Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Really Interesting Clues found on a BOTG including "Blaze" PHOTOS!
10-12-2018, 12:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-12-2018, 12:09 PM by filmguy.)
RE: Some Really Interesting Clues found on a BOTG including "Blaze" PHOTOS!
Sounds very graphic and sounds like you wish physical harm upon me.
Vandalism (your words) doesn't harm anybody. Harms their property yes, but not physical harm. That's quite the escalation there.

Speaking of which, vandalism implies destruction of property.
Who can own a tree? Who can own a rock?
Who can own a blade of grass?
Well, who other than the person who's name is on it Smile

Going back on topic, I take it you don't approve of the picture.
I think this was recently done. If this was actually 40+ years old the edges would be a lot smoother and worn.
Given the location and the unlikely coincidence of "blaze" this was most likely done by a searcher.
10-12-2018, 12:30 PM,
(10-12-2018, 12:04 PM)filmguy Wrote: Sounds very graphic and sounds like you wish physical harm upon me.
Vandalism (your words) doesn't harm anybody. Harms their property yes, but not physical harm. That's quite the escalation there.

Speaking of which, vandalism implies destruction of property.
Who can own a tree? Who can own a rock?
Who can own a blade of grass?
Well, who other than the person who's name is on it Smile

Going back on topic, I take it you don't approve of the picture.
I think this was recently done. If this was actually 40+ years old the edges would be a lot smoother and worn.
Given the location and the unlikely coincidence of "blaze" this was most likely done by a searcher.

no i wish no harm on you ,but i have seen it a hundred times ,someone thinks their above the law or have no morals ,and next thing you know karma strikes ,they get run over by a big rig truck,thats just how this world works,what makes me laugh is your admitting to harming property no escalation at all,
10-12-2018, 02:53 PM,
Personally, I'd be on the lookout for the bear. They can easily sneak up behind you while you are carving whatever into your/their rocks. So be careful out there, people. It's a cruel world, and karma can be a bitch!

Smile
10-12-2018, 06:22 PM,
(10-12-2018, 08:59 AM)filmguy Wrote: Carving into a rock or tree doesn't take more than a minute when you have a battery powered engraving pen.

i want one

10-14-2018, 04:29 PM,
so I have a question. was this search near a WWWH? you mentioned the area has been searched before, just curious if a legitimate WWWH is near.

Cruiser likes Mustard FJ40's, do you?
Yesterday, 08:41 AM,
(10-14-2018, 04:29 PM)93cruiser Wrote: so I have a question. was this search near a WWWH? you mentioned the area has been searched before, just curious if a legitimate WWWH is near.

There are some WWWH not too far away. I don't feel like I had a strong HOB, although other experienced searchers have been in this area, so I assume they had a HOB.

There was a strong "water's high, in the wood, and no place for the meed."

As strange as the "blaze" we found was the peace sign.
Yesterday, 09:04 AM,
Luckily all my solves are nowhere near known bear country.
Personally, if your solve puts you in that territory, find another solve.
I don't see Fenn putting the chest in known bear territory and then calling all children to get off the couch and go looking for it. Yet, some claim Fenn to be a cruel man, so maybe he did.
Yesterday, 09:12 AM,
(Yesterday, 09:04 AM)filmguy Wrote: Luckily all my solves are nowhere near known bear country.
Personally, if your solve puts you in that territory, find another solve.
I don't see Fenn putting the chest in known bear territory and then calling all children to get off the couch and go looking for it. Yet, some claim Fenn to be a cruel man, so maybe he did.

You obviously aren't from the Rocky Mountain west. I suspected that as you displayed ignorance about defacing elements in nature. Almost every possible area withing the bounds of the chase is within bear country. That being said, the likelihood that you will ever see one or be attacked by one is slim. I have seen two this year, one cub in Yellowstone and one I encountered at about 30 yards in CO, as I was mountain biking.
Yesterday, 11:45 AM,
Well I think the chest is in the "Rockies" by technicality, but isn't really in a "wilderness" area (at least not to the extreme where you're looking behind your back constantly).

Funny thing about nature, it defaces its own elements.
Funny thing about wildlife, they too deface elements in nature.
So does wind, rain, gravity, etc.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you have been wise and found the blaze...?? Gordon Lightfoot 8 1,654 09-22-2018, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Fgump
  I found something VERY interesting... intheknow 39 6,321 09-06-2018, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Becky from WV
  Question for those who have found the Blaze Mr.X 16 3,706 04-22-2018, 07:28 AM
Last Post: whatiff
  A couple of interesting videos I found Billy bones 10 2,322 10-22-2017, 12:02 AM
Last Post: The Count
  Accidentally found something interesting. cdpsealer 28 7,249 10-06-2017, 10:36 AM
Last Post: FlyingDutchman
Question Found the rainbow, the cold, wwwh, blaze SOLVED DeeepThnkr 11 8,864 07-04-2017, 03:10 PM
Last Post: dejoka