Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The 20 Year Anomaly
11-08-2018, 12:48 AM,
The 20 Year Anomaly
He was born in August of 1930.
Diagnosed with cancer in 1988 at the age of 58. He’s told it’s terminal.
He spends probably a few months crafting the poem (initially), intending to bury it with his own body in the mountains.
He claims he hid it in 2010 at the age of “79 or 80” - so probably in the summer of 2010, a month or so before he turned 80.

The anomaly for me is why he waited so long. Why would he wait twenty years to bury it if he was in remission within three?

Does anyone know if Mr. Fenn explained why he waited so long?

Thank you for your cooperation.
11-08-2018, 01:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-08-2018, 01:31 AM by dude here.)
RE: The 20 Year Anomaly
He was initially going to go to his place when the cancer got bad. But he beat it, so he put the treasure hunt on hold. He had other things to do like run his business. At 79 or 80, he decided it was time to do it while he still could.
11-08-2018, 03:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-08-2018, 03:39 AM by TheLastCrusade.)
Too see how much the area changed over time..

Also I believe the poem did take 20 years to construct properly, to make sure he was direct as possible so no one made a wrong turn that was on the correct path.
11-08-2018, 05:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-08-2018, 05:53 AM by astree.)
(11-08-2018, 12:48 AM)Siddhartha Wrote: He was born in August of 1930.
He spends probably a few months crafting the poem (initially), intending to bury it with his own body in the mountains.
He claims he hid it in 2010 at the age of “79 or 80” - so probably in the summer of 2010, a month or so before he turned 80.

He spent about 15 years to write the poem. Im not clear when he began.. maybe he began putting the treasure together at age 58 or 59, but decided to make it a poem hunt later. Maybe the treasure was initially for him to take with him, but he modified the plan when he got better. (By the way, one of the articles online several months ago said he has cancer again).

I dont ever recall that Forrest was going to bury (??) the poem with his body, or even take it with him.
=====

“enough confidence in A MAVERICK”
“enough confidence in CAVE I MARK”

https://www.allmovie.com/movie/v46056

“Poetry is the art of saying what you mean but disguising it”
11-08-2018, 08:28 AM,
The 20 Year Anomaly
(11-08-2018, 12:48 AM)Siddhartha Wrote: He was born in August of 1930.

The anomaly for me is why he waited so long. Why would he wait twenty years to bury it if he was in remission within three?

Does anyone know if Mr. Fenn explained why he waited so long?

Thank you for your cooperation.

I think you can infer the reason from Forrest's writings.

Forrest was sent deep into enemy territory near the end of his tour in Vietnam. He made a pact with a waterfall that passed under his wing, and renewed the pact each time he flew over it. He was shot down on his last mission, spent the night in the jungle and was rescued the next day. The waterfall had kept it's promise to him.

In 1988, Forrest was diagnosed with cancer and given a 20% chance of surviving three years. After a pep talk from Ralph Lauren, Forrest decides to hide the chest. He knew where he wanted to put the chest and when the time was right he would take a lethal dose of sleeping pills and throw his body on the chest.

But Forrest beat the cancer. Remember, Forrest says he doesn't like to do anything for more than 15 years. He sold his gallery after 17 years, and bought San Lazaro Pueblo. So, fast forward another 15 years. Making plans is antagonistic to freedom.

In TTOTC, Forrest recalls his friend, Eric Sloane, who falls over dead on the street just a few weeks after his 80th birthday. Time eventually catches up with you no matter how much you try to ignore it. As Forrest nears his 80th birthday he decides it's time to act.

Forrest says the spot was always the same, and he would find a way to make it work. So, he changed the poem over 15 years and when the time was right, he took indulgence to the spot that is very special to him.

razyfamily
11-08-2018, 03:30 PM,
Very good! Thanks everyone for your input to my question.
11-08-2018, 06:10 PM,
(11-08-2018, 03:32 AM)TheLastCrusade Wrote: Too see how much the area changed over time..

Also I believe the poem did take 20 years to construct properly, to make sure he was direct as possible so no one made a wrong turn that was on the correct path.
Right on the $ Last! Your getting
11-09-2018, 12:51 PM,
(11-08-2018, 06:10 PM)5GIRLS Wrote:
(11-08-2018, 03:32 AM)TheLastCrusade Wrote: Too see how much the area changed over time..

Right on the $ Last! Your getting

I know I am..