Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Searchers needing rescue and being charged
05-08-2014, 02:47 AM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from wishiIwasRich on May 6, 2014, 10:07 am</b>

@john, I just came from Yellowstone, hiking on the trails... Did I say I did prepare and carry bear spray.
</div>

I would likely carry bear spray in Yellowstone but not down here in the mountains north of Santa Fe. We haven't had a grizzly in this state since before I was born. Most human/bear encounters here occur on the urban/wildland interface. You get out into the back country and you seldom see bears. Where you need it is walking in town and who wants to carry bear spray everywhere?
05-08-2014, 07:04 AM,
LOL Isnt that the truth? Bears will travel great distances to find food. Since we are in a drought bears have been congregating around the easiest food source. Its happening all over the state. This is youtube about bears in Raton NM:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDHV76JNbqo

Shhh they aren't listening.
05-21-2014, 03:10 PM,
There is currently one ongoing case in Yellowstone involving a Forrest Fenn treasure hunter. "We will be seeking the most aggressive penalty... Including cost recovery and banned from the park," said Reid. "National parks are here to use. But it is a privilege, not necessarily a right."

But what if Forrest Fenn did leave his treasure in Yellowstone National Park and someone finds it? Reid says, there is an abandoned property statute, and if it's not yours, you can't take it out either.

WHAAT?! MY National Park A privilege? and not necessarily a right? My tax dollars made and keep Yellowstone A National Park. He's there to over see MY park as a care taker, Not to Allow or stop me from access.

The Idiots that were arrested violated laws for protection of the land...Not by going to. anyone can be stupid and have no respect for the land... what's next close to tourism? When does a National Park become a privilege? this is Not an individuals, group or origination's private property. By the way.. it's not in Yellowstone.
05-21-2014, 03:22 PM,
"But what if Forrest Fenn did leave his treasure in Yellowstone National Park and someone finds it? Reid says, there is an abandoned property statute, and if it's not yours, you can't take it out either."

"Can't?" That's a crock of chit. Who or what the bloody chuck will prevent the finder from taking the treasure? The gods? A curse?
05-21-2014, 03:30 PM,
<b>"National parks are here to use. But it is a privilege, not necessarily a right."</b>

BULLCRAP! They are only a "privilege" in the sense that they belong to every citizen of the USA because they are citizens. Walking on public land is a right, not a privilege.
05-21-2014, 03:40 PM,
The funny thing is you are not supposed to move a rock in YNP but they built a big hotel in the middle of the park! Just saying Smile
05-21-2014, 03:48 PM,
Desertphile curses just like a sailer oh yes now I remember he was a sailer.
05-21-2014, 03:51 PM,

<b>Quote from will197532 on May 21, 2014, 4:40 pm</b>

The funny thing is you are not supposed to move a rock in YNP but they built a big hotel in the middle of the park! Just saying Smile
</div>

The single largest vandal to the country's public lands is the National Parks "Service." The second largest vandal is the Bureau of Land Management. Compared to these two perpetrators, all other vandals pale into insignificance.
05-21-2014, 05:03 PM,

<b>Quote from Desertphile on May 21, 2014, 4:22 pm</b>

"But what if Forrest Fenn did leave his treasure in Yellowstone National Park and someone finds it? Reid says, there is an abandoned property statute, and if it's not yours, you can't take it out either."

"Can't?" That's a crock of chit. Who or what the bloody chuck will prevent the finder from taking the treasure? The gods? A curse?
</div>

Anyone care to ask ranger Rick what that statute says? I am sure it is inline with common law which states find the owner and if he doesn't want it then give it to the finder. It is common sense to report the find to park services first prior to removal otherwise it is theft. Once reported - don't sweat it these rangers are rookies when it comes to understanding law.

The Wolf
05-21-2014, 10:46 PM,

I will guess that Reid didn't read the poem, particularly the last stanza...