Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gypsy Magic
03-10-2014, 04:57 PM,
Gypsy Magic
Thanks SF...I can't imagine doing that sort of job. Once I get sleepy, I'm out.
03-10-2014, 06:42 PM,
Gypsy Magic
http://www.mapquest.com/us/tx/temple/765...-n-main-st

Looks like FF's house is on the corner of Main and Oakland. Cemetery one block north. There are RR tracks both E and W of the house. My guess is the gypsys were near the tracks to the east. "...sometimes I think I can still hear it when the wind is out of the east." Probably near that creek.

Maybe he is saying the blaze is a half mile east of some tracks?
03-10-2014, 06:47 PM,
Gypsy Magic
How many of you good folks think that it's just a co winky dink that TTOTC and TFTW both talk about juniper fires?
03-10-2014, 07:07 PM,
Gypsy Magic

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Buddy Allen on March 10, 2014, 7:47 pm</b>

How many of you good folks think that it's just a co winky dink that TTOTC and TFTW both talk about juniper fires?
</div>

What else did he talk about in both books?
03-11-2014, 09:47 AM,
Gypsy Magic
I think that ff wants us to think about what kind of confident adventurous spirit it takes for a little boy to sneak out of his house alone at all hours of the night. Walk through a cemetery sneak through some fields and hide in the grass like a little peeping Forrest. Someone who did that would be a hero to the kids in "The Sandlot" or "A Christmas Story." His parents were practically Ward and June Cleaver. Thats the same kind of guts/indestructibility it takes to grab a helicopter and go playing behind enemy lines. How much do you have to think like that to understand his little poem?