Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A number of searchers...
05-04-2014, 08:25 PM,
A number of searchers...
Not to worry there Circles...The people I know think I'm nuts anyway, so I let'em...Saves wear and tear and knuckle skin...The less anyone knows what I'm about the better...Pays to keep'em guessin'... Smile
05-04-2014, 09:06 PM,
A number of searchers...
Hmmm I once saw a wino slice off another mans finger over 50 cents. I wonder what people would do for a million? No need to answer...
Shhh they aren't listening.
05-09-2014, 09:42 PM,
A number of searchers...
Yikes!
05-09-2014, 09:51 PM,
A number of searchers...
I am currently rewatching my DVDs of Breaking Bad. I need to learn how to be a bad ass in case someone tries to cut me as I am reaching for the treasure................
05-09-2014, 09:59 PM,
A number of searchers...
I would be more worried about Black Widows, scorpions, or rattlers my self...They like to hide in the recesses and cubbyholes like the one the box is in... Smile
05-09-2014, 10:19 PM,
A number of searchers...
That's ok...I have a very good flashlight to take a look see in that box. Appreciate your concern though.

Old Timer
05-09-2014, 10:41 PM,
A number of searchers...
Sam is right, unless someone is watching you. But the wild things are the real threat.
Shhh they aren't listening.
05-10-2014, 01:58 AM,
A number of searchers...
Not a problem there Old Timer...just a heads up so you don't go reachin' before checkin' the environs in all that excitement you see... Smile
08-21-2015, 09:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-21-2015, 10:12 AM by ItsAllMine.)
RE: A number of searchers...
(05-02-2014, 03:21 PM)Jack Wrote: <div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from jcm on April 5, 2014, 9:33 pm</b>

In a recent article at go-star.com (posted on Dal's media coverage page) ff has stated that 'a number of searchers have been within several hundred feet of the treasure', a change in how he has phrased it previously. So do you think that more searchers are getting close and landing in the correct area or is ff just mixing up how he is referencing those who have been close to the chest? And he also changed within 500 ft to several hundred ft, so do you think he might be inferring that some are figuring out more than the first 2 clues? Perhaps this statement is meaningless, but to me, subtle changes such as these by ff are like a barometer measuring general progression toward the solving of the poem and finding the treasure.
</div>

Suppose the chest is hidden within 300 - 500 feet of a well travelled road. If searchers correctly solved the first two clues, then they would be in the correct general area. So they possibly would be driving on that road on their way to their search location. So several searchers could be within 500 or several hundred feet of the chest on their way to or from the place they are searching even though that place was the wrong one.

You are exactly right Jack they drove down the road which passes about 500 feet from the treasure. There are 2 other blazes just beyond "The Blaze". Finding the correct blaze makes it easy to see how others passed it by.

(05-09-2014, 10:41 PM)deb Wrote: Sam is right, unless someone is watching you. But the wild things are the real threat.

The danger is high water, low water is a short season and less chance of drowning. When water is high it is also fast and the treasure too deep to find or recover in such current. You cannot easily go to the treasure site when water is high, it is a fisherman's heaven when the water is low. It must be in the water because the land in the area is a snake's heaven and hazardous pile of large rocks.

(05-04-2014, 09:06 PM)deb Wrote: Hmmm I once saw a wino slice off another mans finger over 50 cents. I wonder what people would do for a million? No need to answer...

I have run into some desperate and rude searchers online, one guy removed me from a group because I would not answer his questions, he wasn't the moderator so I was back in as soon as a moderator who knew of my efforts noticed. I have family that wanted to help until they learned their effort wasn't worth 50% of my effort to decipher the riddle. "I could unravel every riddle if I only had a brain!". with 30,000 looking the finder would prove to be a genius.
The FeΩΩatic