Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A number of searchers...
04-05-2014, 08:33 PM,
A number of searchers...
In a recent article at go-star.com (posted on Dal's media coverage page) ff has stated that 'a number of searchers have been within several hundred feet of the treasure', a change in how he has phrased it previously. So do you think that more searchers are getting close and landing in the correct area or is ff just mixing up how he is referencing those who have been close to the chest? And he also changed within 500 ft to several hundred ft, so do you think he might be inferring that some are figuring out more than the first 2 clues? Perhaps this statement is meaningless, but to me, subtle changes such as these by ff are like a barometer measuring general progression toward the solving of the poem and finding the treasure.
04-06-2014, 12:22 AM,
A number of searchers...
Yes.

04-06-2014, 12:24 AM,
A number of searchers...
Smile Seems like sound logic to me also.
Shhh they aren't listening.
04-06-2014, 08:21 AM,
A number of searchers...
i believe several people have been close by accident or through their interpretation of the clues. it is meant to encourage and excite those in the hunt without causing consternation amongst the rank and file. he has learned to be more ambiguous or vague to avoid the appearance of or so that he won't be accused of tipping off those who have been close.
04-06-2014, 10:32 AM,
A number of searchers...
The problem with that thought is, regardless of what he says most believe he is speaking of them. Smile Optimists to the very end. Isnt it optimism that keeps us going?
04-06-2014, 11:11 AM,
A number of searchers...
deb - I agree with you that most people hope or believe they will be successful, otherwise they would feel it to be a pointless exercise. Is this more excitement or optimism?

For me it feels more like excitement. I (like many others) am competitive and like the challenge and adventure of trying to figure it out first. Some who are driven by feelings of generosity to help those close to them with their plight in life may feel driven more by optimism.

Some want fame and fortune which is likely more excitement driven. Some are just happy for a respite from the drudgery of life (me included) and may enjoy the journey more than they care about finding the prize (not me).

jcm - i do think some are close and that it will be found this year.

04-06-2014, 12:34 PM,
A number of searchers...
LOL Now thats one I had never seen before. Smile
04-06-2014, 04:46 PM,
A number of searchers...
will197532 - That post of yours is offensive to me & completely disrespectful of everyone here on this Chase. I'm surprised that deb & locolobo would condone such behavior. Fortunately for you - I'm not a moderator because you'd be banned for the duration. You have no right to contaminate the rest of us & this blog with your vulgarities. Since you obviously have nothing of value to contribute here ... please take your filth elsewhere & wallow in it to your heart's content.
04-06-2014, 05:04 PM,
A number of searchers...
Beck I did not mean to offend anyone but you also have to understand people culture and humor are different all over the United States. I have visited West Virginia up around Huntington so I must say that it aint no church state either!
05-01-2014, 05:26 PM,
A number of searchers...

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from jcm on April 5, 2014, 9:33 pm</b>

In a recent article at go-star.com (posted on Dal's media coverage page) ff has stated that 'a number of searchers have been within several hundred feet of the treasure', a change in how he has phrased it previously. So do you think that more searchers are getting close and landing in the correct area or is ff just mixing up how he is referencing those who have been close to the chest? And he also changed within 500 ft to several hundred ft, so do you think he might be inferring that some are figuring out more than the first 2 clues? Perhaps this statement is meaningless, but to me, subtle changes such as these by ff are like a barometer measuring general progression toward the solving of the poem and finding the treasure.
</div>
Seeing as I recently brought a number of searchers out to what I believe to be the correct treasure location.

Doesn't surprise me.

Seeing as the search site is only 9801000 square feet , how could we have missed it ?