Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Email Count Update
03-13-2014, 06:06 AM,
Email Count Update
For anyone who may be interested, I sent an email to Forrest yesterday inquiring about the number of Chase-related emails he had received to-date. His response was:

I have received 36,433 to date. Good luck in the chase. f

Pretty amazing...
03-31-2014, 10:19 AM,
Email Count Update
SydnCharley...just curious, have you received other emails from him and if so was his closing the same? Good luck in the chase?

I have not received an email from him other than one regarding the raffle awhile back. So I have not had a closing pertaining to the search. I'm wondering what other closing remarks he has used or if it is always "Good luck in the chase"?

Its kind of funny... I think a lot of us think of it as a hunt, and he refers to it as a chase. But then that's why the title of the book is what it is.

I would like to see what closings he has used when emailing other searchers, if no one minds.

jdh
03-31-2014, 11:12 AM,
Email Count Update
@jdh - I'm sure Forrest has used a multitude of closings over the years. After you asked about e-mail closings from other searchers, I got out a file I keep of my correspondence with Mr. Fenn.

When reading the dozen or so responses I have received, I can say that after the first 2 answers from him, the rest have always included my first name in his closing comment. For example, "Good luck to you (my name)".f or

"Thanks (my name), I will send you something I posted yesterday, and look forward to your comments about it."f

I don't believe Mr. Fenn would ever give out hints to anyone, and he doesn't always respond, but I believe he does enjoy some of the out of the box thinking or when one shares a story relative to the treasure hunt.
03-31-2014, 01:28 PM,
Email Count Update
@Retired- yep, I'm sure he has also and I certainly am not looking for a clue in his comments. I'm just curious if he uses a standard closing using the chase or not, with the person's name used or not.

Usually a person will use about three or four different closings, depending on the closeness of the relationship and if the contents of the exchange is friendship or business or ... whatever. I just want to see the different ways he closes an exchange.

thanks for your reply.

jdh
03-31-2014, 02:34 PM,
Email Count Update
Mine said this from him dated Sept. 26th 2011 at 3:53 pm.

"I cannot imagine that you did not find the treasure after all that planning and thinking. Hope you don't stop looking." f
03-31-2014, 03:08 PM,
Email Count Update

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from jdh on March 31, 2014, 11:19 am</b>

SydnCharley...just curious, have you received other emails from him and if so was his closing the same? Good luck in the chase?

I have not received an email from him other than one regarding the raffle awhile back. So I have not had a closing pertaining to the search. I'm wondering what other closing remarks he has used or if it is always "Good luck in the chase"?

Its kind of funny... I think a lot of us think of it as a hunt, and he refers to it as a chase. But then that's why the title of the book is what it is.

I would like to see what closings he has used when emailing other searchers, if no one minds.

jdh
</div>

I have received three emails from Forrest, all in response to questions I posed. The communication I posted here is the most recent and the only one to include any sort of closing salutation. The other two were simple answers to specific questions followed only by his signature f.