Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Nine Clue List
03-13-2014, 08:11 AM,
The Nine Clue List
Video of Fenn holding his thumb awkwardly over NM 85 map , right on the frog and coin.

Coins date obscured, but traced the hair and neck line to coins found on the shipwreck SS Republic.

http://www.usrarecoininvestments.com/coi..._eagle.htm
03-13-2014, 08:46 AM,
The Nine Clue List
I agree
03-13-2014, 08:54 AM,
The Nine Clue List
My current solution is based on this set of clues.

Clue 1 - As I have gone alone in there and with my treasures bold

Clue 2 - Begin it where warm waters halt and take it in the canyon down

Clue 3 - Not far, but too far to walk

Clue 4 - Put in below the Home of Brown

Clue 5 - If you've been wise and found the blaze

Clue 6 - Look quickly down your quest to cease

Clue 7 - I've done it tired and now I'm weak

Clue 8 - So hear me all and listen good

Clue 9 - I give you title to the gold

Every line is important but many are confirmations of your current location in the hunt and not necessary to finding the chest. I think that although Mr. Fenn says that the clues are in order and not to mess with his poem, some of the clue solutions aren't applicable until later in the hunt and if you mess with the poem by rearranging it, you'll lose the intended purpose of some clues.

jdh
03-13-2014, 09:10 AM,
The Nine Clue List
<b>jdh</b>, the problem I see with your solution is it's almost like the home of Brown is near the blaze. If the home of Brown is near the blaze (when your quest is supposed to cease), then that means you could forget the rest of the poem and just look around every place or person named Brown. See what I mean? In other words, if you had 9 clues but the only important clue was home of Brown, that means you could exploit <i>the</i> fatal flaw in the poem.
03-13-2014, 09:35 AM,
The Nine Clue List
I like good Debate... The entire poem is written to fool the reader. The entire poem is written so cleverly that most will think the lines or phrases in the poem are the clues. OK I see that. But I read the poem as all Hints. And while you must understand what the hints represent to understand what A Clue maybe.

This maybe the reason why we can not come to a consensus on "exactly" what the nine clue are to follow precisely. and why we may think there could be more than 9 clues... there maybe just more than nine hints.

IMO, Just say, food for thought... don't sue me.
03-13-2014, 09:44 AM,
The Nine Clue List

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Circus_Maximus on March 13, 2014, 10:10 am</b>

<b>jdh</b>, the problem I see with your solution is it's almost like the home of Brown is near the blaze. If the home of Brown is near the blaze (when your quest is supposed to cease), then that means you could forget the rest of the poem and just look around every place or person named Brown. See what I mean? In other words, if you had 9 clues but the only important clue was home of Brown, that means you could exploit <i>the</i> fatal flaw in the poem.
</div>

It would appear as you say, however if you read my comments below my list you might better understand my interpretation of the blaze and how it is applied. The blaze points to where my quest will cease, but I'm not there until later in the poem. This stanza is preparing me for that time. I think the blaze is revealed earlier in the hunt as the word "found" implies. However, by my saying that, you might think this clue is not "in order", but it is according to the way this stanza is written and where it is in the poem.

I think there is way too much poem left for the chest to be found at the end of stanza 4.

jdh

03-13-2014, 10:06 AM,
The Nine Clue List

<b>Quote from Seeker on March 13, 2014, 10:35 am</b>

I like good Debate... The entire poem is written to fool the reader. The entire poem is written so cleverly that most will think the lines or phrases in the poem are the clues. OK I see that. But I read the poem as all Hints. And while you must understand what the hints represent to understand what A Clue maybe.

This maybe the reason why we can not come to a consensus on "exactly" what the nine clue are to follow precisely. and why we may think there could be more than 9 clues... there maybe just more than nine hints.

IMO, Just say, food for thought... don't sue me.
</div>

I think the reason we can't come to consensus is that we all look for different things in the poem. I suppose it's done subconsciously but we all see what we want to see in the poem. Some people think there has to be numbered coordinates, so they look for them and guess what, there they are. Some people want historical characters in an elaborate solution and guess what, there they are. If you want colors, you'll find colors. Want geographical features in a specific state or park? They're there. Clues in every word Mr. Fenn says? Easy peasy, clues galore! If you want Mr. Fenn's history or his spiritual beliefs in a mystical solution, look no further than his many books and artifacts. Whatever it is we want to see, we match it with the poem. It's easy!

Whatever you want to find for your solution is there. Mr.Fenn knew this and used it. That's what makes this fun, fascinating and frustrating.

jdh

03-13-2014, 10:24 AM,
The Nine Clue List

<b>Quote from The Wolf on March 13, 2014, 9:11 am</b>

This is a new list for all the new folks to refer to. This thread will eventually become the master list and thus I will keep it at the top as a sticky topic.

Preface: IMHO - The nine clues are the steps or directions you need to take to get to the chest. All other pieces of information are hints or discriminators that give strength or confidence to how to interpret these 9 clues. The 9 clues are as follows:

Clue 1 - Begin it where waters halt

Clue 2 - And take it in the canyon down

Clue 3 - Not far, but too far to walk

Clue 4 - Put in below the home of Brown

Clue 5 - From there it's no place for the meek

Clue 6 - The end is drawing nigh

Clue 7 - There'll be no paddle up your creek

Clue 8 - Just heavy loads and water high

Clue 9 - If you've been wise and found the blaze, look quickly down you quest to cease

Let the debate begin!
</div>
IMHO, I don't think your interpretation of the "9 clues" should be used as the standard for discussion about the poem. Why not simply put a copy of the Poem and let the searchers decide which part of the Poem they wish to discuss? After all, your 6 part story of searching has resulted no different than all of us. I'm not criticizing just stating my opinion.
03-13-2014, 10:25 AM,
The Nine Clue List
I think people are assuming that a clue has to be one thing or one phrase but a clue could be a whole sentence or even a whole stanza - there is no reason to define it narrowly. So each of the nine sentences in the poem could be a clue and every word in the poem is part of a clue.
03-13-2014, 10:40 AM,
The Nine Clue List
jdh, I agree with all that. that is some of the reasons I think the poem is redirecting folks from the actual clues. To make it be so many things and ways to see it. It Was written to do that. but it must tell a reader exactly how to located the trove.

If I said, there are 8 numbers that will equal to a time... 11 .. 44 .. 109 .. 21 you may look at that as only 4 numbers, which is what I want you to believe but, to find the time you need to find what they are equal to... 1+1, 4-4, 10-9, 2+1.

The time will be 2013. But you may say that is not a time. I never said time on a clock, which is what I want you to believe, but it is a time period... the year 2013.

So the poem can give exactly 9 clues that has relatively nothing to do with the natural way people think or what they May think a canyon is or warm waters of brave and cold etc.