Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lat / Long in TTOTC
03-14-2014, 12:50 PM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC
Staying up all night thinking about it but the more I think about it the more I don't see how it is solvable. The solution is going to leave a bitter taste in a lot of peoples mouths as these treasure hunts usually do.

I do not believe Forrest is doing anything dishonest but what he sees as clues may not be what other people can relate to. Time will tell.

03-14-2014, 01:10 PM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from mdc777 on March 14, 2014, 11:59 am</b>

I do not think coordinates are right to the chest no. Because if that was the case why have clues to a blaze, HOB, WWWH etc? I see any coordinates as a starting place to look for the clues in the poem. Can you find those clues with just the poem? Possibly if you want to go and search hundreds of locations. There are just to many that can fit, look at all the searchers that were sure they were right and came up empty handed. People are saying they can figure out the area just from the poem but I have not figured out how yet.

To me Taos makes sense because of the history, location, famous people and the pueblo. I believe there are hints in the book that tell you to look for Lat/Long yes. If the Lat/Long is in the poem I don't see how yet but I keep an open mind.

I'm one of those people who will never get out to look myself so I post here to try and help someone find it. A few gold pieces would be nice but I do not expect a return. I just want it solved so I can sleep at night lol.

</div>

..." one of those people who will never get out and look myself"... I have wounder how many folks, for what ever their reason, are not physically searching. Finances, Physical capabilities , distance, "no place for the meek" etc. I first started this Treasure hunt with No intention of searching, just wanted to match wits with a very clever and knowledgeable person who gave me a challenge to solve. And honestly that is still my first goal.

But Now, should the poem solution is all anyone needs and walk right to the location of chest, then I'll find a way to get there in do time. Where there is a will there is a way.

As for coordinates in the poem... I believe there is a full set, Just now need to know why they are there.
03-14-2014, 01:16 PM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC
mdc777,

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said... 'I do not believe Forrest is doing anything dishonest but what he sees as clues may not be what other people can relate to.'... I think Fenn is a bit of an Illusionist, he has cleverly written the poem for us to see what he wants us to see the way he wants it to be seen. No misleading , No misdirection. Just making us think. "difficult but not impossible."
03-14-2014, 02:25 PM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC
Seeker have you found the full set of coordinates or are you looking for them?

For those that have found a full set what was there? If not the chest then what? A starting place?

A new puzzle?
03-14-2014, 02:45 PM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from mdc777 on March 14, 2014, 3:25 pm</b>

Seeker have you found the full set of coordinates or are you looking for them?

For those that have found a full set what was there? If not the chest then what? A starting place?

A new puzzle?
</div>

Found, just in the poem itself. I see three reasons for them. You need to know what most of the hints [ I no longer call them clues ] in the poem are to understand how to use the numbers Found with those hints .With out understanding the hints you can't find the clues [ IMO ] One reason I believe they are there is an over look of the area. second is to be used in triangulating the location of the chest, third .. not tellin.
03-14-2014, 03:37 PM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC
I just dont see any numbers in the poem. I guess I am not seeing the hints or reading them correctly.

Frustrating!
03-14-2014, 04:36 PM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC
mdc77,

I won't say your not reading correctly, I think the Author almost make you read the poem the way he wants you to. What I mean by that is [ IMO ] It maybe an Illusion, to make it difficult to 'read' the poem, to the way he is 'telling' the poem. The words clues and hints are so close in meaning that it can throw readers off to think they maybe looking at the text as actual clues. I see the text as hints, MANY of them, the first stanza refers to this. And one needs to figure the exact 9 clues from all those hints. This is just my way of seeing the poem, if it helps, great!

Just a suggestion, Don't overlook the Capital letters, they just maybe a hint that is need to be used with another hints and may lead to A clue.
03-14-2014, 05:17 PM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC
your saying all this on the poem only right? No book to help?
03-14-2014, 05:23 PM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC
Boy Deb is gonna crawl all over me. { just funnin Deb } I don't have the book MDC777, every thing I have as far as a solution is from the poem itself. Not saying I didn't have to look things up. meanings of words. what HOB is, etc. But yes "all you need is the poem". Now ya have to excuse me so I can duck while deb throws the book at me.
03-14-2014, 06:06 PM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC
LOL, No I dont throw books. I just feel like the book helps to see who Forrest is, and that helps to understand where this all is going. Smile

Shhh they aren't listening.