Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Searchers needing rescue and being charged
05-21-2014, 10:58 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from The Wolf on May 21, 2014, 6:03 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from Desertphile on May 21, 2014, 4:22 pm</b>

"But what if Forrest Fenn did leave his treasure in Yellowstone National Park and someone finds it? Reid says, there is an abandoned property statute, and if it's not yours, you can't take it out either."

"Can't?" That's a crock of chit. Who or what the bloody chuck will prevent the finder from taking the treasure? The gods? A curse?
</div>

Anyone care to ask ranger Rick what that statute says? I am sure it is inline with common law which states find the owner and if he doesn't want it then give it to the finder. It is common sense to report the find to park services first prior to removal otherwise it is theft. Once reported - don't sweat it these rangers are rookies when it comes to understanding law.

The Wolf</div>
</div>

Bloody Chuck?

Who cleaned up David's original post? or did he after having a bar of soap in his mouth
05-22-2014, 06:43 AM,

<b>Quote from jcm on May 21, 2014, 11:46 pm</b>

"But what if Forrest Fenn did leave his treasure in Yellowstone National Park and someone finds it? Reid says, there is an abandoned property statute, and if it's not yours, you can't take it out either."

I will guess that Reid didn't read the poem, particularly the last stanza...
</div>

GREAT point jcm. Need to find that statute. It looks to me like it's already been decided it would fall into the abandoned property law. Forrest has already said that it won't be on his own property. So there will be for sure an issue of title. He's said once the finder has it, that it's up to them to deal with any ramifications.
05-22-2014, 06:58 AM,
Maybe that is a way that Forrest will keep his spot a secret by putting it in a place that the finder wouldn't be able to tell where he found it.
05-22-2014, 07:20 AM,
BTW, do any of the other girls who frequent chasechat feel like weighing in on the fact that park rangers should change their uniform to something a little less "boy scout" for a grown man? LOL...I'm sorry, but I think they could easily increase park revenue if maybe they worked on this a bit. Here's a guy who has rocked the mail carrier uniform on the link below. Maybe if Reid came out with a calendar like this with his fellow Dudley Do-Rights....they could stop fighting us citizens wanting to look for the treasure there and earn their own monies from this type of endevour.

http://www.calendars.com/Male-Models/Uni...d=cat00170
05-22-2014, 07:30 AM,
Fenn was asked at one time, can he tell us if the chest is on private or public land [ paraphrasing ]. He stated that would be too much of a clue for him to answer.

This has always brought a thought, that there maybe a political agenda behind the chase. or at least a statement of some kind. Maybe that is why the prize is 1+ mil.
05-22-2014, 09:30 AM,
Stephanie, not that many rangers I have seen look like that. Most look more like Smokey the bear. Sorry rangers, now prove me wrong! Please! Smile

I dont believe anyone needs any of that stuff to find the treasure.Just a gut instinct. Also the ranger made blanket statements that dont really fit in all situations outside of YNP. Maybe he was instructed to, but we should all be aware of what applies in our search areas.

I dont think its in YNP.
Shhh they aren't listening.
05-22-2014, 10:06 AM,

<b>Quote from admin on May 22, 2014, 8:20 am</b>

BTW, do any of the other girls who frequent chasechat feel like weighing in on the fact that park rangers should change their uniform to something a little less "boy scout" for a grown man? LOL...I'm sorry, but I think they could easily increase park revenue if maybe they worked on this a bit. Here's a guy who has rocked the mail carrier uniform on the link below. Maybe if Reid came out with a calendar like this with his fellow Dudley Do-Rights....they could stop fighting us citizens wanting to look for the treasure there and earn their own monies from this type of endevour.

http://www.calendars.com/Male-Models/Uni...d=cat00170
</div>

You are too sexist not all rangers are male!!

I need to whisper this but can you give send me the new sexy ranger girl scout rendition please

Nothing wrong with your pictures but your link only turns my female kidney on and makes me want to pee more.
05-22-2014, 10:43 AM,

<b>Quote from will197532 on May 22, 2014, 7:58 am</b>

Maybe that is a way that Forrest will keep his spot a secret by putting it in a place that the finder wouldn't be able to tell where he found it.
</div>

It would be ironic if f put it someplace that you could never remove it if found for instance like if it was in the Smithsonian? You find it but can't keep it just a funny idea
01-13-2015, 12:42 AM,
UPDATED MAY 1ST, 2014

Rumor has it that a group of four searchers had to be rescued in Yellowstone National Park on Sunday. The group is apparently okay. According to authorities criminal charges may be laid against the four. The names and charges have not been made public. Authorities also said that this is not the first time that searchers for Forrest’s treasure have gotten into trouble.

My response and opinion since everyone has one... I don't think Fenn would want anyone to get arrested.. so no need to take shovels, metal detectors, etc. etc. Just go out and explore. If you are going to take ANYTHING, take items to PROTECT YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY... that's all you need. A flashlight, water, and snacks too.

01-13-2015, 05:08 AM,
You also forgot firearms, bear spray and 42 pound chest.