Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Really Interesting Clues found on a BOTG including "Blaze" PHOTOS!
10-11-2018, 12:43 PM,
RE: Some Really Interesting Clues found on a BOTG including "Blaze" PHOTOS!
I’ll check around and let you know. Give me some time.
I think that will do the trick!
10-11-2018, 12:51 PM,
(10-11-2018, 12:24 PM)DeltaDuo Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 12:18 PM)fundamental design Wrote: In the small chance of helping, I pose a question. If you wanted to try to figure out if f carved the BLAZE, do people carve letters similar to their own handwriting? Check his non cursive handwriting.

Great idea to identify as Forrest's. If it was indeed Forrest's carving it would seem very significant. If it wasn't originally Forrest's, it could still be possible that Forrest noticed it years ago and used it as one of his clues. The alignment of the clues is pretty strange. Any idea where I could find an image of Forrest's writings? I had a copy of the TOTC in my hands but no longer have it, and can't remember if it had any images like that.

There is some "hand lettering" in TTOTC that might or might not be Forrest's that identifies people in pictures (Lanier School photo, family fishing two-page spread, "my brother being Skippy", etc) and some hand lettering at the bottom of the 37 millimeter rockets photo (which is slightly different). The lettering uses block capitals, so your rock carving could be "consistent".

However, these more likely have been done by a graphic artist, especially because there is photoshopping/copying of the lettering in the family fishing photos to duplicate "FATHER" several times, for example.
10-11-2018, 12:58 PM,
Just because they are not Fenn's blaze doesn't mean that aren't someone elses.
So, technically there is no such thing about a "false blaze"
Everyone has his or her our own "call sign" or "x was here," including Forrest.

Some may not prefer to leave any traces, while others do.
Sure beats those leaving trash. I'm always cleaning up trash found, including caches.

All searchers/hikers/adventures are different.
10-11-2018, 01:22 PM,
(10-11-2018, 12:51 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 12:24 PM)DeltaDuo Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 12:18 PM)fundamental design Wrote: In the small chance of helping, I pose a question. If you wanted to try to figure out if f carved the BLAZE, do people carve letters similar to their own handwriting? Check his non cursive handwriting.

Great idea to identify as Forrest's. If it was indeed Forrest's carving it would seem very significant. If it wasn't originally Forrest's, it could still be possible that Forrest noticed it years ago and used it as one of his clues. The alignment of the clues is pretty strange. Any idea where I could find an image of Forrest's writings? I had a copy of the TOTC in my hands but no longer have it, and can't remember if it had any images like that.

There is some "hand lettering" in TTOTC that might or might not be Forrest's that identifies people in pictures (Lanier School photo, family fishing two-page spread, "my brother being Skippy", etc) and some hand lettering at the bottom of the 37 millimeter rockets photo (which is slightly different). The lettering uses block capitals, so your rock carving could be "consistent".

However, these more likely have been done by a graphic artist, especially because there is photoshopping/copying of the lettering in the family fishing photos to duplicate "FATHER" several times, for example.

Thanks. I actually found several images online that include FF's hand writing. The jars also have writing, but I would say they are all inconclusive.
10-11-2018, 04:19 PM,
My only comment would be the carving of the date differs from the word blaze and the arrow. I don't think they are connected. The word blaze, and the arrow, are much deeper, and sharper than the date of 1974.

I am not saying this is not pointing to the blaze, who knows, but the date next to it is not relevant in my opinion.

Cruiser likes Mustard FJ40's, do you?
10-11-2018, 04:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-11-2018, 04:57 PM by pidmt.)
(10-11-2018, 12:58 PM)filmguy Wrote: Just because they are not Fenn's blaze doesn't mean that aren't someone elses.
So, technically there is no such thing about a "false blaze"
Everyone has his or her our own "call sign" or "x was here," including Forrest.

Some may not prefer to leave any traces, while others do.
Sure beats those leaving trash. I'm always cleaning up trash found, including caches.

All searchers/hikers/adventures are different.

you are leaving graffiti and damaging ,rocks trees ,so forth,you would do that in a national forest or park,its disgusting or even private property ,how would you like it if someone left their mark lets say on your car , you would have a different attitude then, what you are doing is plain wrong,1st thing you would do is call the police and try to find out who did it ,your wrong Toby, by the way if there are thousands of ff blazes out there some are false
10-12-2018, 07:25 AM,
I get how some rocks are listed as landmarks as they are very unique, but damaging rocks? Come on, that's like saying you're damaging nature because you're mowing your grass. Another note, national forests won't be listed as "national" forever. Communities and governments fall and another one comes in, chances are a very good "mark" on a rock will outlast this government. So, what may be "illegal" today, will become another government's "national landmark." They may call it the ff rock or something. So, you're argument is opinionated and subjective.

And yes, I have seen real-life pictures of "graffiti" carved on trees by f.
10-12-2018, 07:51 AM,
(10-12-2018, 07:25 AM)filmguy Wrote: I get how some rocks are listed as landmarks as they are very unique, but damaging rocks? Come on, that's like saying you're damaging nature because you're mowing your grass. Another note, national forests won't be listed as "national" forever. Communities and governments fall and another one comes in, chances are a very good "mark" on a rock will outlast this government. So, what may be "illegal" today, will become another government's "national landmark." They may call it the ff rock or something. So, you're argument is opinionated and subjective.

And yes, I have seen real-life pictures of "graffiti" carved on trees by f.

i would pay good money to see a park ranger or officer see you carving into a rock or tree, when he or she confronts you thats when your eyes would get big as hubcaps, then you can try to tell them all the excuses you have posted here,but your plea will be for nothing ,they will enforce the law,you may even get a small vacation paid for by the state,
10-12-2018, 08:59 AM,
Its a lot of forest out there to cover for a very short staff.
In all of my years hiking and chase hunting I've never ran into a Ranger outside of the parking lot.
I'm sure they do venture out. I even have a Ranger at the very top of my list as someone who would most likely find the chest. Think about it, would you rather do your job for 40K a year or look like you are doing your job, but you're looking for Fenn's treasure.

Carving into a rock or tree doesn't take more than a minute when you have a battery powered engraving pen.
10-12-2018, 11:34 AM,
Toby your an outstanding grown up,do you teach your kids ,or grandchildren to vandalize also, your the kind of guy where karma will bite you,if you dont get caught by the officers i can only imagine a big bear teaching you the way of the forest,or maybe a big mountain lion named George ,i guess you can use your battery powered engraving pen in self defense, for the last time

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you have been wise and found the blaze...?? Gordon Lightfoot 8 1,654 09-22-2018, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Fgump
  I found something VERY interesting... intheknow 39 6,321 09-06-2018, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Becky from WV
  Question for those who have found the Blaze Mr.X 16 3,706 04-22-2018, 07:28 AM
Last Post: whatiff
  A couple of interesting videos I found Billy bones 10 2,322 10-22-2017, 12:02 AM
Last Post: The Count
  Accidentally found something interesting. cdpsealer 28 7,249 10-06-2017, 10:36 AM
Last Post: FlyingDutchman
Question Found the rainbow, the cold, wwwh, blaze SOLVED DeeepThnkr 11 8,864 07-04-2017, 03:10 PM
Last Post: dejoka