Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Important Literature - TIME magazine?
03-12-2014, 07:22 AM,
Time magazine might be related to clock-"wise".

03-12-2014, 08:17 AM,
When writing a mystery novel or the beginning of a screen play, etc., the hints of the ending can be hidden in the beginning. I have mentioned before that I believe the first chapter "Important Literature" has subtle hints towards my solution, the most unexpected confirmation for my solution being the Time Magazine.

That said... I 100% believe that, just like Forrest has told us, there is a complete solve within the Poem. I have also said that I don't believe Forrest even had to qualify the search area as being in the mountains north of Santa Fe. It certainly was, in my opinion, a great marketing tool for the Santa Fe area however.

In addition, for me, there is a parallel solution using the book, other research, intuition, etc. and, of course, the Poem. It continues to amaze me how Mr. Fenn has woven all this together.

03-12-2014, 08:41 AM,
RP - to be honest the time magazine really was not a factor in my solution. It is however linked in some respect but too subtle to be of importance. I am interested in your statement "It continues to amaze me how Mr. Fenn has woven all this together." If I had a Canadian nickel (guess where I am from?) for every time I heard that statement - I would not need to find the treasure - lol I often find myself thinking like that and then I have to check myself because I do not want to become another victim of my own demise.

The Wolf
03-12-2014, 10:20 AM,
That is the same problem I am having wolf. I don't know if FF did all this stuff intentionally or it is a weird coincidence. He is either a genius or we are seeing what we want to see.

Chris - Really? We can't catch up? I disagree with you. I will take all bets it is not found this year.
03-12-2014, 10:43 AM,
Sorry, I am new here. I picked up his book at a church book sale a couple of weeks ago. I bought a whole box of books labeled "history" for 5 bucks. One thing I noticed was that he threw the Catcher in the Rye book on top of Time magazine. Catch her ryght on time? Maybe he's talking about a train? Or maybe it has something to do with Time being a periodical. Sorry I am new, you guys look like you've been at this a bit. Peace
03-12-2014, 10:48 AM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Goosfraba on March 12, 2014, 11:43 am</b>

Sorry, I am new here. I picked up his book at a church book sale a couple of weeks ago. I bought a whole box of books labeled "history" for 5 bucks. One thing I noticed was that he threw the Catcher in the Rye book on top of Time magazine. Catch her ryght on time? Maybe he's talking about a train? Or maybe it has something to do with Time being a periodical. Sorry I am new, you guys look like you've been at this a bit. Peace
</div>

Welcome Goosfraba.

Don't apologize. That's some good out of the box thinking. I don't recall anyone else ever coming up with that idea. I've always said the person who finds the treasure will be someone looking at things from a different angle than everyone else.

mdavis19
03-12-2014, 11:30 AM,
The theme of For Whom the Bell Tolls is death. Is death then the starting point of the poem? FF was going to die with the treasure after all.

How is that a starting point of the poem tho?
03-12-2014, 11:59 AM,
Deb, you are so right. He meant for us to read the books. I believe that wholeheartedly. The only read a 1/3 of it and threw it in the trash I think was only telling it like it was for that moment in time. Catcher in the Rye was thrown on the time magazine in the trash but what's under the Time magazine? He already told us he takes books out of the trash.
03-12-2014, 12:15 PM,
the subtle hint for where you start, referring to the book he read 1/3, it is not the kind of hint you try and solve it and you can figure out where you start

it is the kind of hint you will only recognize the nature of it after you have already solved where you start

to solve the what and where of the place you start, the clue is in the poem

as far as hints in the book becoming recognizable after you solve them, Forrest has made statements to this effect

03-12-2014, 12:22 PM,
I believe he read the whole book, For Whom the Bell Tolls and the others he mentions, but he read them in their entirety after he read the Salinger book.