Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Letter to the Forum
04-05-2014, 08:40 AM,
Open Letter to the Forum
Whats the difference between lurking and watching?

04-05-2014, 09:01 AM,
Open Letter to the Forum
You have "special friends" on this site?? May we know who your favourites are, please?
04-05-2014, 09:03 AM,
Open Letter to the Forum
@The Wolf thank you for speaking up. The common denominator is the thrill of the chase.
04-05-2014, 09:15 AM,
Open Letter to the Forum
@Wolf, Good post!

It's not just the people that claim they have a complete SOLVE, but people that claim to have gotten to the BLAZE also get chastised.

However, I believe I'm on your same wavelength regarding this forum. It's for entertainment, but I also believe that it's for support from a group of people with a common interest. Therefore, it's give and take, and I try to give whenever I can. I'd give even more if it were possible, and there are many times when I read posts that make me want to burst while biting my tongue.

I'm also in a conundrum. I'd absolutely LOVE to share how I got to my blaze, and I'd love to show pictures of it in the hope someone could help me decipher some characteristics about it, but how do you do this without creating additional competition? Also, how do you do this without being arrogant? I hate arrogant people, so what a dilemma.

But your last statement says it all. "Keep the faith, play nice and respect the opinions of others." - this is important, and makes this forum worthwhile.
------------------------------------------------------------------
"The search is supposed to be fun. f"
04-05-2014, 02:48 PM,
Open Letter to the Forum
As far as I'm concerned the drama on this site is primarily caused by three things:

1) Saying something is a fact when it is an opinion.

2) Not saying "in my opinion" when expressing an opinion related to the solution/location of the chest. A one-time "Everything I say is an opinion" is not an acceptable substitute.

3) Claiming you have "the" solution, to the blaze, chest, whatever. If you have "a" solution, fine, everyone does. If you believe you have "the" solution, call it "a" solution, or shut up until you find it.

If the above three points were adopted by all on this forum, I believe both the quality of communication on this forum would improve immensely, and the amount of drama would drop considerably. Not everyone agrees with these. That's OK. That's also the cause of the drama, in my opinion.

Regarding telling your solution/trip report, I don't care, never have - I believe everyone who would tell their solution has the wrong one - if you want to tell your wrong solution, go for it, if that's how you get your thrills.

04-05-2014, 04:15 PM,
Open Letter to the Forum
What ever happen to having fun with the chase? Why cant someone believe that they solved the poem and have not had a chance to search the area yet. Why post serious thoughts about how the chase has effect our lives but yet we get chastised for the thrill of sharing our thoughts. Maybe we should live alittle and be a kid in this adventure and let it do what Forrest attended it to be. Disclaimer this is my opinion and never take what I say serious cause I am not the smartest on this Chase Smile
04-05-2014, 04:19 PM,
Open Letter to the Forum
Well said Will197532!
04-05-2014, 05:02 PM,
Open Letter to the Forum
I won't speak for anyone but myself. I came to this site for one fact, it is an open Forum and not a personal blog. A personal blog is (IMO) an online diary as such, even though that person may allow others to comment, They have the final say on who can or can not say or visit their site...for any reason!

The Forum is open to the public for a discussion of the topic at hand. The moderators have enough problems cleaning up inappropriate behavior and are not baby sitters [JUST SAYING]. I personally came to pass around ideas and read others ideas for the purpose of trying to solve the poem. Stephanie and I have bumped heads over sharing to much, BUT she has never told me that I [or anyone else] can't <i>. The problem [IMO... to be politically correct] what I see here, is some can't control their own emotions. I can not help that those folks get upset about how much is shared here. or feel others may get to the chest before they can because of that sharing. Honestly if the sharing of ideas [ On Any Scale ] should come to a halt, because that is what I thought this forum was for, I'll go quietly into the night...sadly, as many already have.

People forget they are in public...and not at home with their electronic device... Just MY personal opinion. </i>
04-05-2014, 05:09 PM,
Open Letter to the Forum
NIce post wolf. Pretty much sums up how I feel about many people here. They are tough behind the screen, but as I feel if everyone takes what everyone else says as a grain of salt, yet still keeping it logged in the back of our minds, this treasure hunt probably would have been over already. I believe most of the answers have been posted or are part of the folks on this forum. Keeping an open mind (IMO) to all the posts here can only provide valuable data to the solution. Basically, if you don't like what someone else has posted, then cackle behind your 12" monitor and move on, while keeping it logged as a possibility, and not iterating their insipidity.
04-05-2014, 05:45 PM,
Open Letter to the Forum
Post what you want, understand it's your view, observe the golden rule, no worries...

Remember that the posts you take are equal to the posts you make.

And if you really really are bursting to tell something but are afraid to tell too much, tell it indirectly, like Forrest does...

Halogetter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hairy's Crack Lounge, Open 24 Hours crazyfamily 48 4,324 Today, 01:00 AM
Last Post: crazyfamily