Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taos
06-07-2013, 10:03 PM,
Taos
PTN

Wow that really suprised me because all the time I have known you and your post you have pretty much keeped your secrets and really have not opened up to some of your ideas and specific search areas.

I am glad that you have shared that so what brought that on and keep them coming.
06-08-2013, 03:31 AM,
Taos
PTN

Wow that really suprised me because all the time I have known you and your post you have pretty much keeped your secrets and really have not opened up to some of your ideas and specific search areas.

I am glad that you have shared that so what brought that on and keep them coming.
06-08-2013, 12:57 PM,
Taos
I'm done searching for one...but I have actually on my blog talked about passed searches..it's just that for the past 8 months or so I've been mostly in this area and didn't want to reveal these things. Last summer I was in Cimarron. I also had a great warm water halting that I'm still hesitant to share for here and I also have a great blaze I'm afraid to let go of. I need some time to cleanse my soul of this search lol.
06-09-2013, 12:58 AM,
Taos
The search we nearly got to make a week ago ( cut short by the fires ) did reveal a few things that surprised, One of the little towns on the high road to Taos was originally known by The Ford. We took the Rio Grand canyon. Thought we had found all clues right up to the blaze. It very well may be on that heart stopping rock road UP the canyon. Found the spring coming out of the pipe. The fires kept us from seeing things we really wanted to get to but it was an exciting trip.
06-09-2013, 02:45 AM,
Taos
Wow! Just reading the ideas on this particular post is making my head swim! I know of a particular body of water where you could "cleanse your soul", and in proximity along that body of water is a family that has an airstrip where the home of Brown would be, and it's down the canyon from where the warm waters might halt. I think that it might turn out to be a pretty good place to do a search, thanks!

You know, somebody had referred to this site as "easy on the mind". Thank you for bringing it to life!
06-09-2013, 02:35 PM,
Taos

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Sue on June 9, 2013, 01:58</b>

The search we nearly got to make a week ago ( cut short by the fires ) did reveal a few things that surprised, One of the little towns on the high road to Taos was originally known by The Ford. We took the Rio Grand canyon. Thought we had found all clues right up to the blaze. It very well may be on that heart stopping rock road UP the canyon. Found the spring coming out of the pipe. The fires kept us from seeing things we really wanted to get to but it was an exciting trip.
</div>

Sue where is the spring coming out of the pipe? I've seen that before in Pilar which is another great hot spot of mine. My problem is that I think things are unique because they would be in the Midwest, but you go there and maybe they aren't. For example when I saw a Stagecoach restaurant, I thought I had it. I've since seen many of them out West. So it could be the same with the pipe...maybe there are lots of pipes like that out West.

I'm not sure if I said, but there is an image of one of those pipes on the front of the book and it could be water high.
06-09-2013, 02:37 PM,
Taos

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from NTMI on June 9, 2013, 03:45</b>

Wow! Just reading the ideas on this particular post is making my head swim! I know of a particular body of water where you could "cleanse your soul", and in proximity along that body of water is a family that has an airstrip where the home of Brown would be, and it's down the canyon from where the warm waters might halt. I think that it might turn out to be a pretty good place to do a search, thanks!

You know, somebody had referred to this site as "easy on the mind". Thank you for bringing it to life!
</div>

Thanks NTMI. I think my treasure might just be talking about the treasure with everyone ;-) I love the ideas and hearing the stories.
06-09-2013, 06:20 PM,
Taos
It was Pilar. I've always thought " in the wood " was a pile of old railroad ties piled up or a wooden water tower. Embudo Station is off limits now so we went in at Pilar. When we got to the bridge I thought since the railroad and stage coach line met at Taos Junction maybe that was the way to go so that is why we climbed the jeep over that trail. It is certainly no place for the meek ! Headed for Taos Junction but no luck. There's a lot of pull offs and rocks on the way up but we are not good mountain goats.
06-09-2013, 07:14 PM,
Taos
Are you talking about taking the road up passed the bridge to the top of the canyon? Oh my gosh we did that and that for sure was not for the meek(even though I'm very meek)....we almost got killed. Some kid was gunning it around a turn and just about hit us head on. I know he was more scared than us when it happened too. I doubt he'll ever do anything like that again. We hiked a couple trails on the way up there and there was a great fishing spot off one of them that's hidden by a big boulder and goes down the side of the canyon down to the rio.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I am looking for a person near Taos to listen reason then get the chest pidmt 26 2,925 07-10-2017, 04:18 PM
Last Post: Royleroy