Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Really Interesting Clues found on a BOTG including "Blaze" PHOTOS!
10-11-2018, 11:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-11-2018, 12:13 PM by DeltaDuo.)
Some Really Interesting Clues found on a BOTG including "Blaze" PHOTOS!
I am not a serious searcher, but I did take a BOTG trip to NM with a lifelong friend of mine. The trip was an excuse to hang out again after many years. We didn't expect to find anything, but did search an area that others have searched in the past. I just wanted to share a couple of "clues" we found as we poked around. I would say we view these as coincidence, but they definitely gave us some goosebumps at the time.

We were hiking along and found the "Blaze". (Edit: I forgot to address the date of the carving, and the possibility of it being a trick by another searcher. The carving is dated 1974. There are many names carved on the rock and many of those are dated. By comparing the weathering and the lichen growth, I believe this date is legit. This "blaze" was here long before the hunt.)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lai8iotefj1key...3.jpg?dl=0

I can tell you that got the hearts racing a little. After looking around quite a bit, we decided that maybe the writing wasn't the blaze, but directs you to the blaze. We decided to follow the bearing of the arrow. This took us through some rugged terrain. After quite some distance we found the unique rock placed upon the boulder. You could tell from the weathering pattern on the boulder, under the rock, that it has been there for some years.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1jk3y29evmhpl7...1.png?dl=0

We continued to follow the bearing until we came to a feature in the terrain that blocks further travel. We were still directly in line with the rock marker, and the arrow of the blaze.

What we found next was just too crazy! There in a rock, with no other markings around, was a peace sign carved in the rock! (My phone battery died, so my friend has a photo on his phone. I can post later.) How could that many elements of the poem line up in one area, all while looking specifically for the treasure? This also gave me another perspective on "go in peace."

As I mentioned before, I think we view this as coincidence, but my gosh it made the trip fun! There was another feature present that gave me a possible perspective on "tarry scant, marvel gaze" that I may share later.

We looked around for about an hour and had to leave. Beautiful area. What do you all think? Coincidence? Too Obvious? Or is this a place to be searching?
10-11-2018, 11:32 AM,
RE: Some Really Interesting Clues found on a BOTG including "Blaze"
Hey @DeltaDuo,

That certainly would have got my heart racing, as well!

After reading your post, my first thought was that it's "too obvious," but that's not to say it's not correct. If you can somehow prove that the "Blaze" rock and the "go in peace" rock were there prior to the chase starting in 2010, not just a jaded previous searcher muddying the waters for other future searchers by carving it himself, I would actually go so far to say you likely have found the right spot!

I would guess it is likely a previous searcher playing a very mean trick on others, but I wouldn't give up on the spot until you can prove it one way or the other (especially if it's in a very remote area you feel has possibly never been searched before by others).

Best of luck!

MM
Have you ever solved a $50,000 arm chair treasure hunt, went to the exact spot it was at in Hot Springs, Arkansas to retrieve it, look at the exact rock it was under, and then decide to instead walk over it on two different occasions? Well, I have.
10-11-2018, 11:35 AM,
RE: Some Really Interesting Clues found on a BOTG including "Blaze" PHOTOS!
Nice rock!

You may be on to something. It's worth more investigation for sure.
10-11-2018, 11:38 AM,
RE: Some Really Interesting Clues found on a BOTG including "Blaze"
(10-11-2018, 11:32 AM)minotaur_moreno Wrote: Hey @DeltaDuo,

That certainly would have got my heart racing, as well!

After reading your post, my first thought was that it's "too obvious," but that's not to say it's not correct. If you can somehow prove that the "Blaze" rock and the "go in peace" rock were there prior to the chase starting in 2010, not just a jaded previous searcher muddying the waters for other future searchers by carving it himself, I would actually go so far to say you likely have found the right spot!

I would guess it is likely a previous searcher playing a very mean trick on others, but I wouldn't give up on the spot until you can prove it one way or the other (especially if it's in a very remote area you feel has possibly never been searched before by others).

Best of luck!

MM

Hey MM,
Thanks for the reply. So the date of the "blaze" carving was foremost on our minds. It is actually dated 1974. That obviously means nothing, but in light of the weathering and lichen growth in relation to other dated carvings on the rock, I would say it was accurate. I have no doubt that the carving pre-dates the search and is therefore not a trick from a searcher. However, either Forrest would have had to have carved it originally because it is a place he has visited, or just seen it over the years as he visited. Very interesting that it isn't just a name. The arrow makes it significant as a marker. (if not part of the hunt).
10-11-2018, 11:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-11-2018, 11:58 AM by filmguy.)
HAHAHAHAHA
That's not my work, but I've done very similar things out there.
I'm part of a community that posts our "blazes" left on trips, but this is one I haven't seen before.

Special Note: The number of f's or ff's out there are in the (estimated) thousands.
10-11-2018, 12:09 PM,
(10-11-2018, 11:58 AM)filmguy Wrote: HAHAHAHAHA
I'm part of a community that posts our "blazes" left on trips, but this is one I haven't seen before.

Special Note: The number of f's or ff's out there are in the (estimated) thousands.

its a shame someone would stoop to that level and mark false blazes ,and possibly cost some one money,effort and false hope,but what goes around comes around
10-11-2018, 12:09 PM,
(10-11-2018, 11:58 AM)filmguy Wrote: HAHAHAHAHA

I am sure of there are so many false blazes and other clues out there that other searchers have left. I do know two things. One is that this carving pre-dates the poem. This is evidenced by the weathering, lichen growth, and the inscription. This is in relation to many other names carved on the same rock, and the corresponding dates.

This is also an area that Forrest visited. I have no doubt that Forrest has at least walked past this rock.

I am not trying to convince anyone that this is the blaze, because if I really believed it, I would be there now searching.
10-11-2018, 12:18 PM,
In the small chance of helping, I pose a question. If you wanted to try to figure out if f carved the BLAZE, do people carve letters similar to their own handwriting? Check his non cursive handwriting.
I think that will do the trick!
10-11-2018, 12:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-11-2018, 12:28 PM by DeltaDuo.)
(10-11-2018, 12:18 PM)fundamental design Wrote: In the small chance of helping, I pose a question. If you wanted to try to figure out if f carved the BLAZE, do people carve letters similar to their own handwriting? Check his non cursive handwriting.

Great idea to identify as Forrest's. If it was indeed Forrest's carving it would seem very significant. If it wasn't originally Forrest's, it could still be possible that Forrest noticed it years ago and used it as one of his clues. The alignment of the clues is pretty strange. Any idea where I could find an image of Forrest's writings? I had a copy of the TOTC in my hands but no longer have it, and can't remember if it had any images like that.
10-11-2018, 12:30 PM,
OMG do you think Forrest would make it that easy and ruin a masterpiece?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you have been wise and found the blaze...?? Gordon Lightfoot 8 1,684 09-22-2018, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Fgump
  I found something VERY interesting... intheknow 39 6,580 09-06-2018, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Becky from WV
  Question for those who have found the Blaze Mr.X 16 3,736 04-22-2018, 07:28 AM
Last Post: whatiff
  A couple of interesting videos I found Billy bones 10 2,346 10-22-2017, 12:02 AM
Last Post: The Count
  Accidentally found something interesting. cdpsealer 28 7,288 10-06-2017, 10:36 AM
Last Post: FlyingDutchman
Question Found the rainbow, the cold, wwwh, blaze SOLVED DeeepThnkr 11 8,905 07-04-2017, 03:10 PM
Last Post: dejoka