Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone have a link to ...
03-15-2014, 10:27 AM,
The original poem that Forest wrote that he was going to use when his plan was to die next to the chest? Having a bit of trouble finding it for some reason. Thanks in advance! Old Timer
03-15-2014, 11:56 AM,
Old Timer I have not seen or heard of someone of seeing or reading the original poem and not sure if it's on the web to be found IMO but I am only a year into it and might want to ask the elite treasure hunters. Wink
03-15-2014, 12:37 PM,
Old Timer,

As will stated, I don't know or believe there are any known drafts of the poem prior the release of the book.

This is an article from the Daily Beast where it is mention by the reporter, part of the ending of the poem...supposedly from an early draft.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...art-2.html

03-15-2014, 01:54 PM,
I believe Dal saw the original poem or verse that says bones as he was the one who mentioned there was a different version that I know of. I'm almost positive that Dal saw it before Tony did.
03-15-2014, 02:20 PM,
Thanks for the link Seeker. If it is accurate, the changed line of the poem might have been "Then take the chest and leave my bones."
03-15-2014, 02:36 PM,
Steph how accurate would you say Tony`s report would be and do you think he would add to it just to beef up the story.
03-15-2014, 03:31 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Old Timer on March 15, 2014, 3:20 pm</b>

Thanks for the link Seeker. If it is accurate, the changed line of the poem might have been "Then take the chest and leave my bones."
</div>

No problem, But I wouldn't hold the quote to be completely factual. I'd be more interested if Dal did see another version of an earlier draft though...and what may have been on it.