Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why the $100,000 IOU statement?
04-04-2014, 07:37 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Nora Kelly on April 4, 2014, 8:18 pm</b>

I just find it interesting that we are just now hearing about this, especially when Dal said that Forrest has mentioned the IOU thing before. Did he? I guess I missed that somewhere. Spring, a great time for renewal in many ways. :-) I wonder what else others know that we don't? Anyway, it would be a good way for him to know whether it's still out there or not, if it were true and back up previous "how he knows" statements or to calm the waters. All very interesting.
</div>
Imagine what we dont know!

04-13-2014, 07:58 PM,
Even with the $100k I don't think I'd identify myself. $100k would be a small fraction of the cost of lawyers once the feds know your identity and start funneling an infinitely-sustainable tidal-wave of taxpayer-funded prosecution against you in court until you identify the location (and return the chest if it was found on federal land).

Yeah you might get a small amount of public sympathy and publicity while the Today Show has you on set, but after a couple days the media gets bored and moves onto the next shiny object...then you're left with the bag of Life to carry on your own.
---
100 FURLONG CLUB
04-13-2014, 08:41 PM,
IMO the IOU is just upping the ante, sweetening the pot or raising the stakes. I'm inclined to think Forrest is advising in this IOU communication, as he has stated that he thought of everything.
05-25-2017, 01:16 AM,
RE: Why the $100,000 IOU statement?
Bump.

Remember, stay safe in the mountains

down with the evil twin