when day is not!
O night, O night! Alack, alack, alack,
I fear my Thisbe’s promise is forgot!—
And thou, O Wall, O sweet, O lovely Wall,
That stand’st between her father’s ground and mine.

Thou Wall, O Wall, O sweet and lovely Wall,
Show me thy chink to blink through with mine eyne!

Wall holds up fingers as a chink

Thanks, courteous Wall. Jove shield thee well for this!
But what see I? No Thisbe do I see.
O wicked Wall through whom I see no bliss!

Cursed be thy stones for thus deceiving me!

razyfamily
10-03-2018, 10:26 AM,
(10-03-2018, 01:23 AM)dude here Wrote:
(10-02-2018, 11:58 PM)HalloweenCandy Wrote:
(10-02-2018, 11:16 PM)dude here Wrote: HC, it's none of your business, but what are you looking for? Details like dates, places, positions, costumes, etc? I don't see how all this could help with your search.

Gosh, "dude"...I don't know. I mean, I just CAN'T IMAGINE, in this day and age with constant accounts of sexual abuses of power by the likes of Les Moonves, Brett Kavanaugh, Harvey Weinstein, etc, why it would matter to a woman if the ringleader of a well-known treasure hunt is taking advantage of female searchers. I just can't fathom why she'd be interested or bring it up at all! After all, it's "none of her business..."

SMH

You're just spreading rumors and making stuff up. How did he "take advantage of female searchers"? If some broad offers to give a guy a bj, how is he taking advantage of her?

He didn't ask you to search for his treasure.

LOL some of you guys are so brainwashed by fenn. Im not saying he forced anything, I am saying he cheated on his wife. HUGE sign of a weasel in real life/liar/cheat. Would you drop your kids off with a guy that cheats on his wife? Lol some of you guys are hilarious. Bunch of toothless grins in this hunt. Fenn if you read this and you cheated on your wife with a searcher youre a SCUMBAG. Later!
10-03-2018, 11:20 AM,
And the moral to this story for the Christians in the crowd:

The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in adultery; and making her stand before all of them, they said to him, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the very act of committing adultery. Now in the law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” They said this to test him, so that they might have some charge to bring against him. Jesus bent down and wrote with his finger on the ground. When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let anyone among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.”

And once again he bent down and wrote on the ground. When they heard it, they went away, one by one, beginning with the elders; and Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him. Jesus straightened up and said to her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?” She said, “No one, sir.” And Jesus said, “Neither do I condemn you. Go your way, and from now on do not sin again.” (From the Book of John, Chapter 8)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wait, don't tell me AccountAtAGlance 8 1,756 01-17-2018, 12:25 AM
Last Post: dampenedmyth
  Wait! Back to the museum! TrapperJ 12 2,880 10-31-2017, 05:16 PM
Last Post: BLHamrick
  Searchers Clues to other Searchers 93 25,760 12-27-2016, 08:19 PM
Last Post: geydelkon
  Do I buy the book? Or wait on others to post free clues for me Code Fenn 21 8,518 04-27-2016, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  Therell be no "paddle" up your creek - Wait, what? tomwhat 26 7,263 08-05-2014, 10:37 PM
Last Post: chunks