Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The inside Scoop
10-30-2018, 05:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-30-2018, 05:03 AM by antigroove.)
RE: The inside Scoop
(10-30-2018, 04:54 AM)astree Wrote: “Fenn said to the Searcher "There are no hints or clues in any of the drawings"”

I dont think it ultomately makes a difference as far as the Chase, but Id be ce curious as to Forrests exact wording. Hes extremely clever, often slipping things past searchers, even Preston, who is also very smart.

cause even with the quote as provided, i see “NO HINTS” in “aNy Of THe drawINgS”. But clues wouldnt work, if thats what he actually said.

Or maybe there are clues but he said there arent. Or maybe there are but he said there arent.

Best just stick to the puzzle.

Or he was referring to the original drawings, like the one he auctioned off, and not the marked-up versions that made it into the book.
10-30-2018, 05:15 AM,
(10-30-2018, 05:02 AM)antigroove Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 04:54 AM)astree Wrote: “Fenn said to the Searcher "There are no hints or clues in any of the drawings"”

I dont think it ultomately makes a difference as far as the Chase, but Id be ce curious as to Forrests exact wording. Hes extremely clever, often slipping things past searchers, even Preston, who is also very smart.

cause even with the quote as provided, i see “NO HINTS” in “aNy Of THe drawINgS”. But clues wouldnt work, if thats what he actually said.

Or maybe there are clues but he said there arent. Or maybe there are but he said there arent.

Or he was referring to the original drawings, like the one he auctioned off, and not the marked-up versions that made it into the book.

Quite possible.

More so, does “any of the drawings” include the DRAWING in the poem?
=====

“enough confidence in A MAVERICK”
“enough confidence in CAVE I MARK”

https://www.allmovie.com/movie/v46056

“Poetry is the art of saying what you mean but disguising it”
10-30-2018, 05:21 AM,
The inside Scoop
(10-30-2018, 05:02 AM)antigroove Wrote:

@astree and @antigroove,

I agree with both of you. I would also like to know the exact wording. I would have liked to examine the original drawings and compare them to the drawings in the book. There are some very tiny things that I don’t know the searcher who did actually get to compare would know to look for. AND, who’s to say he didn’t add his little markings to the original drawings?

So, he could pass off the originals as the artist’s work, and if the artist did 99% of the drawing, would the drawings still be by Polt? According to F’s “pottery logic,” they would. His 1% addition of “cement” doesn’t make it a “fake.” (Some of you might not know what I’m referring to—in an article F had on his blog before the chase, he tells the story that when interrogated about a “fake” piece of pottery that was sold to an unsuspecting customer, he said that the more significant portion of the pot was original, and the smaller amount of cement was used to make the pot more aesthetically appealing, if I’m remembering that right.)

So yes, I believe F uses word gymnastics to make one sentence appear like it’s saying something, but in fact actually says something completely different.

People still get the 85-15 % thing wrong, even after F tried to clarify that (in an email that I’ve also posted).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
10-30-2018, 07:05 AM,
(10-30-2018, 05:21 AM)Mindy Wrote: ...People still get the 85-15 % thing wrong, even after F tried to clarify that (in an email that I’ve also posted).

I'm behind on lots of posts, can you provide a link to this 85-15% email post?
------------------------------------------------------------------
"The search is supposed to be fun. f"
10-30-2018, 07:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-30-2018, 07:12 AM by Mindy.)
The inside Scoop
(10-30-2018, 07:05 AM)Milan Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 05:21 AM)Mindy Wrote: ...People still get the 85-15 % thing wrong, even after F tried to clarify that (in an email that I’ve also posted).

I'm behind on lots of posts, can you provide a link to this 85-15% email post?

I will repost it. Give me a little bit to find it.

Here’s the link to the previous thread:

http://www.chasechat.com/showthread.php?...on+writers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
10-30-2018, 07:31 AM,
The inside Scoop
(10-29-2018, 06:15 PM)Mindy Wrote: "If you stick your foot in it, is it warm?" Fenn asked a searcher in a discussion in the Fenn home. The Searcher reports that they answered "NO". Fenn then asked what the Searcher didn't get about Warm Waters.

There is a problem with using this information to solve. The poem says, begin it WHERE warm waters HALT. Just because the waters are or were warm, doesn't give you the WHERE.

razyfamily
10-30-2018, 07:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-30-2018, 08:54 AM by fundamental design.)
(10-30-2018, 07:31 AM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(10-29-2018, 06:15 PM)Mindy Wrote: "If you stick your foot in it, is it warm?" Fenn asked a searcher in a discussion in the Fenn home. The Searcher reports that they answered "NO". Fenn then asked what the Searcher didn't get about Warm Waters.

There is a problem with using this information to solve. The poem says, begin it WHERE warm waters HALT. Just because the waters are or were warm, doesn't give you the WHERE.

razyfamily

Now you are encroaching on my area of expertise...lol. It’s not a problem if there is an ability for you to have already figured out the WHERE previously from the hints. Moreover, confirmation from a later clue.
I think that will do the trick!
10-30-2018, 08:04 AM,
The inside Scoop
(10-30-2018, 07:48 AM)fundamental design Wrote: Now you are encroaching on my area of expertise...lol. It’s not a problem if you have already figured out the WHERE previously from the hints. Moreover, confirmation from a later clue.

I guess it remains to be seen, but I do know this: It doesn't help to stretch a tangent.

razyfamily
10-30-2018, 08:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-30-2018, 08:26 AM by jurassic.)
But surely, people are starting to travel north and realize this post means it can't be in NM or CO. There are lots of warm springs in all 4 states, and there are lots of brown trout. So HOB and WWH can't be a pivot off some feature that ambiguous. I swam in the firehole river...pretty much all the water is warm in Yellowstone...

Slowly, but ever so surely...the poem is only describing one place and you guys on your own are ending up in that space. I can't wait to share the moment with you when you land on the same answer.

There are some spin doctors out of there, with a sense of humor from the FF camp trying to pitch another location (ranch). But that ranch doesn't pair at all with the poem. Nice try fellas. But that narrative is going to make more problems for you than solve. And as to why I haven't released the most important pieces of my information? This is like the game of chess. It's also like the CIA. So my answer...GLOMAR.

For a individual whom is intellectually weak, they might think treasure = right location = poem. But the fact is, that the right location = poem but not have TC there.

THE POEM. THE BIGGEST BLESSING AND CURSE FOR THE OWNER(S).
===================
My posts are rated R,
not rated G.
[Image: avatar_5240.jpg]
10-30-2018, 08:48 AM,
(10-30-2018, 08:20 AM)jurassic Wrote: But the fact is, that the right location = poem but not have TC there.

What do you mean?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Inside a "mine" thrilledtochase 31 4,966 01-25-2018, 10:22 AM
Last Post: thrilledtochase
  Fenn's DNA Hair inside the Chest... glock20 54 29,253 12-12-2017, 09:48 AM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  Blaze inside the poem FollowMeDown 34 7,089 09-28-2017, 02:28 AM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  Seeker, inside the mind of a searcher at work! will197532 4 2,116 06-02-2017, 05:34 AM
Last Post: n2mini
  Inside Indulgence.. woneyedwilly 6 2,555 07-23-2015, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Ricky Nowak