Not logged in. Login - Register


All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
crazy midterms
11-06-2018, 06:22 PM,
#1
crazy midterms
crazy

let's make this an all nighter

and if one of us weeps salty tears of sadness

we'll just throw it in as a bonus warm waters hint connection
Reply
11-06-2018, 06:34 PM,
#2
crazy midterms
I read Nate Silver this morning who said that Democrats have an 86 percent chance of gaining the majority in the House. He said, but would you get on a plane with a 14 percent chance of crashing?

The answer was obvious to me. I thought, this plane has already crashed and were just trying to save ourselves now. If you had a chance to save yourself after a plane crash with a 14 percent chance of failing would you go for help, or wait for fate?

You're on.



razyfamily
Reply
11-06-2018, 06:49 PM,
#3
RE: crazy midterms
86 percent chance of getting the house?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Nate Silver has completely lost his reputation for objectivity and intelligent analysis
Reply
11-06-2018, 09:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-06-2018, 10:15 PM by Chris Yates.)
#4
RE: crazy midterms
tonights drinking game

https://twitter.com/SharylAttkisson/stat...overage%2F



ITS OFFICIAL

mittens is a Senator

damn you , mittens Smile



FOX NEWS PROJECTS DEMS WIN CONTROL OF HOUSE

get out the champagne crazy!!!
Reply
11-06-2018, 10:46 PM,
#5
crazy midterms
Good on y'a, Chris, but I'm much too skeptical to celebrate.

I am happy that those of us who felt the need to go out in search of help, did so. I've stocked those aircraft galleys and I know how little food there is in there. Plus, we all know how the movie ends.



razyfamily
Reply
11-07-2018, 05:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-07-2018, 05:26 AM by Mindy.)
#6
crazy midterms
(11-06-2018, 10:46 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Good on y'a, Chris, but I'm much too skeptical to celebrate.

I am happy that those of us who felt the need to go out in search of help, did so. I've stocked those aircraft galleys and I know how little food there is in there. Plus, we all know how the movie ends.



razyfamily

I’m a little too skeptical to celebrate also.

The thing is, our democracy shouldn’t be this way. NOTHING should be this way. The “ha-ha-we-won-you-lost!” kind of throw it in your face victories and defeats won’t bring our divided country together.


Democrats in the house won’t bring our divided country together.

Only we the people, individually, making a conscious decision to work together toward unity despite disagreements and differing views can bring our country together.

[Image: 9062c3803d5af74abeef33a205d0d14c.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
Reply
11-07-2018, 07:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-07-2018, 07:52 AM by crazyfamily.)
#7
crazy midterms
(11-07-2018, 05:23 AM)Mindy Wrote: I’m a little too skeptical to celebrate also.

The thing is, our democracy shouldn’t be this way. NOTHING should be this way. The “ha-ha-we-won-you-lost!” kind of throw it in your face victories and defeats won’t bring our divided country together.


Democrats in the house won’t bring our divided country together.

Only we the people, individually, making a conscious decision to work together toward unity despite disagreements and differing views can bring our country together.

That's a nice thought, but the problem is the unwillingness to compromise - both on the part of we the people and the representatives of we the people.

Things like religious based initiatives creeping back into legislation make it impossible to compromise. We can't even agree any longer that religion doesn't belong in government.

razyfamily

And now we have a president who thinks he can change the constitution by executive order.

razyfamily
Reply
11-07-2018, 11:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-07-2018, 11:44 AM by crazyfamily.)
#8
crazy midterms
[Image: 7397e895a0b6d1341b0f91ddb1ddc673.png]

...and rightly so. To some students, it is a threat...a clear and credible threat. At our school there were kids who feared being deported or separated from their parents. This isn't a theory that was pushed on them by teachers, it was a threat directly from the president. The school responded with two days of counseling for kids who were suddenly living with this fear. To date, none of them have been deported or separated from their parents, but the fear instilled in them by the president was real and not at all unfounded.



razyfamily
Reply
11-07-2018, 01:58 PM,
#9
RE: crazy midterms
maybe those teachers should spend more time teaching the students the truth and tell them not to believe in irrational fears

it would be a worthwhile endeavor because people who are misinformed or believe in irrational things are more likely to spread falsehoods and further spread fear of the irrational

for starters, explain to them that you don't get deported if you don't break the law

also explain that:

our country has immigration laws, which pretty much all countries understandably do, and those laws have been enforced year after year (which they need to be, since we don't have open borders)

and these laws are being enforced to deport some who entered illegally (rather than following the legal immigration process which is again, necessary, because for any country to have open borders would be batshit insane)

and these laws are the same laws that haven been enforced previously, by the Obama Admin for example which had a HIGH level of deportation during that time

and so there is no need to have an irrational fear if you haven't broken the law. and there is no need to fear something that you didn't fear before, JUST because it might be different people right now implementing those SAME laws

and also let them know that some of the people who try to spread that irrational fear are the same ones who posted images of children sleeping in cages, but not telling people that these images came from detention centers during the OBAMA ADMIN

and so somehow this was all OK during that time, but then suddenly it became an outrage because TRUMP!!!!! see how irrational that is, kids?

and then tell them that, funny enough, since all of a sudden there was outrage over it, the issue did in fact get addressed under the Trump admin. and yet Dems still weren't satisfied (go figure!)
Reply
11-07-2018, 03:13 PM,
#10
RE: crazy midterms
At least the LP gained party status in several states & held it in MO. And MO legalized medical marijuana. Hope I contributed to both by pushing them in candidate fora.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The crazy has already begun! OjoDude 22 4,769 10-03-2017, 03:41 AM
Last Post: AccountAtAGlance
  Im not batshit crazy: everyone else is Desertphile 5 2,067 11-16-2014, 04:40 PM
Last Post: The Lorax
  If you ever ... you just might be a crazy Fenner Milan 14 4,106 09-30-2014, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Desertphile

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Contact Us | ChaseChat - Forrest Fenn's Forum | Return to Top | | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication