Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Important Literature - TIME magazine?
03-19-2014, 12:12 AM,
What can I say? My solve is based on that little boys imagination. It led me to a location that can not be found otherwise. Sure the poem hints at it but the book confirms it. But, I have no treasure so it could all be imagination. LOL
Shhh they aren't listening.
03-19-2014, 01:50 PM,
Deb it's nice to know that great minds think alike.
01-10-2015, 01:00 PM,
After years of research... even knowing a specific target area (even if you are correct) makes this chest DIFFICULT but not impossible to find, ha! Most of us just need the money and time!!!!!!! I wish I was a true modern day mountain man and took about 2 months over a summer and just camped and hunted for this chest. Can you imagine the beauty you would experience on a daily basis! Smile

I do have fantasies about doing just that... loading up my truck and just camping. Wife, kids, dogs.. if they want to come fine. If not I AM GOING ALONE IN THERE..

05-07-2016, 07:00 PM,
RE: Important Literature - TIME magazine?
IMPORTANT LITERATURE

No one has posted in this thread since January, 2015. I have found a few connections between the different literature that I haven't seen posted here, so I am going to share those with you.

I found a similarity that comes up between some of the literature that is mentioned. "Catcher in the Rye" is set in Manhattan. "The Great Gatsby" takes place in Manhattan. The TIME-Life Building is in Manhattan. Robert Redford lived in a 23 room penthouse in Manhattan from 1998 to 2001.

There is a Manhattan, Colorado. (A ghost town)
There is a Manhattan, Wyoming.
There used to be the Manhattan Project in New Mexico.
And there is a Manhattan, Montana.

The main character in "For Whom The Bell Tolls" is Robert Jordan, who was a Spanish professor from Montana.

It has been mentioned in earlier posts that Robert Redford wrote, "The Outlaw Trail". But that is not the full title of his book. The full title is, "The Outlaw Trail: A Journey Through TIME".

I couldn't find any connections for "Kismet". And it is certainly odd that Fenn's description of the story for "For Whom the Bell Tolls" is really the story-line for "A Farewell to Arms".

Forrest Fenn's friend, Eric Sloan, wrote several books about Bells. Perhaps mentioning "For Whom the Bell Tolls" is a way of remembering his friend. It might be that the content of that book is not important, but the content of "A Farewell to Arms" is important to the search.

None of these statements have been proven to be solid connections (or weak connections, or have any connection) to the hunt. I am just putting them out there for discussion. I appreciate any comments.

Dark necessities are part of my design.
05-18-2016, 10:39 AM,
Fenn is the Great Gatsby.... he's the mysterious guy that no one knows how he truly achieved his wealth and success... Think about this. He flew fighter jets with a high school education and was an awesome pilot earning medals, he was a no-name in the Art Community and became one of the most successful Dealers in Santa Fe during his time...

Kismet...I studied this for a while, and I also couldn't find anything... maybe its about his love for Peggy. Its a wild guess and probably wrong.

Catcher in the Rye.... The character is talking about his brother that died... Fenn's brother also passed away and they both talk about memories.. The character and Fenn mirror themselves..

And by the way... Manhattan just stands for the Madison River.....
06-20-2016, 03:12 PM,
Some other great works he mentions is Flywater and the stories of Osborne Russell. Seems like these books would coincide with a possible location for the treasure as I'm sure many already know.