Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lat / Long in TTOTC
03-15-2014, 08:30 AM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC
Seeker, when you found the coordinates, did it change the State you were looking in or do you still think its in New Mexico?
------------------------------
"Abandon all hope, all ye who enter here."
03-15-2014, 10:40 AM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC
PL289,

The poem didn't lead me to NM. When I heard about this challenge to solve this poem, I didn't have any one state in mind. I just let the poem lead me [ I think most searchers did the same ]. The coordinates I found were almost the last thing to find, because there is other hints involved to get the those in a full set. The method or theory I am using for the finding of the 9 clues come from multiple hints...then needed to be linked up to get an answer to a single clue. Hope that is clear enough to to understand. Maybe this will help to show my way of thinking...If one find a meaning to lets say 'WWWH' then finds the meaning to 'Brave and in the wood' those two "Hints" could lead to an answer to a single answer or a single "clue".

I personally don't think the text in it's form is just a directional map, so to speak, to a location. that's Just my way of thinking.
03-15-2014, 06:59 PM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC
I am up all night anyway. The chase gives me something to think about. When its over maybe will move on to some other subject.
Shhh they aren't listening.
03-16-2014, 12:31 PM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC
Seeker, I found a full set of coordinates in the poem (and only in the poem) almost immediately. But the implementation of the coordinates for me is a problem to be solved because one cannot assume they are in order and because numbers can be used many different ways to find a location. Though I have decent confirmation that the numbers were placed intentionally I cannot be confident until the coordinates I have found line up with the other clues I am interpreting. But like mdc777 said, what Forrest sees as clues may not be what others can relate to. Many of us are assuming that Forrest's clues are understandable. The method I used to find coordinates was based on information I found when devising a treasure hunt years ago. I am a professional writer and wrote a treasure hunt but never sold it because unlike Forrest I did not have a chest of gold and trinkets to spare. Smile In the research to create that hunt I uncovered a lot of "tricks" and this led me to the coordinates in the poem. But who knows if I'm right. My solution may lead to an exact spot and be quite elegant but be drastically different from what Forrest created.
03-16-2014, 02:00 PM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC
Pooka,

I came about the coordinates after understanding HOB, used in combination with two other hints. The only way for me to see them was, to see how they worked together and lined up in order with no problems with the others, and only after I had most of the poem understood. Not knowing how you found yours and how you, not knowing exactly how I founded mine, could be the difference between night and day. But, the ones I see just fall in line with the rest of my theory. That basically, hopefully, wishfully, tells me they're correct.

Structure of the poem is important [IMO] and falls in line with an Architect wrote the poem. Like some other searchers have stated and mdc777 also, what a clue is to FF maybe totally different to what a clue maybe to a reader...
04-07-2014, 09:17 AM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from mdc777 on March 14, 2014, 1:50 pm</b>

Staying up all night thinking about it but the more I think about it the more I don't see how it is solvable. The solution is going to leave a bitter taste in a lot of peoples mouths as these treasure hunts usually do.

I do not believe Forrest is doing anything dishonest but what he sees as clues may not be what other people can relate to. Time will tell.

</div>

Bitter like mercury, im guessing.
04-07-2014, 12:16 PM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC
There is something I am still puzzled by. Has FF ever actually said there are PRECISELY nine clues in the poem, or has he simply said "the poem contains nine clues"? Big difference.
04-07-2014, 02:10 PM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC
Well well seeker, if you are confident then jump in and stay for the ride. IMO coordinates ARE created from the poem. There is plenty of room, only two are here as far as I can see. And she does not take up much room, unless her husband is along for the ride. The few, the proud, the Fennbor-ines. At least one third of us should be right. Lets hope so. tick-tock tick-tock tick-tock

Wink I should hibernate as well I guess Wink Danger Will Robertson! danger!

04-08-2014, 09:11 PM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC
I post that 36 and 105 months ago' FF says to look for hint in the book when reading something unusual. Well
04-08-2014, 09:17 PM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC
I posted the 36 and 105 months ago; FF says in the book to look for hints when reading unusual things in the book. In tea with oga, he said she had a 36 inch long bathtub, Well they don't make 36 inch bath tubs, BUT they are 36 inches WIDE. So wide relates to Latitude, and a B-52 doesn't carry 105 of the 750# bombs as he wrote, they only carry 51 of them, and they drop them, so 105 is the Longitude.(longitude is the lines that go up and down) He states an untruth about another number as well, look for it. It and the 51 (right number) may give you the other numbers.